Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2017 60'ish sleever's out there?

I'm not there yet, (surgery on 8/9), but I ordered a Protein Powder from Amazon that I will use to stir into Soups, sprinkle on foods, etc. to add up my Protein numbers without having to always drink. I also ordered vitamin patches which my doctor didn't ok yet, but I will see if my numbers stay up using them. Other ideas will help all of us.

@kedasmom I am getting ready to have my band out on the 16th and then sleeve on november 13th. PLEASE keep me informed on how your doing!! I am nervous about the same. Thanks!!

Will be a week tomorrow, my son had sleeve Monday. My dog had 2 puppies (that didn't go smoothly). I'm hoping by Friday I will be back at camp with alittle less activity.

So happy to find this page . I'm 68 with lap band bout 10'yrs now want to remove and have gastric sleeve Dr recommended by pass but knees & COPD and of course wt gone is my only goal now . I'm nervous but moving forward with two last referrals two go ... on Medicare so I understand Inhave to wait 120 days after that . Anyone else had to do the same ? Thank you

I had the sleeve done at 7/19 I'm 65 all's going fine so far hope everything is well with you take care

`Hi, I am 73 and had the sleeve done Aug. 12. I am doing okay, but I still am very weak. I fold the laundry and I have to sit for a few minutes. I was not very active before my surgery, but this is silly. I wonder if it is my age or just me? I feel hungry a lot, and never feel full. I always stop eating as soon as my stomach just feel different. How are you doing?

After I had my surgery within a few days one of the areas where they removed the part of the stomach became infected and I was on strong antibiotics for a week and that really set be back for a while. I was so thankful my son was with me during that time so he was able to help me with bandages and medications. But it's been a while and I'm all healed I've had physical therapy and feeling better I'm not 100%and I didn't even do that much exercise wise even before surgery. I try to walk daily to get strength back in my legs. You'll be fine just take one day at a time and do what you can walking is the best exercise you can do. As far as feeling full my stomach starts to feel weird also when I'm eating and I stop. Take care wishing you the best on your recovery.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope all are doing well, surgery was Aug 2. I'm doing well, I'm back from camp, driving school bus. I really need to start a routine of exercise. Walking to start, then add in some other activity. I keep saying another 10 lbs and body parts won't hurt so much, but I'm thinking it may be just an excuse not to start. I need a starting point.

Hello everyone! I had my surgery on Aug. 16th. Im 4 wks post op & have lost 22 lbs so far. Oh and im 62.
The only problem that recently started having since im now on pureed foods is getting in my Protein & water! When i was on full liquids I did really well! I was drinking Premier Protein drinks most of the time & using unsweeten Pea powdered protein to mix in my puddings or yogurt. But now Im finding it difficult to drink the premiers. They seem to make my heart fludder of to beat hard. I even had problems with the brand of chewable vitamins( BaractricPal) it started taking. The liquid vitamins (Baractric Advantage)worked really well but its too expensive. Thank goodness my surgeon said its ok to take tablets or caps. Now I just have to find a better protein sourse. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

Another question I wanted to ask ( &I hope I dont offend anyone) I heard it said that after having surgery the sex drive increases!
Now I know that may be true for the young people but is that true for us older ones? For me personally I dont feel any difference from before my surgery or after.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

Niseys4, what are you eating on the pureed diet? My list includes yogurt, scrambled eggs, chicken, turkey, fish, cottage cheese--everything except the yogurt pureed, of course. But these all contain Protein. I'd also suggest protein water--I personally think it's much better than the shakes and it does double duty, giving you both protein and Water. My list includes vegetables and very limited fruit, but the mandate is always to get your water and protein first . . .

Oh--and I wanted to add, you're just a month after surgery. I wouldn't worry too much about sex drive--see what happens after six months or a year, perhaps!