Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, my name is Arlin I am Dominican and I'm 33yrs old I have two wonderful boys of ages 15 and 9.. I have finally did the Gastric Sleeve Surgery after many years of doubting and very expensive diets.. This is my story!

I was never a skinny person not even as a child however I was never considered "fat".. I am considered curvy, I have always been very comfortable with my body, to the point that I have had relationships with men that are very handsome and some say how the hell u got that guy, and my answer has always been " u gotta be confident and be happy" thats a true beauty!! I lost control of my weight after my first child, during my pregnancy with him I developed Eclampsia so was in the hospital 4 days a week with iVs and medication that took my weight to 60lbs more in just 6 weeks! After i gave birth i lost about 30 pretty quickly and just hanged in that weight for about 5 years. Then I was pregnant again with my 2nd child and to be honest with him I didnt gain as much I pretty much stayed in my same weight..

I have tried so many diets and products since I was 18yrs old that if I add up their costs it pretty much could have financed a house or a Lipo in DR maybe like 5 times.. when I turned 30 I noticed that i was gaining more weight and not loosing as quickly as I used to be able to do it in the past! Since I am so confident and happy in my life I was scared that if i do surgery, it will not go well!! I know it sounds dumb as f**k, but i really thought that if something happened during the surgery and i died, IF I get to the gates of heaven God will ask me why I did it, I didnt have an answer cause trust me when I say I am happy and confident I truly am so i felt like it was selfish.. I know how it sounds and my friends use to literally just punch me!!

So what made me decide?? Simple my kids, I noticed I couldn't keep up with them anymore, Parent Teacher Confrences are a nightmare with all these steps these schools have (Coño is not easy going to 5th fl when the stairs are doubled) 🤕. Mainly I just dont want them to settle on their health just because I did. Life is not promised to anybody and we can just drop dead at anytime but we can at least try to make the right choices to live today! I aslo love to dance and I noticed i was loosing my breath after just one salsa and my knees be killing me the next day.. So I man up and decided in December that this what I need.. I want to still be happy, confident, but most of all healthy!! So i did all the tests and research my great Doctor McGinty asked me to do very quickly and went under just 5 days ago!!

Im not gonna lie the first three days post-op I was regretting everything, i was not much in pain but had very bad nausea and kept vomiting everything down to some blood as well.. Thankfully I didn't destroyed anything, yesterday and today have been much better I can actually drink my fluids pain is not bad at all, I just still have some gas and sometimes cramping in my stomach!! I know this was a long ass post (sorry) but I am really excited for whats coming in this journey that is changing my life.

I want to wish you many blessings on your journey to a healthier you. Your story touched me and inspired me.

Arlin
I am 10 days post op and yes it was very rough at first but after about the 5th day no kidding it gets better and better. Today I feel my energy coming back... I am drinking my Protein better, and I can eat about 1oz of puréed and foods. Oh and by all means stay hydrated . I m very happy you did it and I pray that you are more than successful

Thanks so much Apple1..

Godsgirl65 yes today i feel so much better i was able to walk 2 miles and i can drink better ..

Thanks so much for ya kind words, is really great to have support from people feeling the same way and going through the same things

Hi Arlin!! Thank you for stating your story!!! I too am Dominican and 30 years old and a teacher so I know how you feel about those stairs on parent teacher conference day because I go up and down them everyday coño lol It's not easy but I'm sure it was the best decision of your life!! I go under on April 12th and I'm excited but nervous as well!! Hope you have a speedy recovery!! [emoji4]

2 hours ago, CJ1107 said:

Hi Arlin!! Thank you for stating your story!!! I too am Dominican and 30 years old and a teacher so I know how you feel about those stairs on parent teacher conference day because I go up and down them everyday coño lol It's not easy but I'm sure it was the best decision of your life!! I go under on April 12th and I'm excited but nervous as well!! Hope you have a speedy recovery!! emoji4.png

Lmao yes those damn stairs and the teacher always looks at me like are u alright when i get to the classroom lol.. yay Im excited you made your decision, trust me it gets better after 5 days just have to hang in there!! Your body will prove to u that it can handle this journey you just have to set your mind to positive mode!! Good luck and definitely keep me posted

Lmao yes those damn stairs and the teacher always looks at me like are u alright when i get to the classroom lol.. yay Im excited you made your decision, trust me it gets better after 5 days just have to hang in there!! Your body will prove to u that it can handle this journey you just have to set your mind to positive mode!! Good luck and definitely keep me posted

My students look at me like that lol Yeah I've heard the 5th day post op is the better day...can't wait to just finally get this done! I'm tired, just like you, of dieting and the hundreds of dollars being spent monthly on diets and trainers and what not. Thanks for your advice and well wishes!! Means a lot to me!!! I'll let you know how it goes!!!