Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I Go (My Journey Thus Far)

Day 8. Spent all day touring Penn State. I was beat, the campus is huge. I even had to run for the bus at one point. Hurt a little but I made it. I actually felt normal that is until it was time to eat. Running on Protein Shakes and Water isn't the best way to get energy. While my family refueled on meat and carbs, I sat and drank my Protein Shake and water. Ugh. Well I know I drank a ton of water today and got my 2 Protein shakes in, walked a lot so plenty of exercise. I guess that's something...

Hang in there. This is the hardest time. It gets better.

13 hours ago, gwbicster said:

Hang in there. This is the hardest time. It gets better.

Thank you i'm trying.

So far today I've been to the bathroom 4 times. Luckily from reading the boards I know this is somewhat normal otherwise I'd be freaking out right about now. I'm glad it happened on a non-work day and hope it passes quickly.

Don't know if it's related or not but I was able to drink my first Protein Shake today rather quickly. I was done with it in under 10 mins whereas normally I'll sip on it throughout the day til lunch time.

Day 9 done. Stopped going to bathroom after 4th time so that's good. Tried to get in extra Water so I wouldn't be dehydrated.

Son wanted popcorn and then after it was made took 2 pieces. Now it's just in a bowl looking at me. How I wish I could have some. Ugh

Day 10. So I'm upstairs while the family is downstairs eating Breakfast. I know I shouldn't isolate myself but i just couldn't take it anymore. They're having pancakes eggs and bacon while I'm sipping on Protein Shake.

I have to cook dinner for them a dinner I can't even eat. Sigh.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:01 PM, Litecaramel said:

So far today I've been to the bathroom 4 times. Luckily from reading the boards I know this is somewhat normal otherwise I'd be freaking out right about now. I'm glad it happened on a non-work day and hope it passes quickly.

Don't know if it's related or not but I was able to drink my first Protein shake today rather quickly. I was done with it in under 10 mins whereas normally I'll sip on it throughout the day til lunch time.

This may explain why you were in the bathroom a lot. Drinking a shake too quickly was something that caused a similar problem for me. I would still drink them a little slower.

This may explain why you were in the bathroom a lot. Drinking a shake too quickly was something that caused a similar problem for me. I would still drink them a little slower.

Yeah I took it a lot slower today and haven't had any issues. Lesson learned. Even if you can do it doesn't mean you should.

So I'm currently at my one week appt. a little late since technically it should've happened on Thursday. Current weight 215.5

Hmm so maybe I didn't read the weight on the scale right when they sent me in for surgery. I thought it said 220. When I went today to the dr. a week and a half later my weight is 215.5 and the nutritionist said I lost 20lbs. So dunno but in any event I've lost weight so yay!

Unfortunately I'm on liquids for another week soooo Protein Shakes & Water it remains, week 3 is when I get to move to soft foods. I can have yogurt and cottage cheese and oatmeal though so maybe I'll try those even though I don't like cottage cheese.

I asked about exercising and was told anything that uses my core is out for another 3 weeks but I can do bicycling and other non-core activities. Think I'll stick to walking (outside and on treadmill for now).

All in all everything looked good, I'm healing nicely.

So it's been a very rough last week emotionally for me. First my fiance breaks up with me, then my dad ends up in the hospital and needs to have brain surgery. Sigh. I can't eat or drink anything but these stupid shakes and Water. I did have lobster bisque while up at the hospital. It was completely strained. I made sure to go slow and it was delicious. Sunday I was at the mall and I stopped at a smoothie shop and had a banana Protein smoothie. It's basically banana, rice milk, & protein, & ice blended together. I figured since I'm moving to soft foods this week (Wednesday) I should try to test myself with something other than Premier Protein and water. I actually tolerated it better than I do the premier Protein Shakes.

Every day I feel better and better physically. I can bend down and put on my own sneakers and I mistakenly picked up my son 2x last week. I don't want to do that though since I don't know what's going on inside and my Dr. warned me that lifting heavy objects at this stage can cause a hernia.

Last week was bad for getting my water & protein in. I think I had like one Protein Shake and maybe a few oz. of water one day so I need to get back on track with that this week. More water is my goal.

Panera bread is evil. They just sent me an email saying they're giving me a free bagel every day this month. Evil!

So it's finally almost here. Tomorrow I transition to soft foods. Only problem is I drank a Protein Shake tonight that made me feel sick. Now I'm nervous about eating real food. Ugh.