Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC - October 2007 chat

Okay August Band Crew of 2007, where are you? Here is my update. Last month I decided to forget about the scale and focus on putting exercise into my daily routine. I challenged myself to hit the gym at least 3 times a week. In the first week I lost 5 pounds from the exercise, then in one week regained it because I put on muscle and now this week lost it again because the muscle is now helping me lose weight. Meantime I have lost inches and went from a size 14 pant to size 12. I started out using 5 pound hand weights and now up to 8 pounders. I was at a level 2 on the recumbent bike and now at a level 4. I started with 18 situps and can now do 70 without stopping! On the treadmill I started walking for 10 minutes at a 3.6 speed with no incline; now, I am at 3.6 jogging for 8 minutes at a 2.5 incline. I started exercising 3 days a week for 20 minutes and now I am up to 5 days a week for 35 minutes as well as walking in the evening for 20 minutes. I feel great and feel alot less jiggly if you know what I mean.

I would like to challenge others to try to lose weight or at least change one clothing size before Thanksgiving, 7 weeks away. Anyone want to join me?? Robin

Robin, That Is Almost 2 Mos So We Should Be Able To Do This! I Am In A 2x And Siz 18 Pant. I Am Going To Try To Get To The Next Size. I Am Working Out But At Curves And Not As Hard As You. You Are Really Working Hard! I'll Get There When I Am As Small As Your Little Body!

I Leave For Oregon Tomorrow To See My Daughter. I Am So Excited! I Haven't Seen Her In Over A Yr. She Has A Great Hike Planned For Us On Of The Days I Am There. I Have Never Hiked With Either Of My Kids. I Was Always A Cough Potato. Mariah Says The Coast Of Origon Is Beautiful And The Trail We Will Be On Has A Waterfall. I Can't Wait.

Where Are All The Abc Members? I Really Miss Reading And Talking To Them. It Is Not The Same Without Them!

Diane

You have done so well. Great job! Challenge taken. I dedicated myself to exercising the last three weeks and cutting out all unnecessary calories. I thought, "What the heck it is only three weeks." Well you know what? Now I have a set routine after only three weeks. So let's go for it. Let's set our sights first on November 1 - don't worry about the scale because inches count, too! Keep moving and our body will do the rest. Good Luck!!

Boy, Now That Your So Close To Your Goal, You Sure Are Gonho. Who Would Of Thought That Our Minds Would Be Thinking This Way. I Love It! Not Only Are Our Body's Changing But Our Thoughts. I Never Liked To Exercise And Now I Don't Miss Going. If I Do, I Feel Awful. I Love Looking At Myself Again And Thinking I Look Good. Before I Would Avoid Any Mirrors Or Going To Shop For New Clothes. Now I Love It. To See What Size I Am In Now. I Bought My New Bra In May. I Was A Size 52 And Then A 42. I Was So Happy. Now My Bra Is In The 3rd Hook And Too Big. I Had The Girl At Curves Measure Me And I Should Be A 38. I Have Never Been A 38. Wow!!! It Is Amazing What This Band Has Done For My Self Esteem. I Am Actually A Happier Person Now. I Don't Sit On The Couch I Get Up And Do Anything. I Love My New Life!!

I Will See Ya When I Get Back From My Trip. Have A Great Month!

Diane

Well last week I went from exercising 3 days a week to 5 days a week. I actually tried a stairstepper today and was able to do 10 minutes on manual without breaking a sweat! In just 5 weeks I have moved from a 4 pound hand weight to an 8 pound handweight. I lost 5 pounds last month and then regained it when I put on muscle and then lost it again with the help of those muscles! I have finally lost a new pound - down to 171. However, in just 4 weeks of exercising for about 30 minutes a day I have lost a whole clothing size and I feel muscle for the first time. I am up to 100 situps without stopping. Feels really good. Last week I walked after dinner and I will do it again tonight. I am hoping by the end of October walk every night so that I get exercise in twice a day. The scale is moving slowly but the body is definitely changing. How are you doing???

Boy, Now That Your So Close To Your Goal, You Sure Are Gonho. Who Would Of Thought That Our Minds Would Be Thinking This Way. I Love It! Not Only Are Our Body's Changing But Our Thoughts. I Never Liked To Exercise And Now I Don't Miss Going. If I Do, I Feel Awful. I Love Looking At Myself Again And Thinking I Look Good. Before I Would Avoid Any Mirrors Or Going To Shop For New Clothes. Now I Love It. To See What Size I Am In Now. I Bought My New Bra In May. I Was A Size 52 And Then A 42. I Was So Happy. Now My Bra Is In The 3rd Hook And Too Big. I Had The Girl At Curves Measure Me And I Should Be A 38. I Have Never Been A 38. Wow!!! It Is Amazing What This Band Has Done For My Self Esteem. I Am Actually A Happier Person Now. I Don't Sit On The Couch I Get Up And Do Anything. I Love My New Life!!

