Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hello I am so glad to have found this thread. My surgery is Wed March 26th in 2 days I am a little scared. This is self pay so I am nervous about money and other things . I have been praying for the Lord's will and prayed if it was his will to let everything go smoothly and so far it has gone Great.

Please say a pray for me I am having my surgery Wed at 1:pm ET

:biggrin2::biggrin2::wink::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Be glad and rejoice for the Lord will do great things. Joel 2:21

weight.png

Band date 3/26/08

Hi from uk

i will send up some good prayers for you

you have got this far and you going for this Op is for a life changing reason

so stay strong

all the best

God Bless

R

Hello I am so glad to have found this thread. My surgery is Wed March 26th in 2 days I am a little scared. This is self pay so I am nervous about money and other things . I have been praying for the Lord's will and prayed if it was his will to let everything go smoothly and so far it has gone Great.

:biggrin2::biggrin2::wink::biggrin2::biggrin2:

weight.png

Band date 3/26/08

We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for sure on Wed.!

Thanks candy, I'm feeling better, but still without restriction. :huh2:

Wombat, when the dr did the fill she took out the Fluid to see if I had the correct amt (that's what she told me, but never said if I did or didn't). Well, I'm assuming I did. I am still exercising and I'm eating small amts. I don't seem to be losing on the scales, but I am losing inches. I have been reading how so many people are being tooooo tight and all the trouble they are having, so I guess I should be thankful that God has decided to have me go slow until I do reach that "sweet spot". :ohmy: I just want these 51#'s gone before my year (August). I felt some restriction before this last fill, so I have no idea where it went. I am going to ask for a little more next month. My dr does 6 wks between fills. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Good afternoon everybody, please know that I don't write often, but I do come in and check and I do pray for you everyday.

Be blessed,trust God and stay focused.

I had put myself on a 'losing schedule' and my brain was willing, but my body is WEAK. But, I am still losing :ohmy: - I had relatives come down for the Easter Holidays, and they wanted to go out and eat EVERY NIGHT. I was so stuffed, I was SICK of food. It was like, Please don't feed me anymore! Sunday, I had gained 5 pounds, but since then I went on liquids and soft foods, and as of this morning, had lost it again, so I go back to the doctor tomorrow. At least I am showing a change from last month!!!

2bemeagain, keep us informed of how things are going.

stepoffaith, where are you? how are you doing? haven't heard back from you since your surgery.

Lynn, hope all went well today.

Lynn, how are you doing? I too am like you. I thought of this surgery last yr but felt like I was really letting God down by not relying on Him. I prayed hard about it. My trust is in Him so I asked Him to close any doors He can to show me this is not the way to go. Well, here I am now with a band date. I go in May 13th for my band. Up until now, He has made it a smooth ride and provided the money (self-pay too). I also know He can still close the door even morning of....I'm trusting He will do just that if He wants it that way!!

I'm so glad I found this site....PTL!!!!

Hello NeverB4;

Don't worry, everything will be just fine. Gods got your back, just cast all your cares upon him. I am scheduled for surgery on 3/31 and I know he's watching over me because he promised me. Good Luck and God Bless....Talkinjack :thumbup:

Edited by talkinjack

:biggrin2::biggrin2::thumbup::biggrin2::biggrin2:

weight.png

Band date 3/26/08

Hey, Lynn..... How are you doing??

Hope all went well! Waiting for an update.

God Bless!

Thank you, talkinjack! Your kind words and share of faith mean a lot!!! I have a First Place mtg at my church tonight and this week's devotion touched on being truthfull to your friends who you know will pray for you. So I have decided to be honest and let them know of my upcoming surgery. God is so good...no, He's GREAT!!!!!

Good morning Everyone,

You are so right, NeverB4, God is great.:crying:

The board has been slow lately. I hope everyone is okay. I've been exercising, drinking my H2O and trying to eat right. I think I've lost another lb. I hope so. I'm tired of being in the 2's. If I lose another lb, then I'll be out. I was in the 1's when I was too tight and lost 5lbs in 2 days. Got a unfill, gained those back and lost 2. I still feel no restriction, but after reading some of these post about too tight, I think I'm doing okay on "will-power". God knows best. LOL

Take care everyone.

Be blessed and stay focused.

Good Morning! I could use some prayer support today. My favorite Aunt Genny died this morning & I'm feeling so bad. She's been suffering with cancer for 3 years, so it's a blessing I guess. But having a hard time with it. Can't get back east for the funeral as we're in our RV about to head north tomorrow. Worried about my Mom, too... her only sister. She's 85 1/2 and her sister was younger...says she wasn't supposed to die first. Thanks, gang.

Good Morning! I could use some prayer support today. My favorite Aunt Genny died this morning & I'm feeling so bad. She's been suffering with cancer for 3 years, so it's a blessing I guess. But having a hard time with it. Can't get back east for the funeral as we're in our RV about to head north tomorrow. Worried about my Mom, too... her only sister. She's 85 1/2 and her sister was younger...says she wasn't supposed to die first. Thanks, gang.

First, you and your family have my condolences.

{{hugs}}

I understand about wanting to be there especially for your mom and I'm truly sorry that you can't ,but I am so sure your mom understand, moms are like that.:crying: Plus, I'm sure that your aunt knew just how much you loved her. She would understand also.

I looked at your post and I saw the scripture: I CAN do all things through Christ that strenghten me.

He will and remember you aren't alone at this time. We are here for you.

I will remember you and your family in my prayers. Also, I pray that God keeps you and the family safe as you travel.

hey Phyllser, SO sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm going to share with you the best advice I have ever been given that will apply to any situation. Always remember, God is in Control.

About three years ago, my younger sister had many massive heart attacks following what was supposed to have been a routine heart surgery that she had been through before. Something went wrong, and they didnt' expect her to live. The hospital chaplain had come out to tell us that we had a hard decision to make and that my sister would probably not recover and if she did would more than likely have brain damage. I was devastated. I was upset that the chaplain had not once mentioned God, had not offered prayer, had not offered any encouragement that God could still change things or a miracle could happen. I called my pastor and spoke with his wife and she told me, "Don't ever forget that God is in Control". She offered me the encouragement that God had a plan set forth, and it was not for the doctors, the chaplain, or for me to change the way things happen, and we have comfort in knowing that God has a purpose and a reason for everything. It turned out that after a strenuous ordeal, that my sister came through just fine with no brain damage.

So, try to remember in the situation with your Aunt, that God is in control. It was her time and put your trust in the Lord and He will send comfort to you and your mother and your family.

My heart goes out for you.

Talkinjack.... thinking and praying for you today! I hope everything went well with your surgery.

Phyl, so sorry to hear about the death of your aunt. It's hard when you can't be there with family to say goodbye. Maybe you can do something special with your mom later. It can help to have some of those special times spread out over time.

I haven't been on for awhile, as not much is happening with the banding process, but very busy otherwise! But I'm still praying for you all (and myself!):) I've been reading the different posts to keep getting more information for when my surgery time comes around. I've had a lot of ups and downs with scheduling, but it seems most people have that too. I'll post it when I get a surgery date. I'm looking forward to hearing from Lynn and Talkinjack to hear how their surgeries went!

And for those of you who are enjoying spring weather, just know that we've gotten 2 more inches of snow here in Northern Minnesota today! I think it's our early April Fools joke!!

God is good all the time.....