Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I Go (My Journey Thus Far)

Did a 30 min walk on treadmill. It was a little rough. Kept feeling my energy drained but I kept on and pulled through. Drank 1/2 Protein Shake more and about 2 oz of Water. Still struggling due to my throat.

Day 2. Drank the other 1/2 Protein Shake from yesterday. Now tackling some Water and Vitamins. This wouldn't really be so bad if it wasn't for my throats hurting so bad. My stomach is sore but bearable nothing like my previous 2 csection pains.

Day 2 done. Drank 2 and half Protein Shakes. 40 oz Water and a cup of beef broth. Also walked for 30 mins. Didn't take any pain medicine today. Throat still hurts and tummy is sore but manageable. As of now I feel like I'll be ok going to work on Monday. We'll see how I do tomorrow though.

Day 2 done. Drank 2 and half Protein Shakes. 40 oz Water and a cup of beef broth. Also walked for 30 mins. Didn't take any pain medicine today. Throat still hurts and tummy is sore but manageable. As of now I feel like I'll be ok going to work on Monday. We'll see how I do tomorrow though.

You made it through! Congrats! One day at a time!

Thanks for all the congrats and encouragement!
Day 3 is full underway. Today my throats is only slightly sore more of an annoyance than anything else. Tummy is sore as well again more of an annoyance. I am getting sharp pains sporadically in my stomach which I'm attributing to gas.

So far I've had 1 and a half Protein Shakes and 40oz of Water. No pain medicine and I think I'm gonna toss the rest now.

I do feel like low energy like my energy is drained. Did my 30 min walk on treadmill though.

Also today is the first day I've felt the water and Protein Shake traveling down my throat to my stomach. I also noticed if I take too big a gulp that it irritates me for a few seconds. So small sips are the way to go.

I've been told today that it looks like my stomach has already went down. Not to sure about that but whatever could be cause of the gas leaving and not being bloated.

I am going to work tomorrow though and since I'm no longer on meds I may attempt to drive in later on this week.

Day 3 done. 2 Protein Shakes and 40 oz of Water. 30 mins on treadmill and a 20 min walk outside. Tomorrow I go to work so we'll see what happens.

Day 4 and my first official day back to work. So yeah it was a little rough going but I made it. Had 1 Protein Shake and about 28oz of Water so far but it was slow going. I think up til noon I only had like 2 oz water. It's just really rough drinking now. My throat is fine but now I just feel like this pain in my stomach and chest when I drink. I know it means I have to take smaller sips but it's like Dag how much smaller do I have to go. Then if I do take too big a sip it's like I can feel it bubbling in my stomach. Ugh. So yeah not loving this. I hope this goes away and if not I hope it becomes ignorable.

Sitting in my office chair I have to consciously remember to lean back because if I sit up then there's pressure on my belly button where one of the incisions is. So yeah my belly button is pretty sore today.

I did a 30min walk outside today which was nice. I pushed myself today because I feel like there has to be a balance you can't be too comfortable and you can't go overboard but if you push yourself you'll heal faster.

Oh in TMI news I also had my second bm since the surgery today. Which actually was surprising since I've only had Protein Shakes and water for almost a week now.

Also in weird news: I miss food but I don't want to eat if that makes sense. My family had salmon for dinner yesterday which looked delicious and I was like mmm I want some but no I don't because I knew the feeling that I'd get if I attempted would probably do me in.

I also mistakenly thought the liquid diet was for one week but when I reread my instructions realize they are for 2 weeks so that stinks.

Finally because I'm going out of town I had to reschedule my one week followup appt for 2 weeks. Ahh well.

Ok so this is going to be TMI but if I can save another female from being caught off guard it's worth it:

So day after I returned home from surgery I noticed I was spotting. Didn't think much of it because I just had my cycle a week prior to surgery. Fast forward to today and it's full blown. So to say I am completely off schedule is an understatement.

Also 2x in a month with just a week off in between sucks (excuse the language)

I too have had a surprise cycle in the info from the hospital it did suggest packing sanitary towels. It appear to be pretty common to have a disrupted cycle. For me having the coil and being 50 it was indeed a surprise.

Smack dab in the middle of day 5 and already doing much better. I can tolerate more Water. So far I've drank about 32oz of water and 1 Protein Shake. I'm actually tolerating the water better than the Protein shake. I can take bigger sips without it hurting. Not huge or anywhere close to what I could do presurgery but not the baby sips either. So for that I'm grateful.

I too have had a surprise cycle in the info from the hospital it did suggest packing sanitary towels. It appear to be pretty common to have a disrupted cycle. For me having the coil and being 50 it was indeed a surprise.

I would have cried.

Day 5 done. 2 Protein Shakes and I think i made it to 64oz of Water if not i came real close.

Day 6. I was starving! So I finished my first Protein Shake by noon. I also finished about 32oz of Water by 2pm. I had another Protein shake on hand but I didn't remember to grab it while I went from meeting to meeting and eventually made it home. Not to mention I had to get food for my child today. I ended up getting him burger king, I wanted a burger king fry so bad and I don't even like burger king fries! In fact I think they're nasty. Finally made it home to my protein shake and I'm feeling better but whoo that was rough. I also miss food. Like I just want to taste something. I've been thinking about cheese and how I just want a little cheese so bad. I want all types of food, chicken, cheese, pizza, sushi, everything. The only thing that stops me is the knowledge that I'm not ready and the pain would probably kill me.

I can take decent sized sips of water now and I'm grateful for that. I drove for the first time today. I was a little sore in my belly button for having to sit in that position for so long but it was tolerable. All in all I feel I'm doing pretty good healing wise.

Day 7 has been a day of regret for me. I did a road trip with family. While they have Snacks and treats along the way I have my shake and Water. They stopped at McDonald's to eat and I just pulled out my shake. Now they're out getting pizza while im finishing up my water in the hotel room. I wish I could have just a little. Or even something so I could join them. I wish I could have been satisfied with myself as I was so that I didn't do this drastic surgery. It's only week one and I regret doing this already man.

I just wish I could have something other than these liquids man. Ugh. Hope this feeling goes away.