Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie from Georgia

Jeannie,

I haven't had any problems with my port. You'll need to take it very easy for a couple of weeks. I tried to pick up my toddler a little too soon and i felt it pull just a little. My port incision is completely covered by my bra and it hasn't been irritated or anything. It has actually healed better than the other incisions. I think Dr. B knew what he was doing when he decided to put the port on the chest. My husband is a mail carrier in Moultrie. Which office do you work at?

Pamela

Banded 9-20-07weight.png</p>

Pamela

i am a carrier in Albany at the main office. I love it. It really is a small world isnt it? I am so glad to have found you on here.

<p>

I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and am waiting for an approval with bcbs. I also have hypothyroid and had a total tyrodectomy in February.</p> <p> </p> <p>Like you, I was very small 100lbs to be exaxt and all of a sudden, boom I am no longer shopping at 5 7 9 but lane Bryant,

Hi slimshady! It's really tough to be so thin one day and poof... you're 150 llbs heavier (at least, thats how it was in my case). I'm so excited for you and i hope you get approved soon. Keep writing and let us know how it's going.

Pamela

Banded 9-20-07weight.png</p>

I call once a week, I am told each time that it is being reviewed....whatever that mean. T

Thanks you for you support, I will let you know whenever I hear something.

:help:

Hi SlimShady. Have you called them? I have BCBS of GA also. My info was submitted on September 27th and i was approved October 12th.

I call at least once a week and athey always say that it is in review, whatever that mean. Should I talk to someone other that customer service

I have chosen Dr. Steinberg and Dekalb Medical for my surgery. I attended seminars both at Emory and DeKalb and was very impressed with the latte one. I had a hard time choosing between Dr. Steinberg and Dr. Menacherry. Dr. Menacherry will be assisting Dr. Steinberg for my surgery.

I have BC/BS Federal Employee program as my secondary insurance. Medicare is my primary. I received BC/BS approval in less than a week.

Could any of yall that have federal BCBS tell me how you got your pre approval??? They are telling me to go ahead with the surgey and then they will review it for medical necessity. Of course my dr won't do anything until we have the approval from them because he wants to be assured he will get paid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The gal that handles insurance at my doctor's office called BC/BS. She said that they told her that I didn't need approval but it wouldn't hurt to send in my paperwork anyway. She did and in less than a week I got an approval letter from them. They forwarded it to the doctor also. They state that they require precertification before any hospital stay so why wouldn't they need to see your paperwork. I am a little different as BC/BS is my secondary insurance.

Could any of yall that have federal BCBS tell me how you got your pre approval??? They are telling me to go ahead with the surgey and then they will review it for medical necessity. Of course my dr won't do anything until we have the approval from them because he wants to be assured he will get paid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeannie,

Has Dr. B already sent the paperwork to the insurance company?

It only took about 1&1/2 weeks to get mine back. That's strange to me that the insurance co. says to go ahead and they will review it later...weird. Anyway, hope you get approved soon.

Pamela

Banded 9-20-07

weight.png

Just wanted to say that I am from Albany, GA. My mother-in-law had the lap band placed by Dr. Bagnato aprrox. 3 years ago. She did well with it, but it slipped about 6 months ago. Dr. Bagnato went in and tried to repair but she had severe erosions so they took it oout, allowed time for the erosions to heal and she just had it replaced about 1 month ago. Dr. Bagnato has gone out of his way to help her. She even cuts his hair now!

I am having the band place actually tomorrow, but unfortunately I don't have insurance that covers it ( I work at Phoebe), so I am going out of state to have it done. I will keep you posted!

Hi everyone!

My history... I am 27 years old. I weigh 245 and am 5 feet 3 inches. I've done Jenny, Atkins, and swallowed those horrible trimspa pills!!

I am meeting with my doctor today to talk about the possibilty of the surgery and I'm wondering if anyone has gone through Blue Cross??