Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Will definitely pray for them!! I wanted to update you all.

Thanks for the prayers! You know I finally called the surgery coordinator even though her message says not to leave a msg unless you have a letter from her. Guess what, she called me back and said I missed my presurgery appt. I am like what? She emailed it to the wrong email address!!! So my surgery date is NEXT thursday. So I only have 8 days for my liquid diet but she said that would be fine. How funny is that!!! How are you doing on your weight lost? I cant wait to get my surgery!!! I have my preop appt tomorrow so I am nervous about that ... please pray that goes well.

Hi All,

An update, I was banded aug 12 and had my first fill sep 22. I had originally posted on this sight that I was fighting with myself over whether I wanted to let anyone from my church know that I was being banded.(I was really afraid of what people might say,That I was taking the easy route,Where is my faith in God, and any other horrible negative lie the enemy could throw in my way) That was many months before my surgery in fact I struggled with it right up till the week prier to surgery. I desperately wanted to be upheld in prayer from my brothers and sisters in Christ. So I decided to go for it. I notified the prayer chain and told all the people who work in the same ministry I do. I held my breath and waited to see the reactions.You know what,I still have not received a single negative comment from anyone all I've received is a whole lot of people saying they were praying for me and encouraging me And boy did I feel covered in prayer Not only did I recover in record time but I felt like while I was under I was in the arms of my savior,When I woke up in recovery I felt like I had been visiting the Lord,I woke up thinking Father I want to stay a little longer and I (I'm sure much to the dismay of my fellow recovery room partners)Was singing praise songs while I lied there.Don't get me wrong the pain right after I woke up was outrageous but short lived.The people of my church have continued to astound me! Someone even brought a meal for my poor helpless husband during my recovery(He's lost the ability to cook now that we've been married for 24 years.)I have even talked to a couple of other heavy women in my church who are thinking about surgery but are afraid. I do feel that everyone is watching me to see how I do

(my perception not there's) But there is nothing wrong with a little accountability. Bottom line, I had to ask myself could I be happy keeping a secret that might benefit another believer who is also afraid to have a bariatric procedure done. Someone who may not know a single Christian who has gone down the same road. The answer was and still is no. I am so glad I told everyone I have been wrapped in love and support ever since. I underestimated God's people. Praise God who's mercy's are new every morning and from whom all blessings flow. All my brothers and sisters in Christ are a flowing stream of blessings!

I am so glad I found this Christian thread. I live in SE Idaho and when I told my pastor, he was less than impressed.

I feel like I am getting an operation to save me. I believe that he and others think it would be easier for me to just go on a diet.

I am scheduled to be banded on 11/12/2009. If anyone wants to pray for me, I would appreciate it.

I sure will Phosman! Your definitely in my prayers!!!!!!

I need your prayers too! I got a letter from insurance saying they were denying my inpatient status. I wasnt inpatient, and was told as long as I left the room before 24 hrs everything would be fine. I felt like I lost a couple of years of my life tonight when I got that letter. I know its just money and I can pay it back at a slow rate if I have to. I am just so upset that something like this could happen even though the drs office and hospital said I was outpatient all the way!

Please pray for me. I am a worry wart and trying to put it in Gods hands because he can do anything, I can do nothing but worry and that is not good. Thank you!

I will pray you. Thanks. How are you feeling physically?

I am still sore but everyday I am getting stronger and feeling better. I especially feel better now that I know the hospital and my surgeons office corrected the error in my paperwork. Thanks for your prayers. I will be remembering to pray for you :thumbdown: Good luck to you!

Hi all. I hope to get my band in January or February. I believe I will be going to Mexico to get it. Please pray for my strength to follow through with it and to tell the rest of my family. My cousin who had it done in April has already lost 70 lbs, so I know we will be a great support system for each other. :thumbdown:

Hi all. I hope to get my band in January or February. I believe I will be going to Mexico to get it. Please pray for my strength to follow through with it and to tell the rest of my family. My cousin who had it done in April has already lost 70 lbs, so I know we will be a great support system for each other. :scared2:

Welcome! Where in Mexico are you thinking about going? What doctor? Same one your cousin went to? Hope all goes well for you. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Thank you for the welcome! I am thinking of going to see Dr. Pompa in Tijuana. It isn't the same person my cousin used--luckily she had insurance that covered it here in the States. Dr. Pompa seems very experienced, and I have done extensive research on her and her credentials. Now I'm just excited to get things rolling!! Thank you all for your prayers. :scared2:

Thank you for the welcome! I am thinking of going to see Dr. Pompa in Tijuana. It isn't the same person my cousin used--luckily she had insurance that covered it here in the States. Dr. Pompa seems very experienced, and I have done extensive research on her and her credentials. Now I'm just excited to get things rolling!! Thank you all for your prayers. :scared2:

The only name I know of in Tijuana is Dr. Kuri. I've heard their hospitals are excellent and state of the art. Good care, too.

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up; she was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with Water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee Beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, ' Tell me what you see.'

'Carrots, eggs, and coffee,' she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hardboiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, 'What does it mean, mother?'

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling Water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee Beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

'Which are you?' she asked her daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a Fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity?

Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

12_4_38.gif 12_4_38.gif 12_4_38.gif

hello everyone! Merry christmas!!!

merry christmas!!!

Hello Everyone - just wanted to extend wishes for a Happy, Healthy New Year - I can't wait to see what awaits in 2010. Thrilled to know that I have less than 25 lbs to goal. Now just need to work on continuing to tone up the flabby spots!!

God Bless Everyone!!