Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just sent Facebook request to group. Surgery is June 15th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC.

2 hours ago, BCreel said:

Just sent Facebook request to group. Surgery is June 15th with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC.

I didn't receive anything for the group I created so must be another one :)

16 minutes ago, BCreel said:

Who do I PM to join Facebook group?

I sent you a PM with how to join the group

On 4/14/2017 at 11:41 AM, cherann said:

June 19th. Posted on other thread. Terrified but excited. :)

Im June 19th too!

I start the pre-op liquid diet in a few weeks, i'm not looking forward to that. I'm concerned about how I'm going to stick to it! What are everyone's major concerns about the surgery? For me it's the nausea and being able to intake enough fluids - I'm hoping for the best but going into it knowing it could be pretty difficult those first few months.

I'm so focused on the reactions of others (family) after surgery that I almost feel like getting a hotel room & saying I'm out of town for work until I'm ready to staying for a week until I'm ready to deal with people! [emoji23] (I realize that's crazy talk [emoji6])

For whatever reason, I have a good feeling about the recovery. [emoji51] I've been taking a lot of different Vitamins that are recommended pre-surgery & I've been doing low carb for 8 days now. It would be so much harder to start the liquid diet on June 14 if I was still eating lots of carbs, etc. I actually feel so much better already eating this way-which is ironic since I couldn't bring myself to eat healthy before, but now that I have HOPE again (Sleeve Hope), I'm loving eating healthy! Ugh! For me, I've been so depressed & hopeless for the past few years that I had given up. My surgery is the first thing I've been excited about for myself in a very long time, so I'm focusing on all of the things I miss...like looking good in jeans [emoji158] & being able to "squat" down in the store to look at the bottom shelf, crossing my legs comfortably, sitting with my legs crossed on the floor, walking up & down steps without feeling like I'm hurting my joints...feeling like I'm walking on pebbles when I get out of bed in the morning. [emoji175]

I'm so focused on the reactions of others (family) after surgery that I almost feel like getting a hotel room & saying I'm out of town for work until I'm ready to staying for a week until I'm ready to deal with people! [emoji23] (I realize that's crazy talk [emoji6])

For whatever reason, I have a good feeling about the recovery. [emoji51] I've been taking a lot of different Vitamins that are recommended pre-surgery & I've been doing low carb for 8 days now. It would be so much harder to start the liquid diet on June 14 if I was still eating lots of carbs, etc. I actually feel so much better already eating this way-which is ironic since I couldn't bring myself to eat healthy before, but now that I have HOPE again (Sleeve Hope), I'm loving eating healthy! Ugh! For me, I've been so depressed & hopeless for the past few years that I had given up. My surgery is the first thing I've been excited about for myself in a very long time, so I'm focusing on all of the things I miss...like looking good in jeans [emoji158] & being able to "squat" down in the store to look at the bottom shelf, crossing my legs comfortably, sitting with my legs crossed on the floor, walking up & down steps without feeling like I'm hurting my joints...feeling like I'm walking on pebbles when I get out of bed in the morning. [emoji175]

I wish I could edit that first paragraph! Lol
Oooops!

Looking to connect with anyone who is having their surgery preferably in June. A surgery buddy would be helpful I think! [emoji4]

I'm scheduled for this Monday the 12th of June. Getting kind of nervous.

My surgery date is tomorrow. It was supposed to be on May 30 but the surgeon wasn't feeling well and cancelled. So here we are again. The day before and I am nervous.

My surgery is June 23rd. I start liquids this Saturday June 10th. So excited but scared to death of the liquid phase!!

Hello! I just joined because I found out yesterday that my surgery is June 27th. I am getting ready to start my pre-surgery diet. I was fine with everything till I got the call yesterday and now I'm pretty terrified. Excited but scared for the healing.