Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 3 month out 30lbsdown from revision lapband to rny....

Sent from my LG-K540 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm a sleeve revision to bypass. My surgeon and nut have both said that revisions lose slower. Cells remember the previous loss and hold onto the weight more. I'm 5 weeks and down 25, but I have been on a stall for 3 weeks. I was down 28, but gained back 3 pounds right before the stall happened. I started tracking with MyFitnessPal as I do much better when I track, and I keep following the rules. My doctor said don't worry about the scale right now...easy for him to say. I also started at a lower weight. The less you have to lose the slower it will happen.

I am having the same issue i had a defective lap band that embedded n my stomach tissue so i was revised to a gastric bypass to help with the severe acid reflux. Had my surgery 1/23/17 and have only lost 22lbs.

I'm concerned. I had conversion from lapband to RNY on Monday. I lost 10 lbs. on the pre-op diet. All I had while I was in the hospital was some buillion and 2 shakes. I just got home from the hospital and I'm up 8 lbs. What's going on here? I'm OK with not losing in the past few days, but gaining???? Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm a little freaked out here....

Yes -- I was on an IV. Do you think I'm retaining Fluid from the IV?

Yes -- I was on an IV. Do you think I'm retaining Fluid from the IV?

Yes! I just had my band to bypass and when I got home and weighed myself and was 5lbs heavier but was reassured it was iv Fluid. It took about 2 days to lose don't worry!

Thanks! I'm a bit annoyed that no one said anything about this -- a warning from the surgeon or the nurses on the floor would have been appreciated.

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good -- tired but good.

That is the issue. When I did my last weigh out before going home they warned me of the weight gain. They said not to weigh myself for a week. I didn't listen. That Water weight was dropping a pound to two pounds a day.

Thanks! I'm a bit annoyed that no one said anything about this -- a warning from the surgeon or the nurses on the floor would have been appreciated.
How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good -- tired but good.

Yes I feel the same way! And I am okay. Healing up fine but every morning I wake up nauseas, burning and dizzy. At my 1 week apt today the doctor told me it was most likely the Percocet so I haven't taken any today to hopefully tomorrow I will be normal because I have things to do and I need to drive [emoji21] I did advance to soft foods today and had strained cream of broccoli and it was so good! Eating makes me nervous now though lol

I am glad you are doing great!!

I wasn't weighed at all in the hospital -- not pre-surgery and not post-surgery and not before being released from the hospital. I know what I weighed before the surgery and I'm up -- which would be a major problem without this forum to turn to. Thank goodness I now know that what I'm experiencing is normal. There have been so many times in my life when I would try to diet and end up gaining instead of losing -- and seeing the numbers go up when I got home was deja vu all over again. I'll keep on keeping on, of course, but I think that people should be told weight gain is a side effect of having an IV. I'm finding that in order to get information from my medical team, I need to know the questions to ask -- and without a forum like this -- who would know what to ask? This forum is invaluable! Anyway, thanks for the information and know that you've done a really good deed today.

I can relate. I think that eating will make me nervous too.

My roommate in the hospital was in for some kind of gastric surgery, but it wasn't bariatric. She was 91 years old and sharp as a tack. She kept on asking me what kind of surgery I had and I kept on deflecting -- because I'm not yet ready to announce any of this to the world. My husband and my kids and two close friends are the only ones who know. I plan to keep it that way for the short-term. Anyway, all this woman kept on talking about was food. I was getting incredibly upset. It wasn't her fault -- she didn't know what she was saying was upsetting to me. But she was talking on the phone to her friends and I swear -- they were reading recipes to one another or something like that. I think the bariatric program needs to do a better job of matching hospital roommates. Because my roommate, as interesting and nice as she was, was a terrible match for someone who'd just had RNY. I was told that if a private room was available, it was mine, but they were very busy on the floor and all the private rooms were already taken.

How restricted do you feel? I have to admit that I can't tell yet. I've been nursing a Protein Shake for the last 1.5 hours and I'll have another one for dinner, but I'm nursing it because I was told to sip everything very slowly -- I don't necessarily feel restriction. Then again, I'm only 2-days out of surgery and I'm sure my insides are not sure what's going either!

I'm finally back to the weight I was at before I went into the hospital -- my pre-surgery weight. It took 5-days. Everything from here on in is new weight lost. Given that I'm not particularly active yet, it's OK if things don't move all that quickly -- although I hope they do. Time will tell. Band to RNY revisions don't lose as fast and I've accepted that.