Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days out, remorseful, worried and depressed

Well done I promise it does get better ???

I just got out of hospital yesterday. I spent an extra day there because I had an adverse reaction to the Love box (heparin)..I started throwing up bright red blood and had it coming out both ends. I was so scared. I thought....what have I done. I'm home now and feel pretty good. Just sore where incisions are. Did anyone else have a reaction like this to blood thinner?

Eek! No! I am on the shots for 2 weeks. That must have been scary!

I've been on with the shots too. Keeping getting waves of fatigue though. Anyone getting this? Was fine from 9.30 am and now at 4-5pm I'm so tired I had to go lay down it's horrible :(

I've been on with the shots too. Keeping getting waves of fatigue though. Anyone getting this? Was fine from 9.30 am and now at 4-5pm I'm so tired I had to go lay down it's horrible [emoji20]

I was sleeved the day before you. I needed naps over the weekend, but have been good since then. Are you able to get Protein yet? Are you meeting or exceeding your liquid goals?

Just now, clc9 said:

I was sleeved the day before you. I needed naps over the weekend, but have been good since then. Are you able to get Protein yet? Are you meeting or exceeding your liquid goals?

Yeah I'm drinking enough I think about 800-900ml of Protein shake and 1-1.5 litre of Water a day. It's hard but sip sip sip. Might just be my underlying anxiety issues :-) my body doesn't like any sort of drugs lol they make my anxious even not getting a good sleep can leave me anxious all day

Wow! Such amazing advise from everyone! So great to have this forum. You will definitely have us and downs James but you will feel better with time. sleep is very important for your healing right now... mind , body and soul. Get what you can. Before you know it the last thing your gonna want to do is sleep! You are going to feel so good! You will still have moments of regret but those moments become more and more fleeting. I am just over 9 Months out and if I eat something too fast or too much I still get those feelings but not as often. You just need to learn your new body and be cautious. You will be fine! Good luck!

It gets better with time ? Say strong it's all in the mind just makes you think what alternative you can eat instead ov junk food ?

Thank you everyone for such awesome replies. Things are getting easier. Had a little episode yesterday seemed similar to the symptoms of dumping syndrome I'm not sure if that's normal for the sleeve?

Anyway did anyone else struggle to sleep after surgery? I stayed up till 11-12 last night to try and get tired but I'm still tossing and turning all night. Don't feel like I got much sleep at all? What helped you sleep?

2 hours ago, Jamesarwin said:

Thank you everyone for such awesome replies. Things are getting easier. Had a little episode yesterday seemed similar to the symptoms of dumping syndrome I'm not sure if that's normal for the sleeve?

Anyway did anyone else struggle to sleep after surgery? I stayed up till 11-12 last night to try and get tired but I'm still tossing and turning all night. Don't feel like I got much sleep at all? What helped you sleep?

Very common to have trouble with sleep following surgery. I was stuck in the hospital for 6 days because of some complications, so by the time I got home my sleep schedule was absolutely destroyed from being woken up every 2-3 hours for tests. Once I was home I would wake up every night around 2 a.m. and could not go back to sleep to save my life. I did better by giving up on trying to fall back asleep and just went downstairs to watch TV. Watching old shows tends to put me out so I would eventually doze off. It took a few days but eventually my sleep did get better and started making it through the night again. Just avoid trying to tire yourself out by doing too much around the house.

What did you experience that made you feel like you had dumping syndrome? Typically that isn't something you should experience with a sleeve. Was it just a matter of drink/protein not going down easy?

1 hour ago, orionburn said:

Very common to have trouble with sleep following surgery. I was stuck in the hospital for 6 days because of some complications, so by the time I got home my sleep schedule was absolutely destroyed from being woken up every 2-3 hours for tests. Once I was home I would wake up every night around 2 a.m. and could not go back to sleep to save my life. I did better by giving up on trying to fall back asleep and just went downstairs to watch TV. Watching old shows tends to put me out so I would eventually doze off. It took a few days but eventually my sleep did get better and started making it through the night again. Just avoid trying to tire yourself out by doing too much around the house.

What did you experience that made you feel like you had dumping syndrome? Typically that isn't something you should experience with a sleeve. Was it just a matter of drink/protein not going down easy?

Regarding the dumping syndrome. I'm not sure if it's right but here's what happebed

i felt ok until about 2pm. I had 350ml Protein shake and 1 and a half cups of coffee with 2 sugars. After my second half I started feeling weird light headed and dizzy. I was just pacing up and down my living room getting really anxious for about 40 minutes or so. Then all of a sudden my bowls let go with pretty serve diarrhoea. A lot of the symptoms I was feeling left almost immediately but after that I had really really bad anxiety for about mother 45 minutes then I was so fatigued I had to go straight to bed I couldn't sleep but I was so so so tired. About 2 hours later or so I felt a fair bit better

14 minutes ago, Jamesarwin said:

Regarding the dumping syndrome. I'm not sure if it's right but here's what happebed

i felt ok until about 2pm. I had 350ml Protein shake and 1 and a half cups of coffee with 2 sugars. After my second half I started feeling weird light headed and dizzy. I was just pacing up and down my living room getting really anxious for about 40 minutes or so. Then all of a sudden my bowls let go with pretty serve diarrhoea. A lot of the symptoms I was feeling left almost immediately but after that I had really really bad anxiety for about mother 45 minutes then I was so fatigued I had to go straight to bed I couldn't sleep but I was so so so tired. About 2 hours later or so I felt a fair bit better

Are you drinking Decaf coffee? Regular coffee is more likely to cause a case of diarrhea, but decaf can still be a culprit. How long did it take you to get the shake and coffee down? If you drank all that in a short period of time I can see it being similar to dumping syndrome. Your intestines simply may not have been able to handle that much in a short time. Fluids pass through the stomach quickly so it literally may have run right through you.

I had sleeve done this Monday and I and am having some of the same problems. I am hungry! I have been trying to limit myself to 3 Oz max at a time but I feel like I could drink more. I started Protein shake today but I still want food. Am definitely regretting this but everyone says it gets better and will be worth it

I wish I could drink 10oz at s time! 2-4oz max