Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie from Georgia

Pamela

i have no idea why i am getting the run around from BCBS but I am sick of them. The guy from Bcbs i talked to yesterday even had the nerve to ask me if I had ever tried to diet and then when I ent off on him advised me that bcbs would cover my psychological evaluation. Dr B is trying to get it straightened out for me his office has been wonderful.

Welcome to LBT(lap band talk)..congrats on your surgery...sounds like you are doing great...hang in there and get ready for a wonderful journey...the band is the best...I love mine...

Has anyone used Dr. Scott Steinberg?

I am going to Dr. Steinberg's seminar tomorrow (10/18) at Dekalb and plan to have him do my surgery if everything goes ok and I am approved and everything.

Kathy

Pamela

i have no idea why i am getting the run around from BCBS but I am sick of them. The guy from Bcbs i talked to yesterday even had the nerve to ask me if I had ever tried to diet and then when I ent off on him advised me that bcbs would cover my psychological evaluation. Dr B is trying to get it straightened out for me his office has been wonderful.

Jeannie,

Sorry you're having such a hard time with them. Is your BMI high enough? Do you have any other weight related problems? It doesn't make any sense to me. Dr. B's office handled everything for me and i didn't have to do anything.

Hi everyone!

My history... I am 27 years old. I weigh 245 and am 5 feet 3 inches. I've done Jenny, Atkins, and swallowed those horrible trimspa pills!!

I am meeting with my doctor today to talk about the possibilty of the surgery and I'm wondering if anyone has gone through Blue Cross??

Hi Minnie,

I have BCBS federal insurance. I didn't have a problem with them but some people say they have. I was approved in less than 2 weeks. Congratulations and keep us posted. Good luck!

I have bc/BS of Georgia city of Atlanta. My paper work was sent in 30 days ago. I have not gotten a response yet. I have called and have spoken to customer service, they transferme to the approval Dept. I leave a message and noone return my calls... I am baffled

Pamela

I have a bmi of 40, high blood pressure (136/104 at my last dr visit) and severe arthritis in my back and hips. Dr B is trying his hardest I only have good things to say about him and his staff, but I hate Federal BCBS at this point. No on can explain why they are giving me a hard time and they have not done it to any other patient they have handled. Jus tmy luck like I needed one more thing to raise my blood pressure :rolleyes:

Pamela,

Your story sounds so much like mine. I too have PCOS. I was very athletic in school and very thin. I remember telling my high school sweetheart (now my husband) that if I ever weighed over 150 pounds to just shoot me and put me out of my misery. Well, I'm glad he didn't. That was over 100 pounds ago. Near the end of high school I began to gain weight. When we got married I went on BCP for 1 year. When I got off the pill I didn't have periods. I was diagnosed with PCOS. To make a long story not so long, we to experienced infertility. Like you, after years of trying to conceive we were blessed with a baby boy. He is now 8 and has brought us such joy. In February of this year a cocaine addicted young lady in our town (who I didn't know) called and asked if I would take care of her 2 month old son so she could go to rehab. Since I have a knack for taking care of everyone but me, of coarse I said yes. The state was fixing to place him in foster care. He was drug exposed. Really sad. Anyway, he is almost 11 months old and we will finalize his adoption before his first birthday. His birthmom couldn't get it together and realized that he is better here, so she relinquished her rights to us. Now we have 2 miracle children, but aren't they all. Anyway, I am going to be banded on Wednesday. Only 6 days left of this nasty liquid diet!!!!

I have a problem with abnormal Hair growth, maily on my face and arms. This is not uncommon. Do you struggle with this and does your doctor think that losing weight will reverse some of that. Sorry this post is soooo long. I just felt a real connection with your story. It was like I was reading my own. Best of luck to you

Wow, renewedhope, it sounds like we have alot in common. I too struggle with hair. It sucks but but my doctor does think that losing weight will help. Congratulations on getting your surgery date!! Children are miracles and somehow make things easier. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress. God Bless!

We do have a lot in common. It is very encouraging to see that you have allready lost over 30 pounds. YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I look forward to watching your progress

Hi Minnie,

I have BCBS federal insurance. I didn't have a problem with them but some people say they have. I was approved in less than 2 weeks. Congratulations and keep us posted. Good luck!

Thank you ! My doc submitted my request (or so she said) and I was sent for blood work this morning. She said we will have to wortk together to build a case. Im so excited!!

I finally got my prior approval, thank you all for yourhelp and support. Now i can get excited....