Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Praises to God, How is everyone? Boy, we had some pretty nasty weather here in Texas yesterday. Hail, wind and rain. We were so blessed because we didn't get what I heard on the news that other states got.

How are you Joyross? Hope that you are up and bouncing around, lol

Be blessed all. It's cold here today, yesterday and Monday, we (rather, they) were in sandals and capri's. Today, boots and coats.

Hi 2bmeagain, things in my neck of the woods are better today. Not so hungry, able to feel less sore. The weather has been rough for the midwest these last few days and I'm glad your safe. Mostly today I'm praising the Lord for being my Savior. God is more than able to walk us through our lives, and I thank him for that...

Glad to hear that things are going good for you, Joyross. Yes, I praise God that he kept us safe.

It's pretty quiet in here today, everyone must be busy. I find that when I keep busy, I eat much less. Sometimes I hate to go home cause I know once I get there I will just eat. I hope that I can get a little more restriction soooooon. LOL

Stay focus everyone :biggrin:

Yes, more restriction DOES help. I just basically looked at my lunch today and got full. I just hope it sticks with me this time. I seem to be hungrier though at night and have to resist the urge to go and munch. I've been eating key lime pie yogurt from yoplait. It is a pretty good dessert.

Hello everyone and Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Just wanted to check in and say HEllo to newbies and send my compassion to JoyRose as you go through the liquid/pureed stage. I am a salt craver and what helped me was eating or sipping the hot/sour chinese Soup. As a matter of fact, anytime I'd have something warm, it would sooth my hunger pain. As far as the head hunger, I had to go to another room when my family would eat. I prayed and focus on the renewing of my body. I found this site about 3 weeks post op but so glad I did. Take care and stay focused. You'll make it through. God bless.

Hi All

I'm so glad to hear how God is working in your lives. I hope all the new banders stay strong and let God work in their lives and let Him walk with them on their road to good health. God is working in my life and when I feel He is not there I remember what He said "I will not forsake you or leave you alone" Thank you God for loving me when I didn't love myself.

God Bless all of you kept your eyes on the goal to good health.

ladyroz

Just checking in to say I hope everyone is well and staying focus.

candy, if only I could look at my Breakfast, lunch and dinner and feel FULL. LOL

I saw my uncle do something one weekend. He prayed over his medicine. I never thought to do that. God has provided man the ability, knowledge and wisdom to manufactor medicine to help us and still trusting God for the healing. I know that we pray over our food but, why not the medicine. I even ask God to help make me realize I AM full with the small amt I eat, now if I can get him to do something with my head to stop thinking that we aren't. LOL

Well, just thought I'd give you all a shout out. Be blessed.

Hello all :)

I'm trying to wean myself off of being on here so much!! It has become an interference that I needed some "pruning" of.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Praise God Joyross that you are doing better!! I know the beginning is tough. Getting fills starts to show the light at the end when we can feel full again!!

Hugs & Prayers,

wombat

I understand Wombat..... I have been trying to do the same thing. I do check in once or twice a day.

You are in our thoughts and prayers as well.

Hello all,

I agree this site is addictive!! I am learning so much and get such encouragement!! Just wanted to say hello and thank all of you!!

jaunderwood

Hello, everyone. :regular_smile: I'm brand new to this site and this is my very first post. I've been reading threads from many different areas of this site for a couple of weeks now. I was really excited to see an area for Christians.

As you all know, doing something as drastic as having bariatric surgery is a very difficult and complicated decision. Along with so many other things to consider, I too have struggled with the questions of whether or not the Lord would approve of this action. It relieved me greatly to see that many others have struggled with the same doubts and fears. As I read through the earliest messages posted in this thread, I read many things that gave me peace about this decision. Thank you for sharing.

I attended the informational seminar on January 12. Since then I have had my psych eval, completed the computer program (Emmi) my surgeon required, had my initial consultation, and secured financing in the form of a home equity loan. The doors have opened one after the other which has given me even more peace about this decision. :tt1: My file has now been passed on to the scheduling and I should know my surgery date by middle of next week. It looks like surgery will be the last week of February or the first week of March.

Of all the stages in this whole process, I'm the most worried about the pre-op liquid diet. Isn't that funny! :blushing:

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Hello, everyone. :regular_smile: I'm brand new to this site and this is my very first post. I've been reading threads from many different areas of this site for a couple of weeks now. I was really excited to see an area for Christians.

As you all know, doing something as drastic as having bariatric surgery is a very difficult and complicated decision. Along with so many other things to consider, I too have struggled with the questions of whether or not the Lord would approve of this action. It relieved me greatly to see that many others have struggled with the same doubts and fears. As I read through the earliest messages posted in this thread, I read many things that gave me peace about this decision. Thank you for sharing.

I attended the informational seminar on January 12. Since then I have had my psych eval, completed the computer program (Emmi) my surgeon required, had my initial consultation, and secured financing in the form of a home equity loan. The doors have opened one after the other which has given me even more peace about this decision. :tt1: My file has now been passed on to the scheduling and I should know my surgery date by middle of next week. It looks like surgery will be the last week of February or the first week of March.

Of all the stages in this whole process, I'm the most worried about the pre-op liquid diet. Isn't that funny! :blushing:

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

23_3_36.gif

You've come to the right place!! This whole LBT site is packed with info, support, encouragement. And this Christian thread is GREAT!!

Don't worry about the different phases, liquid diet, etc. You'll get through them... with a little help from your friends, as they say! There will be some tough places to walk through, but it'll be worth it.

23_1_9.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNfox000

Welcome 4giveN!!!! God's hand is at work opening the doors for you!

We are all here for you when you go through the pre-op diet, the post-op diet and before your good restriction times :regular_smile: We've all been there and maybe we can't always help but we can always pray and listen!!!

Jaunderwood - good to hear from you!! How are you doing waiting on surgery? Are you required to do a pre-op diet?

Hugs & Prayers

wombat

Hey 4giveN, nice to have you with us, and once you get started on the liquid phase it isn't so bad. It's more fear leading up to it than going through it. And, Jaunderwood, good to hear you're on your way too! And, YES, this site is addictive!