Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much you can eat ?

I can only eat 3 nuggets before I'm full.. if I even eat one more nugget, my restriction will annoy the ever living crap out of me and make me regret eating any more.

Can barely manage 1/3 cup of Beans, or the same thing happens.

Sometimes its hard putting out the effort for so little food. I have to force myself to want to eat. At the same time I love it because I don't feel like an overeating fat slob.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

On 5/23/2017 at 0:49 AM, FAT2LESS said:

Its odd some things i can eat alot of some i cant i cant finish an egg but can eat a half sandwich from tim hortons i can only eat half of a chicken leg but i can eat a big salad it takes me an hour to eat 2 turkey bacons but takes me 5mins to drink a Premier Protein shake

BigBodyBombFace

That isn't odd at all. That is exactly how a sleeve works. Dense Protein small amounts. Just about everything else is infinite. Your sleeve is working exactly how it is supposed to work.

My surgery was March 6. I can still only eat small amounts; one egg and maybe 1/2 piece of toast. If I eat Soup, I can eat a little more. chicken wings, 2. Some days I feel hungry all day, and others not hungry at all. Has anyone started eating salad and/or raw veggies at 3 months? I miss salads so much and I'm scared to try!

On 5/18/2017 at 2:02 PM, slothritis said:

10 weeks

I'm 8 months post-op, and I'm still not to 1500 calories per day yet (and I am a 6 foot tall man).

I'm 3 months post-op too. I can only consume 2 to 3 1/2 ounces of Protein in one siting. I get full very easily in just 3 or 4 bites? I can't eat a whole egg (scrambled). So food-wise I'm still consuming small. But what I am happy about is that I can gulp my Water & iced tea. I'm more thirsty than hungry now.

Height: 5'0"

Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.

Surgery date: 2/13/17

Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).

Current weight: 158.4 lbs

My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

I'm 3 months post-op too. I can only consume 2 to 3 1/2 ounces of Protein in one siting. I get full very easily in just 3 or 4 bites? I can't eat a whole egg (scrambled). So food-wise I'm still consuming small. But what I am happy about is that I can gulp my Water & iced tea. I'm more thirsty than hungry now.

You just keep losing steadily. It's been fun for me to watch your signature line. Congrats!

On 5/17/2017 at 8:14 AM, slothritis said:

I am not good at eating Breakfast. I have coffee and that's about it in the morning. I wait at least another 2 hours after that before I eat something. I think that is my problem, not eating meals.

I personally think it's ok to not eat when your not hungry!!! So if you're not hungry at Breakfast time, that's ok. You'll break your fast (breakfast) a couple hours later. Why add calories in when your not hungry? That could lead to overeating in the future. My nut advises against eating just because it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner time. Eat when hungry. I believe you're fine. Now, with that said, if you find yourself not losing or gaining, then you'll need to add those calories when your hungry enough to eat. 😊

Oh and I'm not against adding a little Protein to the coffee either. Just find what works for you hon.

Edited by Newme17

You just keep losing steadily. It's been fun for me to watch your signature line. Congrats!

Thank you. I'm so mind-blown about how little I can eat & to see how much I used to be able to eat. I'm losing a lot faster than I expected, but that's a good thing. I hope all is well for you too with the weight loss surgery.

My surgery was March 6. I can still only eat small amounts; one egg and maybe 1/2 piece of toast. If I eat Soup, I can eat a little more. chicken wings, 2. Some days I feel hungry all day, and others not hungry at all. Has anyone started eating salad and/or raw veggies at 3 months? I miss salads so much and I'm scared to try!

I had my surgery on March 29th. I have eaten salads . I chew well and I'm fine.
After 6 weeks, I am on regular diet. Of course I haven't done fried foods and try to go by what is taught Proteins first, then vegs and carbs alittle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 4 months out (but appetite was similar at 3 months). At the dense end of the food spectrum, I can eat exactly 4 bites of steak (works out to 2 ounces). At the other end, I can eat almost a cup of cooked mushy vegetables. I eat alot of tofu because it fills me up the least for the amount of Protein but I also tend to over-eat it more.

Like a previous poster, I have big swings in appetite usually coinciding with my menstrual cycle.

I'm six weeks out and have been having tiny salads. Just be sure to chew well!

RNY 14 April 2017
SW: 295 lb / 134 kg
GW: 187 lb / 85 kg (I'll see when I get there)

I am 1 week post surgery and feeling no restriction. Eating week 3 creamy foods, and had a Protein Bar and just ate the entire thing as though I never had surgery. Feels like I never had surgery. Haven't lost any weight in a week. Urine normal, Fluid consumption fine, bowel movements fine. What the hell? If it wasn't for the x ray I'd assume I'd been scammed.

I'm a month out but it's been the same way for me since Day1!

I'm a month out but it's been the same way for me since Day1!

Wth? How is this possible. I'm so sorry.

Hello all, I was just curious to know how much everyone can eat after 3 months post op. I had surgery about 3 months ago and I feel like I can definitely eat "more" than before, I dunno if that's normal or not. For example, I could eat only 1 egg, now I can eat 1 egg and 2 chicken sausage links.

As your stomach heals and the swelling goes down, you are able to eat more. That is normal according to my NUT. I'm only 5 weeks out but I know as I heal I will be able to eat more. I follow the guidelines from my NUT as to how much and how many times a day to eat.
Normally I can eat a scrambled egg with cheese for breakfast. Today I tried adding a piece of bacon. I could only eat half a piece and a few bites of egg. Since the bacon is so dense it takes up more room so I ate less.

Sent from my VS995 using BariatricPal mobile app