Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost six weeks out. I wouldn't say I regret it but I do hate the nausea and weakness that comes with it. I had pretty bad Migraines before I got the surgery and now I only get them once or twice out of the whole month.

Everything else about the surgery is an added bonus although I'm still having trouble getting all of my liquids and Protein in.

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 197
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

So sorry you have migraines! I'm using an app called Baritastic to log all my liquids, food, Vitamins, exercise, etc. I love it because it really keeps me on track!

Sent from my SM-N915V using BariatricPal mobile app

So sorry you have migraines! I'm using an app called Baritastic to log all my liquids, food, Vitamins, exercise, etc. I love it because it really keeps me on track!

I use the same app. It is a good one. [emoji846]

----------------------------

HW- 273
Pre-op Wt- 230
SW- 226
CW- 197
GW- 130
Ht- 5'2.5"
DOS- April 26th, 2017

"Only those who try will become." ~FFX

I was tired and it was late. I didn't mention I'm also disabled. I let a lot things not get too me and tend to push myself hard to be equal to better than others. My closest friends know my disability and medical history.

Almost everyone knows I had the surgery however. When I explain that it was because my docs chose that course of action for me to help treat my heart condition they take it better than the presumed vanity of "I want to be skinny".

I don't care what they privately think. I had once person I had to distance myself from after she made hurtful comments to me over the surgery. The sad thing is her doc has suggested she do a consult as well because she is a type 2 diabetic now. But she won't go. I even I offered to go with her. Nope. Oh well. Not my circus. Not my problem.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

It's been much harder than I expected and I have had regrets. But I am very type A and want to have control over things and I can't control this and that's making it harder. I had surgery one month ago and I'm down 23 lbs post op, which I'm happy about. But it's been really challenging with the nausea, learning how to eat at events, and the weakness. I know it will pass so I'm just keeping my eye on the prize.

I was tired and it was late. I didn't mention I'm also disabled. I let a lot things not get too me and tend to push myself hard to be equal to better than others. My closest friends know my disability and medical history.

Almost everyone knows I had the surgery however. When I explain that it was because my docs chose that course of action for me to help treat my heart condition they take it better than the presumed vanity of "I want to be skinny".

I don't care what they privately think. I had once person I had to distance myself from after she made hurtful comments to me over the surgery. The sad thing is her doc has suggested she do a consult as well because she is a type 2 diabetic now. But she won't go. I even I offered to go with her. Nope. Oh well. Not my circus. Not my problem.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Don't make other people's issues your problem. You are wise to stay away from toxic people!

I am - sick all of the timw - nothing taste the same - I hate it

I was really scared going in, but seven weeks out, I do not regret my choice at all. At first, I thought I wanted the sleeve, too. My doctor made my choice for me, basically, and now I'm glad he did. He knew best. I see so many who are having their sleeve revised to RNY because it no longer works properly, or they didn't lose, quit losing, or gained weight back.
I had a lap band for 7 years that did not work and had to be removed in an emergency surgery. I'm lucky to be alive.
Wish I had done the RNY back then instead of the band. That is my only regret.

I was really scared going in, but seven weeks out, I do not regret my choice at all. At first, I thought I wanted the sleeve, too. My doctor made my choice for me, basically, and now I'm glad he did. He knew best. I see so many who are having their sleeve revised to RNY because it no longer works properly, or they didn't lose, quit losing, or gained weight back.
I had a lap band for 7 years that did not work and had to be removed in an emergency surgery. I'm lucky to be alive.
Wish I had done the RNY back then instead of the band. That is my only regret.

My 6 1/2 yo Lapband is coming out and revised to RNY July 5th. It caused many serious problems. I wanted the sleeve too but because of GERD, he said the RNY would be better for me. I am also getting negative comments regarding the surgery. I am at the "very nervous" stage! I hope I am as happy as you post surgery! I'm happy to read positive outcomes!

Please ignore the negative comments. I know how people are. They don't understand what we deal with. That is why I told NO ONE. I made sure my husband did not tell anyone either. He told a few people I had to have my gallbladder removed. I also have not lost enough yet for people to notice any dramatic change, so when I go home in a few weeks, it won't be a big deal. Some will notice I've "dropped a few pounds." Most won't even notice that. It seems normal to be nervous about this surgery. It is a serious surgery and it is a life-altering decision. Really a good one, though. The first couple of weeks after can be rough, but it really does get easier. One step at a time.

This is a good thread.

The games my mind has played on me is substantial. Remember, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes, and I'm betting that the life you've led prior to this has allowed you to beat yourself up on a regular basis. I'm 7 weeks out of full bypass and it's been much more difficult than I anticipated. First, I have had complications that only added to the stress but I can say that Ive had serious regrets over the last 7 weeks. Some of us out here seem to breeze through the surgery and have very few problems. Others have significant problems. The weakness, the nausea, the inability to eat, drink, swallow, taste, the mood swings, the headaches, sleeping in recliners... on an on. This has been terribly difficult but now, 7 weeks out I can finally say that it's getting better. Sure i've lost 38 pounds, but during the really rough times, that's so far down the list of things I cared about. This process isn't easy, it's definitely not the easy way out. It's life altering and we have to take it slow and make it a personal journey that we must work through without the negativity the world can sometimes throw at us. One day at a time!

My 6 1/2 yo Lapband is coming out and revised to RNY July 5th. It caused many serious problems. I wanted the sleeve too but because of GERD, he said the RNY would be better for me. I am also getting negative comments regarding the surgery. I am at the "very nervous" stage! I hope I am as happy as you post surgery! I'm happy to read positive outcomes!

Sending good thoughts to you for your surgery today. Hope everything went well![emoji3]

This is a good thread.
The games my mind has played on me is substantial. Remember, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes, and I'm betting that the life you've led prior to this has allowed you to beat yourself up on a regular basis. I'm 7 weeks out of full bypass and it's been much more difficult than I anticipated. First, I have had complications that only added to the stress but I can say that Ive had serious regrets over the last 7 weeks. Some of us out here seem to breeze through the surgery and have very few problems. Others have significant problems. The weakness, the nausea, the inability to eat, drink, swallow, taste, the mood swings, the headaches, sleeping in recliners... on an on. This has been terribly difficult but now, 7 weeks out I can finally say that it's getting better. Sure i've lost 38 pounds, but during the really rough times, that's so far down the list of things I cared about. This process isn't easy, it's definitely not the easy way out. It's life altering and we have to take it slow and make it a personal journey that we must work through without the negativity the world can sometimes throw at us. One day at a time!

I am 7 weeks out yesterday. Today I saw the PA at my surgeon's office for my 2 month visit. Having lost 40 lbs, I'm now seeing some changes, but they're subtle. Most people say I look rested or good because I changed my hair. Even though I still have some occasional nausea, I'm able to get my Protein and fluids in. I have more energy than before the surgery, too! I have not told many people about my RNY, I just tell them I had hernia surgery which is the (partial!) truth. My surgeon repaired a hiatal and ventral hernia along with my bypass.

that's exactly what I told people too. That I had hernia repair, simply because it's the truth. I've had a few people notice and it feels good. I wish I didn't have the stalls though.