Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still on @$#%* Liquid-Diet! Day 30!

I need to vent:mad:

Remember my last thread http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/doing-well-day-14-a-41660/

?

Well, I visited my new dietician the following day, was excited, waiting to hear mushie recipes! I was so excited that i bought a brand new blender, just for the mushie stage just for meeeee

me: *grin* So this is my last day on liquids! Can't wait for mashed potatoes!:hungry:

Dietician: oh:rolleyes

me: what? :)

D: two more weeks, dear

me: but my dietician back in Dubai said only two weeks! ;)

d: naah. I know its hard but you're losing more weight this way!:clap2:

me: ok:think

So ladies and gents, Bloo is feeling a bit blue

but you know what? I lost 9 kgs so far! that's 19.8 lbs well 20 lbs :whoo:

tell me this is good!

Yesterday I had my first fill! Was fun! :fish:

the dr kept filling and unfilling while i was drinking some sort of a medical syrup..

me: thanks dr, that was fun! (thinking of mashed potatoes)

dr: yeah, so now stick to the liquids diet and visit me 4weeks from now.

me: almost faint :faint:

i didnt say a word

im supposed to see the dietician today! but im not going, maybe tomorrow! and ill discuss that with her! :rant:

Chin up bloo chin uppppppp..

how are you guys doing? :ranger:

Oh man! Two MONTHS on liquids? Seems over the top, but did you have any other problems? I would definitely ask the dietician. Is the dietician one that works specifically for a bariatric surgeon and one that does lots of bands?

Take care and CONGRATS on losing a great amount of weight already, woohoo!!!!

Chin up, you'll eat soon. You can do this liquid thing, it's not going to be forever (though I know it seems like it now, huh?).

We wait with baited breath for updates!

I am new to the site; so bear with me; my surgery date isn't until Jan. 7, 2008. (Insurance reasons!!) I am fast closing in on only 3 weeks of liquid diet and I feel very nervous at the thought of not eating a meal for 3 weeks. Will I lose weight rapidly and maybe that will keep me going??? I am so scared my family won't be able to live with me!!! Does anyone know how much weight I may lose during this time? I haven't met with the nutriionist yet; just wondering if anyone can help me out??

I lost about 25 pounds or so during my 4 weeks on liquids. It was darn close to a pound a day. I have 3 small children I had to feed everyday- so that was kinda tough at first. It got easier day by day. Watching your weight fall off made it worth it! It is a great way to jump start your weight loss, that's for sure!

Today is exactly two weeks since my surgery, and as of Monday I had lost 23 pounds. I'm pretty sure it's 25 by now (I force myself to only weigh myself once a week), and it's all been clear or full liduids diet for me. Since I am getting my first fill on Monday, I will not be progressing to the next stage of my diet, and my doctor requires I restart the entire diet cycle after the fill. Therefore, I will not be eating "real" food until the second week of November. Of course, the one good thing about that is I'll probably lose 50 pounds, in total, by Thanksgiving. That'll leave me with "only" 35 more pounds to lose.

As far as family living with you, my wife was CERTAIN I was going to be a grade-A A-hole on this diet, and I could not haev agreed with her more. I got what she referred to as "serious food PMS" when I did not eat for awhile. However, since the surgery she says I am the happiest I have been in years, and I feel that too.

How come you guys have lost more than moi? :cool: I didnt cheat!

must be my metabolism! bad bad metabolism! :x

you know what? I should get on the treadmill!

anyhow, I met my dietician and I will be on liquids for two more weeks! So 6 weeks total! sigh

Faithmd, hey, im not having any probles! so far so good! Are you still in touch with yr Syrian friend? :)

Kagoscuba, yeah! I do feel happy!

mytime63, it depends on your metabolism! but you definetely will losea big amount of fat!

Bloo

WOW, that is quite a while on liquids. I was on liquids for 2 weeks and then was allowed mushies, but I kept mostly with liquids for the next 2 weeks. Trying to jump start my losing...LOL

This isnt counting the nearly all liquids I did for a month pre-op though.

Hope the time goes by quick for ya...Dave

I'm on day 4 and I am already dreaming of mushies but I also know that this is normal because lets face it, we wouldn't be here if we were liquid dieters. Hang in there. This too shall pass. Keep up the good work !!!

Bekkie

I'd be willing to bet your body is going into "conservation mode" and is adjusting to the caloric intake accordingly. Basically it thinks you are starving and it is grabbing at all the little calories it can and saving them. That's why a lot of times when you are on a "diet" and not losing it is because your are not eating ENOUGH. You can try upping your Protein intake. Wow, I am surprised they don't have you on mushies yet. That is really conservative.