I Will See Ya When I Get Back From My Trip. Have A Great Month!

Diane

How are you all doing who took the weight loss challenge? continue to work out 4-5 times a week and am getting stronger and gaining more muscle. The scale has not moved below 172 but I continue to lose inches. My face looks completely normal now with no sagging jawline or double chin. I am comfortably in size 12. I talked with a friend of mine who has been trying to lose 15 pounds for 2 years. It will not budge so she went on an exercise program like me but she started about a year ago. She looks a whole size smaller but has still not lost a pound. She thinks when women get to middle age our bodies hang onto the weight to protect ourselves against other diseases or ailments. Who knows?

HI ROBIN, JUST GOT BACK FROM MY TRIP BACK WEST AND HAD A GREAT TIME. I EVEN WENT TO CURVES 3 TIMES WHILE I WAS VISITING AND GOING ALL OVER. I WAS ABLE NOT TO HAVE AN EXTENSION TO ANY OF THE PLANES I WAS ON AND I GOT THE TRAY TABLE DOWN WITHOUT LAYING ON MY TUMMY!! THEN I PUSHED MY LUCK AND CROSSED MY LEGS. TO MY SURPRISE, I WAS ABLE TO DO THAT WITH ROOM TO SPARE! I EVEN WALKED DOWN THE ISLE WITHOUT TURNING SIDEWAYS. HURRAY!!!! THAT WAS A BIG DEAL FOR ME. THEY MUST OF THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY FOR I HAD A HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE. I HAD BOOZE IN VEGAS AND EVEN WITH ALL MY WALKING AROUND, I GAINED 1 LB. NOT BAD FOR THE drinks I HAD WAS A WHITE RUSSIAN. LOTS OF CALORIES!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS ONLY 3 OF US ON THIS SITE!

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE HOLIDAY CELEBRATION COSTUME BALL GIVEN BY DR SPIVAK AND THE WELLNESS PROGRAM? IT IS BEING HELD AT THE CASTLE ON SAT DEC 8TH 4-8 PM. $5 AT DOOR. BRING A CAN GOOD AND GET 2 EXTRA DOOR PRIZE TICKETS. YOU WOULD NEED TO CLICK ON WWW.BANDMD.COM AND THEN CLICK ON THE HOLIDAY AND IT HAS 4 WORDS TO CLICK ON TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT. I HEARD ONE OF THE PRIZES WAS A TUMMY TUCK! I THINK I WANT THAT! HEEHEE ANYWAY, I AM GOING AND IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE FOR ALL OF US BANDED WITH DR SPIVAK TO MEET. ANYONE CAN GO BE TO BE ELIGABLE FOR THE BIG PRIZE, YOU HAVE TO BE HIS PATIENT. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!

LADYDI

Hello ladies

I had forgotten about this thread, I am so sorry! :boink: Now that October is days from being over I wanted to say hello!

Robin--I am much like you, scale no longer moves but I am finding that things are going in other ways! I am now in a size 10 Levis! WOO HOO!! Nothing better than that! :xena_banana:

Dianne--how are you doing?

Welcome back Boo Boo Kitty! I hope everyone remembers us and comes back! I cant wait until I only have 15 lbs to go! Boy, you must be so happy!

I still have about 60 lbs to go but I am feeling great and soooo happy. I feel like a new woman! Where do you live? If you were in Houston, you could go to the Holiday Ball and we could see each other.

I started out as a 32/34 and now in a 2x top and anywhere from 16-20 pant. It has been over 20 yrs since I have been in an 18. Life is beautiful!!!!

ladydi

Hi Dianne--

I am doing great as well. I am very happy with my success. I was to get PS in December, but there was a mix up there, so I am in limbo. My last 15 pounds are pretty much nasty skin! :) lol....

I live in Michigan, a bit far from Houston! lol...so sorry I won't be able to make it! lol... :mad:

Size 10!!!!!!! Oh my God!!! I can fit my legs in but not my stomach which is still a size 12. Go girl go!!

I am not sure if I can go. My husband always has lots of holiday parties to go to but I have not yet found out the dates. I feel so go, exercising 4-5 times a week. I have alot of excess skin but am developing alot of muscle as well. Looking great in clothing and I love what I see in the mirror. I went to a party last weekend where I hadn't seen folks in ten years and they could not believe my appearance. I ended up dancing for two hours in 3 inch heels and felt no pain and hardly sweated. It was AWESOME!!!!

Since we are well into October I started a new thread under ABC band crew - November 2007. Robin