Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hello Fellow Bandsters...I have been busy busy this summer!! I am now up to swimming laps 4-5 times per week for anywhere from 30 -45 minutes. That is a 50 meter lap!! I have now lost 50 lbs PRAISE THE LORD. :lol:

I am so thrilled and give Him all the Glory!! :smile2:

My band was put on May 20th and yesterday I broke down and went and bought some 18-20 sized pants. I used to wear tight a 24-26 size. I sure am learning a lot. I have had one 3cc fill and due for another on Sept 15th. I almost feel that would be all I'll need, just about tight enough.

What a process this is, but very positive and healthy. Sometimes I think it goes slow, but I remember that is "the world" talking, and is much better for me in God's timing and way.

I have had several long plateaus, then boom, lose some more. I just feel so much better and stronger. I still am trying to stick to 1000 calories per day but sure need about 70-80 grams of Protein to have the strength to carry on. That Unjury is great and Soytein when I have to use it. I have been busy canning veggies, picking blueberries, and getting ready to wind down the summer here in the North Woods. ((Hugs)) to you all and I will be praying for you all.

Love, ChristyC

Edited by ChristyC

I will be thinking and praying for you and your family during this hard time tutornmom. I got my date for surgery 9/9 at 10:30 am. Insurance still hasn't come back yet with the approval but I am waiting. I have pre op tomorrow morning and then still wait, they can take up to 30 days and that will bring me to the day before surgery, so lets hope for a good out come. Please pray for my husbands support. He really doesn't want me to do this and I feel like it is the right thing for me. There is no real comprimise in this situation, so I'm a little stuck. We will be fine, we have a strong marriage but I can feel the distance and I don't like it. Good luck to all of you. God Bless

Hi ChristyC..what a blessing your update is!!

I've been enjoying my pool also, esp now that kids are back in school. It sounds like you're really putting your daily challenges in our Lord's hands. That's all he wants from us, then faith come seasy!! Will continue to remember you and everyone in my daily prayers!! God bless.

Hi jclang,

I will be praying for peace for your husband. My husband was very apprehensive but after attending my surgery consult he really found peace with my decision. He has doubted that peace a couple of times over the past couple of days because he hates to see me sick or hurt and post-op days have had their moments but today feels like it will be much better and it is only day 4. Give it God and hang in there!

In His hands!

Tutor~

Thanks to you and your family for the many unseen and unknown sacrifices. Tell your husband I appreciate his service. These days it isn't given the honor that it is due. My husband is a SgtMajor in the Marine Corps and has been deployed 5 long periods and several short stints in our 20 year marriage. He still looks handsome in that uniform - just as he did when I was a young wife...... Trust in the Lord and He will bring you through. He doesn't give us more than we can handle. I speak from experience and a thankful heart. God Bless.

May I add my thanks and appreciation to both of your husbands and their service -- and to you who kept families going and sacrificed so much time together over the years. There are no words to express the gratitude of your nation. Just "thank you".

May God bless you and keep you safe.

Well, I am new here, but I am a Christian Bandster... been a Christian since I was six, a United Methodist pastor for 7 years (from 1991-98), a professional church media director for about 5 years (from 1999-2004), and now I own a Christian recording studio, focusing on young Christian talent.

I've been a bandster for about a month. :w00t:

Glad to be here.

Thank You JoAnn - that was unexpected. You know these men (and women) just get up everyday and do what needs to be done - regardless of the appreciation or lack thereof......with this current political climate - the thing I find myself saying everyday is "God help us!" Such wickedness and deception but God is ALWAYS GOOD.

Hello to all. I'm being banded on Tuesday, Sept 2nd and ask everyone agree in prayer with me that the surgery will go well and that the healing process will be speedy and weight loss immediate and continual.

I had my blood drawn 3 weeks ago and have had pain in that arm until today when I went up for prayer and my Pastor laid hands on me and I felt the healing power of God and my arm was healed at that moment. It does not hurt any longer, praise God! :)

Blessings!

Good morning and prayers for you all. Sorry I haven't been on much lately...just a busy couple of weeks. My oncologist really couldn't give me any definite answers. He scheduled a CT/lung for tomorrow & another appt. for Thursday.So hopefully & prayerfully I will know if my banding on 9/30 is a go or a postpone...His will always. MarilynC.

Hello everyone,

I was just banded 29 Aug. I am an Army wife. DH has served 24 years. I am grateful to God for me being able to get this band. I have already lost 20 lbs since the pre-op liquid diet and my stay in the hospital. I am looking ahead to the journey before me. I thank Jesus! I am praying for guidance and the willpower to do this right and to succeed this time. I will pray for you all that we overcome our food addictions, lack of discipline, and minds that make wrong choices. Our minds need renewing in this area. So, be encouraged and I will try to keep the progress posted.

Welcome Steve. I think we were kinda in the middle of a couple of thoughts on this thread and completely missed your first post! Very sorry about that - I don't think anyone would want to miss welcoming you. Congratulations on your banding - hope everything is going well for you. One month out - you must be close to real food after many weeks of liquids and soft stuff. I am waiting for banding - but I have my surgeon consultation this afternoon and will probably receive my date during that consultation. I am excited - talked to the coordinator this morning to get directions (how did I forget that???) and could hardly talk to her I was so excited... It has been a long process and I am so hopeful to be scheduled soon. In spite of every glitch that has happened (like happens to all of us), my Father has opened the way quickly. That is why I know this is the right solution for me.

Good luck to you, Steve. Please let us know how you are doing.