Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2017 Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

2 minutes ago, NZFinallyFree said:

All the best for your surgery tomorrow! My only advice is to be excited and positive. Honestly pain was minimal for me and recovery so quick!

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your post & advice. I will definitely use your advice. I'm glad, I saw this post.... :)

Edited by Angel11

Just now, Angel11 said:

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate it! I will definitely take your advice :) I'm glad, I saw these posts :)

Where are you having your surgery? I am way down in New Zealand, got accepted here for surgery (self pay) but chose to go to Malaysia as there was a world renowned surgeon and the whole package was cheaper including flights and accommodation . I arrived the day before surgery and had all the preop testing, amazing screening of everything - from echo cardiogram, x-rays, ultra sounds and blood tests. So professional. 2 nights in hospital but on the first morning post op after 6pm surgery I was up and about and minimal pain meds, drinking straight away 30mls per hour and on a soft diet from day 3. I was out in KL shopping by day 4 and flew home on day 6. I am still buzzing with excitement at starting the weight loss and just not being hungry. I know everyones experience is different but I just need to share a positive one. Drove my self mad watching utube videos pre op with all the scary stories!

13 hours ago, NZFinallyFree said:

Where are you having your surgery? I am way down in New Zealand, got accepted here for surgery (self pay) but chose to go to Malaysia as there was a world renowned surgeon and the whole package was cheaper including flights and accommodation . I arrived the day before surgery and had all the preop testing, amazing screening of everything - from echo cardiogram, x-rays, ultra sounds and blood tests. So professional. 2 nights in hospital but on the first morning post op after 6pm surgery I was up and about and minimal pain meds, drinking straight away 30mls per hour and on a soft diet from day 3. I was out in KL shopping by day 4 and flew home on day 6. I am still buzzing with excitement at starting the weight loss and just not being hungry. I know everyones experience is different but I just need to share a positive one. Drove my self mad watching utube videos pre op with all the scary stories!

Great to hear! You're whole pre op & post op, sound awesome ! I'm having my surgery in the USA. Yes, I agree about the YouTube videos. That is what has me so nervous. But, I'm taking your advice & staying positive :) today is the day! I'm getting ready now. I will keep you posted on how it goes :)

Sleeved on 12 September in Malaysia. Feeling absolutely great Best decison I have made in a long long time!

I was sleeved on the 5th in KL. Like you, feeling better than I have done in years. Wonderful. I'll toast our success with a sip of water! Good luck.

Sent from my A1-840FHD using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck in the morning- my surgery was 9/13... first couple days were not easy ... better everyday...

Mine was the day after yours. Starting to fee much better but the unexpected hiatal hernia surgery during my procedure has my esophagus and diaphragm feeling really tight. Even Water feels like a bubble forms around it and like it is getting stuck. I thought it first that it was because of the lap band, but the doctor said yesterday that it is the hernia repair causing the problems. I'm on a full liquid diet until the end of next week and then I get to try puréed foods and I can hardly wait. How has your time been since your surgery?

Im feeling better. Surgery was Sept. 18th. Im 6 days out today. Was a bit rough when i first woke & couple days with pressure on my breast bone then thot it must be from the air they inject. Glad it's over but i am so hungry. Last time i ate was Sept 3rd. Been liquids since. See Dr Tues then begins 2nd wk and mushy food. All in all wasnt that bad pain is minimal. Amazing how fast we heal. Good luck all.

Thanks for clearing that up about staples. My dr never mentioned removing staples. I too had minimal pain and recovered quickly. I intend to go back to work tomorrow since I'm just sitting here at home. Oddly enough I'm watching the food Channel which I never watch and I'm dying!! I'm really looking forward to oatmeal tomorrow. 2 tablespoons only 2x a day but I'll take it.

On 9/23/2017 at 0:31 AM, Mimi of 7 said:

Im feeling better. Surgery was Sept. 18th. Im 6 days out today. Was a bit rough when i first woke & couple days with pressure on my breast bone then thot it must be from the air they inject. Glad it's over but i am so hungry. Last time i ate was Sept 3rd. Been liquids since. See Dr Tues then begins 2nd wk and mushy food. All in all wasnt that bad pain is minimal. Amazing how fast we heal. Good luck all.

Glad to hear from you.... I am 10 days out. I haven't been hungry th feelings are different . Having a problem figuring out what my body is trying to tell me... saw the doctor last Thursday he told me to start introducing food slowly ... I have been having one or two smoothies a day and today I had some shredded chicken and mashed potatoes... not much just a few pieces but it did settle fine... wish you all the best ... support group tomorrow night ?

3 hours ago, Mimi of 7 said:

Im watching food Videos which I Never Do. Feel like I'm Starving. On liquid diet since Sept. 4th. Tues. I can start Stage 2 ; )

Yay! I'm doing the same, watching food network :) I start phase 2 this Thursday. I will say, I have no hunger pains at all....

Thanks for clearing that up about staples. My dr never mentioned removing staples. I too had minimal pain and recovered quickly. I intend to go back to work tomorrow since I'm just sitting here at home. Oddly enough I'm watching the food Channel which I never watch and I'm dying!! I'm really looking forward to oatmeal tomorrow. 2 tablespoons only 2x a day but I'll take it.

Isn't it amazing how much we value these minimal amounts of food when we've gone without! Enjoy!

On 9/20/2017 at 8:39 PM, NZFinallyFree said:

Soft food by day 3? I am so jealous! Good for you!

Hey everyone! Good to see everyone doing so well. I had my surgery the 19th, last Tuesday and my doctor told me to continue Clear Liquids for one week post op, then full liquids starting the second week, then on to pureed, etc. He said I must follow this if I don't want my staples to come loose. I have also seen videos and read on other sites that the stages getting back into food is very important not to be rushed. Mannnn, what I would do for a little oatmeal right about now. I have been on these liquids since September 3 and to say I am about to go crazy is an understatement. But the good thing is I'm healing much faster than I expected and I'm not hungry, I'm just tired of these liquids.