Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Area Bandsters

I have UHC and it was easy peasy!!!! No trouble at all, I was asked to provide Dr's documentation of my weight for the last 5 years, one weight for each year, I could only provide 4 years, but it was no isssue at all!!!

Hi! I'm waiting for my band date with Dr Sina Matin in Irving. He does fills for those patients who were banded by other doctors. Consultation was great. He and the staff are awesome! Looking forward to working with them during my new journey. :-)

i know it's been a while 4 you but i was told the samething yesterday about what i had to do after going to AIGB in Husrt all this time now i have to go to Decatur because of insu i feel a lot better now hearing this has happen to someone else and they are haveing gr8 results good luck on you journery

Hey DFWers!

I have just had my papers sent in to Aetna (April 10th). I hope to be on an operating table with Dr. Ferrara in early May. Has any of y'all had surgery with him? Was it a good experience? I would love to hear your feed back. I can not wait!! If I could have jumped on a gurney, to have surgery, the evening on my "Free Seminar" I would have. Cross your fingers I hear from my insurance soon!

Edited by miss meliss

Hey DFWers!

I have just had my papers sent in to Aetna (April 10th). I hope to be on an operating table with Dr. Ferrara in early May. Has any of y'all had surgery with him? Was it a good experience? I would love to hear your feed back. I can not wait!! If I could have jumped on a gurney, to have surgery, the evening on my "Free Seminar" I would have. Cross your fingers I hear from my insurance soon!

miss meliss

Dr. Adam Smith did my surgery. I do believe Dr. Ferrara was in to assist with my surgery. I can tell you why I picked them. They really care about you and what you are going through. The staff is great and there after care meetings are wonderful support. If you have not gone to one of the meetings I highly suggest that you go. You don't have to be banded to go. You can learn a lot from the people that have been there. They are great to answer any and all questions that you might have. The meetings are every Tuesday at 6:30. I had Aetna also and they returned my approval in a week. So hang in there. I will look for you at the next meeting.

Donna

Thanks for the info Butterflylady!

When and where do you guys meet?

Howdy! How great to find other DFW Bandsters!!! I just had my procedure with Dr Adam Smith last Wednesday and he has been wonderful. I had a mixed experience with some of his staff but a new office manager has made an immediate difference to restore my comfort level overall. I'm looking forward to the post-op appointment this Wednesday to get more guidance on this procedure as well as the group meetings on Tuesdays...I'm hoping to make the 2nd and 4th Tuesday sessions because they are led by Dr Counts and I really enjoyed meeting with her for my psych session (plus she's also a band patient of Dr Smith's!).

All of the Tuesday sessions are held in their Park Plaza building on the 6th floor...I haven't been yet but was told they started at 6pm, not 6:30 so appreciate anyone to confirm that?

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in May!

Mamrazik,

I appreciate you sharing you experience. I am so happy for you! What it the name of the new Office Manager? Nancy (insurance guru) sent my approval papers to the wrong Aetna group. I am with a new Aetna policy group created for my husband's employer. I have sent an email and tried contacting her on the phone. No LUck!! I know I am probably over eager to have this proceedure, however, I have asked for a response so that I know when the information gets to the proper place. That being said..... I am very happy with LBS and can't wait to join your group of LOSERS (ha ha)!!

Mamrazik,

I appreciate you sharing you experience. I am so happy for you! What it the name of the new Office Manager? Nancy (insurance guru) sent my approval papers to the wrong Aetna group. I am with a new Aetna policy group created for my husband's employer. I have sent an email and tried contacting her on the phone. No LUck!! I know I am probably over eager to have this proceedure, however, I have asked for a response so that I know when the information gets to the proper place. That being said..... I am very happy with LBS and can't wait to join your group of LOSERS (ha ha)!!

Miss Meliss-

I know it starts with an 'S':blushing:...it's easier to just call the main number for LBS and ask to speak to the office manager. She was so quick to help and understands that we're all overanxious! A friend and I had similar challenges with Nancy and lack of communication. I finally asked for the UHC case number and managed the process myself. But don't let that discourage you...I am overall really happy with Dr. Smith's office and looking forward to my post-op appointment tomorrow!

Good Luck!!!

I got a message today........

I Got APPROVED!!!

I got the call from LBS (Dr. Ferrara) today, but, only received their message after the office had closed. I will call tomorrow to schedule a date! I can't believe it!! I don't know when, but..... someday soon I will not be diabetic, I will not have foot pain, I will not have various body parts go numb while I sleep, I will be able to keep up with my boys and I will not worry about being seated in a Booth, etc..... I guess I could go on forever! ( I was getting a little carried away there):crying:

Hi everyone in DFW land. Kind of quiet out there. Are we still losing weight? Miss Meliss, did you get your banding? How is it going? What about the rest of you? I am down around 60lbs now and I can physicaly tell a big difference already in the way I move, sleep, and get around.

Hey Thunder, how is it going? After all my issues, I have been told I can have my band back, so now just waiting to see if Aetna approves it again. Dr. Smith's office personnel are awesome. Susee, Shannon and Dr. Slicko are the best in my opinion.

Awesome, glad to see you are doing good now. I hope you have been able to maintain so far. I look forward to us sharing war stories again. Maybe we can do some Soup for lunch sometime soon! Tell the gang hello.