Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I Go (My Journey Thus Far)

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Speedy recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Finally got up and walked at 7pm to the bathroom to pee. Weird thing is that pee wasn't one continuous stream rather it would start then stop for few seconds then go again. Happened about 3 times. I knew I wasn't done cause I still felt that need to urinate feeling but that's how it came out.

Also getting up and walking felt my first bout of nausea. And let me tell you it does not feel good. Nurse went to check to see if I could have nausea medicine but I fell asleep again so not sure what happened.

Still keep falling asleep. Falling asleep while writing this. Also iv being in bend in arm is really annoying. Every time I bend arm machine beeps. Can't even type on phone with both hands cause of it. Sigh.

Yes I had same problem
With IV machine - you won't be on it for long - but it does case lack of sleep ( for the whole ward)
I was on anti sickness meds and a drip-
Relax - it's getting better even if it feels worse

I done hit nurses button 3 times at 11pm and ain't no one come. Either these buttons not working or I'm being ignored. Finally guy came by cause he saw light on as he was walking by. Told him I needed to use bathroom and he helped me. I chalked it up to maybe there was a shift change.

So once again at 12:30am hit button. Took 3 mins for someone to answer and I told them I needed to go to bathroom. 5 mins later had to call again when no one showed up. Second time girl came right away but still... Am I being unreasonable in thinking that was a long time 1) to get an initial response and 2) for someone to show up

Don't get me wrong the nurse and her asst are nice. Very polite. Just this response time got me concerned

It's 2am. I just got my second dose of anti-nausea medicine. Let me tell you the wait to 2am was a struggle. U tried going to sleep but around 1am I was just counting the mins. Now just waits big for it to kick in.

Well the nurse came in to give me more pain medicine so I took the opportunity to get up and walk. She said she trusted me to walk on my own since she saw me walk to bathroom. I started my walk at 3:15am and was back in my room at 3:20. I did the whole floor in that time. It honestly felt like nothing. With one caveat, I do not feel good and haven't since receiving Zoloft. It's like it had the opposite effect. Also. My throat is killing me again not sure what that's about. But yeah my chest hurts also my tummy but that may be because I've had nothing to eat since 1pm Tuesday and nothing to drink since 11:40pm Tuesday. And only Water today until midnight.

4:30am did another walk around the floor. Walking feels regular to me. Just chest is in pain and now I'm feeling soreness in tummy. I haven't released any gas either.

Sounds like you are not being given the right pain meds - I felt no pain in hospital- I was given a pain patch as I am allergic to co- codamol - the patch lasts 7 days and with a drip of paracetamol and also eventually soluble paracetamol I was happy.

How long was your surgery? Your throat hurts because of the breathing tube that was placed by the anesthesiologist. This will go away in a day or so. It may also take you a couple of days to pass gas. The soreness in your abdominal and chest area is probably from the gas that was pumped in during surgery. It takes a few days for this to be absorbed. It's good that you are up, walking, and have peed early. Walking will help mobilize the pumped in gas and also help your bowels to release gas.

Surgery - RNY GBP
Surgery Date - 5/16/2017
HW - 368
SW - 352
GW - 150

Sent from my Note Edge

I attempted to do 3 laps around the 3rd floor. I was 2 and half laps in when I started feeling really nauseous. Had to go back to my room. Dry heaved and threw up little bit of Water in sink. Now I feel bad. Nurse offered Zoloft but yesterday it made me feel worse so I declined. Still now may be the time to take it as I am not feeling any better.

I'm probably not going to type much today. Im in so much pain. Just one note I'm in the waiting area for my upper gi test and all the patients have the same look of misery on their faces.

Ok learn from my mistake. Ask for pain medicine! She was giving me antibiotics with Tylenol which she said would also help with pain. Yesterday since I was still on anesthesia I thought that would be enough. It's not. There's separate pain medicine they can give you. The good stuff. Man I feel so much better. At one point the pain was so much I was crying. And I didn't have to be.

Thanks for sharing. I'm loving hearing about your journey.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

liquids are here! Image1499960769.240204.jpg

So I just started crying as I was talking to the nurses. Ugh such a wuss I am. But once again push button and 5 mins later still waiting for someone to answer. Finally when they came in I explained what had been happening and my frustration. They apologized. Of course I know it's not their fault. All the nurses and everyone I've met is nice just something happens and I get forgotten. At least that's what it feels like. Can't wait to get out. Liquids just arrived. Wish me luck.