Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. I'm 8 days post op and completely lost my mind today. Not only did I overeat but I ate foods that are not included in my current stage one liquid only phase. Has this happened to anyone? What are the consequences? What should I do? Any advice is sincerely appreciated!

Definitely back on track starting tomorrow. So hard with little ones. Temptation is constant but you are right--I don't want to get really sick. My risky behavior is unacceptable. Thanks!

Definitely back on track starting tomorrow. So hard with little ones. Temptation is constant but you are right--I don't want to get really sick. My risky behavior is unacceptable. Thanks!

Remember you are not alone in your struggle with food. If you feel the need to snack or eat what you shouldn't, reach out here and someone will be here to help. We've all been where you are and know it's hard. Keep your head up and remember everything you've had to do to get you where you are now. You can do this!

Remember you are not alone in your struggle with food. If you feel the need to snack or eat what you shouldn't, reach out here and someone will be here to help. We've all been where you are and know it's hard. Keep your head up and remember everything you've had to do to get you where you are now. You can do this!

Can't thank you enough for the vote of confidence and positivity! Much needed.

Ok, here's my opinion on that. The first two weeks are horribly restrictive because you are healing. I'm not lecturing you on this but it is important to follow the plan while your at your restrictive best.

I stuck to the script for 3 weeks and rocked the plan. Once I "cheated" the plan with a bit of popcorn I was all worried about what I may have done to myself. Thankfully there were no consequences to my health and safety. But it did do something. It made me realize I could cheat and not die. After that day I had to make a decision with the understanding that I can eat what I want...but should I? Fear kept me on plan but my cheat made me bold.

Now that I am 4 months out I can eat whatever I want. Those early weeks of necessary self control helped to condition me to stick with it.

Many people use that first slip up as a green light to eating. Don't let that happen. Protein is important to your healing, energy, and weight loss so make it a priority. Also, it helps to keep your hair.< br>
Take advantage of this time of your best restriction.

Take care.

Ok, here's my opinion on that. The first two weeks are horribly restrictive because you are healing. I'm not lecturing you on this but it is important to follow the plan while your at your restrictive best.

I stuck to the script for 3 weeks and rocked the plan. Once I "cheated" the plan with a bit of popcorn I was all worried about what I may have done to myself. Thankfully there were no consequences to my health and safety. But it did do something. It made me realize I could cheat and not die. After that day I had to make a decision with the understanding that I can eat what I want...but should I? Fear kept me on plan but my cheat made me bold.

Now that I am 4 months out I can eat whatever I want. Those early weeks of necessary self control helped to condition me to stick with it.

Many people use that first slip up as a green light to eating. Don't let that happen. Protein is important to your healing, energy, and weight loss so make it a priority. Also, it helps to keep your hair.< br>
Take advantage of this time of your best restriction.

Take care.

Fear is a very strong emotion and I am clutching it. It was fear of disease that encouraged the surgery; now fear of failure that will stop me from making more bad choices. Thanks for this. Very helpful indeed.

We all make mistakes but I think you learned from it. Having little ones is how I started gaining weight because I made yummy things for the tummy and I never corrected my eating habits so now it's about willpower and asking for advice from support groups like this because we all don't have people that surround us that are supportive

We all make mistakes but I think you learned from it. Having little ones is how I started gaining weight because I made yummy things for the tummy and I never corrected my eating habits so now it's about willpower and asking for advice from support groups like this because we all don't have people that surround us that are supportive

Absolutely. You are so right. I have virtually no support at all--single mom, etc. But this is not the time for pity party. Lesson learned and onward bound! Typing this as I walk in the park. Brand new day, brand new page, brand new opportunity to succeed! Thanks!

Get back on track today!! The whole "I'll start tomorrow" thing is dangerous, for me anyway.

Good for you getting back on track so soon. You can do this!!