Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much you can eat ?

Hello all, I was just curious to know how much everyone can eat after 3 months post op. I had surgery about 3 months ago and I feel like I can definitely eat "more" than before, I dunno if that's normal or not. For example, I could eat only 1 egg, now I can eat 1 egg and 2 chicken sausage links.

I can tell my restriction has lessened afternoon two months. I can take few gulps of Water now.

That is healing, congrats.

That seems pretty normal.

I have no idea what size the chicken sausage links are though. The ones at Trader Joes and Sam's are bigger than hot dogs.

How many ounces/grams are you eating at once? And how long does it take you to eat it.

2 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

That is healing, congrats.

That seems pretty normal.

I have no idea what size the chicken sausage links are though. The ones at Trader Joes and Sam's are bigger than hot dogs.

How many ounces/grams are you eating at once? And how long does it take you to eat it.

The chicken sausage is about maybe 3 inches long, not very big. They are those Applegate chicken sausages. As far as grams at once, I could eat about 128 grams at once.

1 minute ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

Seems totally normal to me.

Woosh! Thanks! I thought something wasn't right, haha!

Yeah i can have 2 scrambled eggs 2 sausage also and im 3 months out.. i had pizza and baked wings for my 1 day splurge day a month.. i ate a whole thick piece and 5 wings easily

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

idaZVOv.png

I'm almost 2 years out, if I eat 5 wings I am stuffed for hours, and I mean 5 like drummettes, and I don't even clean them. There is no way I could eat that and pizza. AT 3 MONTHS?!?!?!?

idaZVOv.png
I'm almost 2 years out, if I eat 5 wings I am stuffed for hours, and I mean 5 like drummettes, and I don't even clean them. There is no way I could eat that and pizza. AT 3 MONTHS?!?!?!?

It makes me wonder if some surgeons vary the size of the sleeve. Or would that make a big difference? I don't think I had a clue how all over the place this is. From preop to pain to food consumption. There seems to be wild variations. I better hang on and be ready for whatever this ride brings me.

Outside, you mentioned if you eat your veggies with your Protein that you get hungry soon after.. Almost like the salad makes the meat slide through. pizza might do the same thing...

6 hours ago, Joann454 said:

It makes me wonder if some surgeons vary the size of the sleeve. Or would that make a big difference? I don't think I had a clue how all over the place this is. From preop to pain to food consumption. There seems to be wild variations. I better hang on and be ready for whatever this ride brings me.

In one of the videos on the Blossom Bariatric YouTube they talked about a person that ate a 6 or a 12 inch sub as soon as they were discharged.

There isn't enough variation in sleeves to account for how some people eat.

Some of it is high pain tolerance, some of it is just stretching a meal over some time, and some of it is just flat out food addiction.

I have a lot of restriction but I can eat a lot, if I want to. You learn how to eat around your sleeve I just choose not to.

In one of the videos on the Blossom Bariatric YouTube they talked about a person that ate a 6 or a 12 inch sub as soon as they were discharged.
There isn't enough variation in sleeves to account for how some people eat.
Some of it is high pain tolerance, some of it is just stretching a meal over some time, and some of it is just flat out food addiction.
I have a lot of restriction but I can eat a lot, if I want to. You learn how to eat around your sleeve I just choose not to.

I'm going into this with the attitude of not "what can I get away with" eating. Having restriction for a while will certainly help. This is part of a change I want to make forever and I have to do my part.
My sister had gastric bypass when it was fairly new and she changed her eating habits very little. While she has stayed around 220 from 350 I know she isn't happy there. She just didn't make the changes needed. On the other hand I have no doubt she'd be over 400 by now had she not had it. Now I'm inspiring her to eat more Protein and first. Dense protein [emoji16]

idaZVOv.png

I know! It was my first time having them so i was suprised, the wings were small but i was shocked that i got the pizza down. But ive had hunger pains since about 1 month out. So maybe my stomach is larger than some? I weigh all my food usually i can intake about 5/6oz depending on the meal.

HW 260
SW 245
CW 200
Sleeved 2/8/2017

I am not good at eating Breakfast. I have coffee and that's about it in the morning. I wait at least another 2 hours after that before I eat something. I think that is my problem, not eating meals.