Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2017 Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

I am hoping for September! My items are being submitted to insurance next week and they say 2-3 weeks to get approval from insurance which would likely put surgery in September. I am having surgery in Kansas City, MO!

H 5'5" HW 273, CW 256, GW 160

Any update?

I am scheduled for sleeve surgery sept 15th and excited to see so many of us on here! I'm day three of liquids and plugging along. Keeping my eye on the long term!

Thank you!! [emoji4]

September 18th is my day!!! So excited. Start my two week preop diet tomorrow. Daily I get two Protein Shakes a day made with Water and two meals with 3-5 ounces of lean meat and 1/2 to 1 cup of veggies plus my 64 ounces of water.

The day before surgery of course I get just two bottles of Isopure and my 64 ounces of water.

I thought I would want to have a "food funeral" this weekend and I would go hog wild, but I really haven't. I had a payday and some some mac and cheese, but nothing sounds good so that's a good thing too.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:24 PM, Angel11 said:

Yay! A day before my surgery. We're getting close. I start my liquid diet, 2 weeks from today. :)

I start mine on the 13th! I'm dreading it lol

Im nervous 2. But going one step at a time. Start Sept 4th. Labor Day. I get the wk end with family first. To be sleevef Sept. 18, Good Luck All!! Salem, Massachusetts ; )

The difference in preop diets is crazy! We have two week of two Protein Shakes made with Water (no premade shakes and must have 20 grams of Protein, less than 6 carbs and whey protein isolate or soy protein isolate must be the first ingredient) and then we get two meals a day consisting of 3-5 ounces of lean protein and 1/2 to 1 cup veggies (non starchy) plus 64 ounces water daily and of course our supplements. We can have sugar free Jello and popsicles if we want too. The day before surgery we have only two bottles of Isopure and 64 ounces of water. I have heard the requirements to shrink the liver have changed and no longer require all liquids for two weeks. I won't complain!

13 hours ago, Mimi of 7 said:

First day of liquid diet today, 3 Carnation s a day, puece of fruit, yogurt, broth for supper & couple pops a day. First day down. ; )

I am on day 6 ... made it thru labor day weekend.... the funny thing was the smell of the food and the sight of it ... I didn't want it.. 8 days for me... Dr Benedetto - Salem Hospital Sept 13

13 hours ago, Mimi of 7 said:

Im nervous 2. But going one step at a time. Start Sept 4th. Labor Day. I get the wk end with family first. To be sleevef Sept. 18, Good Luck All!! Salem, Massachusetts ; )

I am going to Salem too.... I wonder if you were in my NSMC 4 wk class ?

Whoohoo! The thread has gone international. Dunno about anything else but emotional support will be right here!

September 5th came and went and feeling good. No nausea, a little stiffness. Malaysian staff were fantastic and the clinic was high standard. Being discharged today and fly back to Indonesia on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Good luck to the rest of you in September.

Sent from my A1-840FHD using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, Vaughan in Java said:

September 5th came and went and feeling good. No nausea, a little stiffness. Malaysian staff were fantastic and the clinic was high standard. Being discharged today and fly back to Indonesia on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Fantastic! Glad to hear :) Keep us posted! My surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm excited & getting nervous. Safe travels, Vaughan!!!

Fantastic! Glad to hear [emoji4] Keep us posted! My surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm excited & getting nervous. Safe travels, Vaughan!!!

Bet you are nervous...I was too. But it's going to be the start of something great. We must focus on that! Very best of luck and love to you all from S E Asia.

Sent from my SM-A720F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey! Welcome to the other side. I'm glad all went well. My surgery got postponed to October so I technically don't belong here anymore but it's good to get news from others either way.
Way to go!! And have a safe trip back home.