Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th week post op have not lost weight sense week one.

Have not lost any weight after one week post op I'm just now past my fourth week. HELP what am i doing wrong?

When i awake i drink one 11 oz premier Protein shake 30g Protein

sometime a apple sauce fat free for snack

2oz twice a day of the most leanest hamburger meat plain about 4grams of fat per serving

another 11 oz premier Protein Shake

4-6 mile bicycle ride

i have gained weight last week, getting so discouraged that this was a waste of time.

Edited by bentlnick

I had a couple week stall after surgery as well, it did end. Sometimes your body just has to adjust. You may not be consuming enough and your body may be storing as well, I would talk to your nutritionist and see if they can give you some good targets. I know for me I drop better when I am on real food and not just shakes. Also watch your Fluid intake and push to increase that, it helps. Oh and try to avoid reading the how much everyone is loosing threads, everyone looses at different rates and when in a stall it can be super hard to read about others dropping huge numbers quickly

Please don't be discouraged. We're in this for the long haul and it definitely isn't a quick fix. I'm three weeks post op and to be frank with you, I don't focus on the scale. The last time I checked the scale was when I had my two week follow up appointment Thursday of last week. But my goal for now is to hit my Water and Protein intake and of course incorporate a healthy dose of exercise. So,just from personal experience don't just focus on weight lost. Maybe weight yourself every other week or once a month. Best of luck!

Don't worry, your body has just not adjusted yet. Keep up the Protein and Water, as well as the excercice, it will come off. Try different white Proteins as well, fish, chicken etc.

Don't focus on the scale, and remember everyone's body is different so will have different results. Although you may not see the number drop, you also might be adding muscle as well to balance out the fat loss.

For the past week, I haven't lost anything, I actually gained a couple pounds, yet I dropped another pant size during this time. All the walking is increasing my muscle apparently. Keep positive. It will start soon I'm sure.

I'm right there with you. I'll be two weeks post op on Friday and I haven't lost anything since Saturday. It is extremely frustrating. I just keep telling myself it will get better.

Check the Carbs in your Protein Shake, I use whey isolate because its lower in Carbs. Also 1 cup of applesauce has 43 Carbs so you might find a different snack that works better with your Diet Macros. What types of drinks do you have during the day? The Ketogenic Lifestyle is what I have been doing for the last 3 months and by keeping my Carbs at or Below 20 I have been Blessed to have good loses. The final piece is you might be having several NSV Non scale Victories as your body is making the transition to fat Burning and Muscle building. Good Luck and we look forward to watching you make the transition.

Check the Carbs in your Protein shake, I use whey Isolate because its lower in Carbs. Also 1 cup of applesauce has 43 Carbs so you might find a different snack that works better with your Diet Macros. What types of drinks do you have during the day? The Ketogenic Lifestyle is what I have been doing for the last 3 months and by keeping my Carbs at or Below 20 I have been Blessed to have good loses. The final piece is you might be having several NSV Non scale Victories as your body is making the transition to fat Burning and Muscle building. Good Luck and we look forward to watching you make the transition.

My surgery was Feb 28 and, having followed all of the rules, my weight loss has been disappointing. I also find that I am not voiding as often as I would have with all of my fluids, pre-surgery. So, yesterday at my follow up visit with my GP, I finally got some encouragement. Here's what she said. "You are still in protection mode with your body. It
does not know that you did this on purpose. Your body will hold onto everything it can until it knows it's okay to let go". What a tremendous help that simple statement turned out to be. So now I'm continuing with the plan for Week Two and relaxing. Hope this helps

My surgery was Feb 28 and, having followed all of the rules, my weight loss has been disappointing. I also find that I am not voiding as often as I would have with all of my fluids, pre-surgery. So, yesterday at my follow up visit with my GP, I finally got some encouragement. Here's what she said. "You are still in protection mode with your body. It
does not know that you did this on purpose. Your body will hold onto everything it can until it knows it's okay to let go". What a tremendous help that simple statement turned out to be. So now I'm continuing with the plan for Week Two and relaxing. Hope this helps

Tremendous help and encouragement nonnilynn!! I also was sleeved Feb. 28th, I have been really frustrated with my weight loss. I felt like I was doing something wrong but your comment makes perfect sense!

I basically just joined this site to write the exact same post. I lost about 30 lbs right after surgery but have stalled since then. My surgery was January 17th. I have only lost about 5 lbs since my last follow up appointment (Feb. 22). I was freaking out that I was doing something wrong but this post made me feel much better!

I'm frustrated too. I'm 9 days post op and the past two days the scale has gone up. Yes I'm an everyday weighed, it has to keep me on track. I know I can't be possible gaining weight since I'm still on liquids and probably the most calories I've ingested is probably around 500. It's just annoying to see (especially since I have my recheck tomorrow and I was hoping for a better number). I don't think my body likes being in such a prolonged extreme deficit.

I'm right there with you. I'll be two weeks post op on Friday and I haven't lost anything since Saturday. It is extremely frustrating. I just keep telling myself it will get better.

Don't even get on the scale! My Doctor told me that when I was discharged! But I sneaked on it anyway and had drop 20 lbs 3 days after surgery! Since then I have dropped two bra sizes and my size 16 clothes are all too big! So I know I'm loosing inches which is better the pounds because it means I'm not loosing muscles! So hang in there it's going to come off! Drink Drink Drink your water!

Don't even get on the scale! My Doctor told me that when I was discharged! But I sneaked on it anyway and had drop 20 lbs 3 days after surgery! Since then I have dropped two bra sizes and my size 16 clothes are all too big! So I know I'm loosing inches which is better the pounds because it means I'm not loosing muscles! So hang in there it's going to come off! Drink Drink Drink your water!