Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I lead worship in my church and yesterday prior to worship, I asked everyone to tell what they are thankful for. So I think that we should continue with what Wombat712 started. What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for my salvation, for my family & friends, for my business and now for this wonderful lapband that will finally aid as a tool in my ability to lose weight and gain control over food.

Tag your it!

"Jesus, as we enter Thanksgiving week help each and everyone of us who struggle with food to have control over our ability to make good choices. If it is particularly harder for some than others I ask you to provide strength for the weary. May we remember that you are the reason we Celebrate Thanksgiving. We give thanks for all that you have given us." Amen

I'm Thankful for my God, my family, church, great friends... and of course my band. Praying all of you have a GREAT Thanksgiving... God Bless

I'm thankful that God blessed me with two beautiful daughters.

I am thankful that my Mother is healthy and lives right around the corner.

I am thankful for the roof over my head and the food in my cupboards.

I am thankful for my car.

I am thankful for my job.

I am blessed beyond belief!

Most of all I thank God for choosing me to be one of his saints! I don't know why he picked me...but I love him for it!

Blessings, Weazer

I couldn't even put a dent in what I'm thankful for.

An incredible husband and an amazing marriage.

Two beautiful, healthy daughters.

The ability to homeschool.

Living in the USA and specifically in temperate California.

Supportive parents, in-laws, extended family, and friends.

The freedom to travel.

Abundant material blessings.

But most of all, the personal relationship with Jesus.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, everyone!

gadget,

I homeschool as well. We love it. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for the adoption of our son going through, and for our foster son, Shawn. I am thankful for boys!! I have an amazing husband and boys who are 8, 1, and 1 month. God is so good!!

Such a blessing that must be to homeschool. I couldn't afford to not work to do that with my children. My kids are wonderful and have always been well behaved so I know that it would have been a wonderful experience.

My sister's children - not so much; out of control; don't listen etc. You couldn't PAY me enough to try and home school them, lol.

I pray God's Blessings be poured out on each of us this day and tomorrow.

Geneva <><

I was praying in the middle of night (I couldn't sleep, the stomach was upset a little) for this thread and all you Christian Bandsters. In my prayer, I felt lead to come on each day and pray for us. If you don't mind.

Scripture for the day: Romans 5:1 (The Message)

"By entering through faith into what God has always wanted to do for us-set us right with him, we have it all together with God because of our Master Jesus."

Dear Jesus, we have faith in you to help us to do what is right in all aspects of our life; including overcoming our addiction to food. Thank you for the tool (the Band) for aiding us in the accomplishment. Thank you that we have it all together because of you. Help us today to focus on you and what your purpose is for our lives. Amen.

Have a wonderful day everyone and know that you are prayered for (in the middle of the night no less).

Cindy

Cindy!

Thank you for the beautiful prayer and for praying for us as you do. I can't tell you how blessed it makes me feel. I loved the verse you sent. Praise God, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

THANK YOU GOD FOR ALL THE MANY BLESSING THAT YOU HAVE BESTOWED ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF US!

Blessings, Weazer

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Scripture of the Day:

Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." NIV

For all who are struggling with this one meal, I pray. Lord, you see our weaknesses, you see how hard we struggle but we take the scripture for today and apply it to our hearts. Thank you for strengthening us when we are weak.

I love the words to this song and thought it might be a good song for today in particular.

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

Give thanks with a grateful heart

Give thanks to the holy one

Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son

Now let the weak say I am strong

Let poor say I am rich

Because of what the Lord has done for us.

Give Thanks!

God Bless everyone have a wonderful day.

Cindy

My prayer is the everyone was able to overcome yesterday. We are overcomers through the Jesus Christ.

Scripture of the Day:

Romans 8:28-30 (The Message)

"God knew what He was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of His Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity He restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in Him. After God made that decision of what His children should be like, He followed it up by calling His people by name, He set them on a solid basis with Himself. And then, after getting them established, He stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what He had begun."

Lord, you know the very hairs on our head, you called us by name. How then can we not put our trust in you to help us. Thank you that you set us on a solid basis with you and through you can do anything. Be with all my "Bandster" friends today and help them through whatever struggles they may have to endure today.

God bless everyone! I haven't seen much action on this thread...where is everyone?

Holly - those were beautiful prayers!!

I made it through Thanksgiving. I was barely able to eat all of that mountainous of food that I prepared. I was so greatful. It took me almost 30 minutes to eat a small portion of each of my favorites. I feel stronger knowing the food doesn't have the hold on me that it used to!!

Thanks so much for your prayers! I pray God's blessings to be poured out on each and every one of us today!

Geneva <><

Hi everyone. It is such a blessing to have seen this group of Christian Bandsters.

My sister and I are having lap band surgery on November 30th. Please pray for a safe and successful surgery for us.

I look forward so much to be able to do more in terms of reaching out to others and sharing God's word and doing God's work if I am healthy. And God willing, my sister and I are on our way to that goal.