Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days out, remorseful, worried and depressed

I drink x3 60g Protein Shakes 310ml 200ml Soup to brews Water if I can get it in 50cl glass ov milk with powdered milk in tryed purée food today got pain on left side and top shoulder so will speak to nut on Monday hopefully it will just be gas and will pass x

2 hours ago, mymarth said:

Why only 3 oz? On day 3 they had me drinking 10oz 3 times a day...

That's what the surgeon told me my stomach could hold for now.

I'm 18 days post op and very depressed. I'm hungry all the time and craving everything! I am hoping this will pass as I was told by a friend that regret and depression can be normal. Good luck, I hope you feel better very soon!

1 minute ago, cinranson said:

I'm 18 days post op and very depressed. I'm hungry all the time and craving everything! I am hoping this will pass as I was told by a friend that regret and depression can be normal. Good luck, I hope you feel better very soon!

My depression is slightly better but my anxiety is still there. Taking it day by day! My friends sat here eating a big kebab and all I can think about is how I'm never going to be able to binge on a big kebab again:-(

but i I guess that's what got me here

keep your head up mate! It will get me better

This surgery destroys your personal life and . You can't enjoy eating out. You will have lots health issues over the years not immediately or maybe immediately.

So yea depression and anxiety will be common.

2 minutes ago, AnneElliot said:

This surgery destroys your personal life and . You can't enjoy eating out. You will have lots health issues over the years not immediately or maybe immediately.

That's not what I wanted to hear, lol.

6 minutes ago, AnneElliot said:

What kind of health issues have you experienced ?

12 hours ago, AnneElliot said:

I am 2 months out and have had a better social and personal life than in a long time. I have been out to parties (still not eaten out) and I have enjoyed my new found confidence. I feel it is a little bit drastic to conclude that this will destroy personal life and lead to health issues for everybody...

13 hours ago, Jamesarwin said:

That's not what I wanted to hear, lol.

Some people on this sight aren't happy with their decisions, so rather than try to embrace the benefits of the surgery they choose to focus on all the negative things. Then they pretend to be some keyboard savior by trying to scare others away from having surgery. It's ultimately up to you and what you feel best for yourself. I've heard some people use the argument that you'll never be able to take ibuprofen again. Oh noes! Because my having to rely on taking 600-800g 3x a day because of the constant pain I was in surely was a much better option.

There are pros & cons but you do what is best for you. Don't let some debbie downer try and scare you.

38 minutes ago, orionburn said:

Some people on this sight aren't happy with their decisions, so rather than try to embrace the benefits of the surgery they choose to focus on all the negative things. Then they pretend to be some keyboard savior by trying to scare others away from having surgery. It's ultimately up to you and what you feel best for yourself. I've heard some people use the argument that you'll never be able to take ibuprofen again. Oh noes! Because my having to rely on taking 600-800g 3x a day because of the constant pain I was in surely was a much better option.

There are pros & cons but you do what is best for you. Don't let some debbie downer try and scare you.

I do regret my desicion still, mainly due to the physiological problems I'm having st the minute. I feel like crap pretty much all day until the night time. 12 days in I can't drink much as I feel quite sick all the time, well not really sit just don't want to eat/drink anything have to force Water and Protein down myself.

Every morning i am so anxious for hours sit there regretting my desicion reading forums and I know it isn't good for me. Just had a huge panic attack about an hour into a 7 hour drive. was hoping the drive would take my mind off things I had to jump out of the car now I'm waiting at a motorway services for someone to come pick me up as the guy I was with has had to continue the journey.

im just sat here panicking anxious wondering what have I done to myself I just want to feel normal again ??

i think its worth mentioning I've been battling my anxiety for a few years now but the surgery has made it flare up really bad as feeling tired and things make me really anxious

I pray to god things get easier

19 minutes ago, Jamesarwin said:

I do regret my desicion still, mainly due to the physiological problems I'm having st the minute. I feel like crap pretty much all day until the night time. 12 days in I can't drink much as I feel quite sick all the time, well not really sit just don't want to eat/drink anything have to force Water and Protein down myself.

Every morning i am so anxious for hours sit there regretting my desicion reading forums and I know it isn't good for me. Just had a huge panic attack about an hour into a 7 hour drive. was hoping the drive would take my mind off things I had to jump out of the car now I'm waiting at a motorway services for someone to come pick me up as the guy I was with has had to continue the journey.

im just sat here panicking anxious wondering what have I done to myself I just want to feel normal again ??

i think its worth mentioning I've been battling my anxiety for a few years now but the surgery has made it flare up really bad as feeling tired and things make me really anxious

I pray to god things get easier

Definitely make an appointment with somebody to talk to about your anxiety. This surgery is by no means a walk in the park and the first few weeks are tough. All I can offer as advice is to try and focus on the good side of things. On Wednesday I'll be 6 weeks post-op and I feel better now than I have in years. That just makes me look forward to the continued weight loss and how I'll be feeling even better in the coming months. You can either choose to listen and follow people that are trying to pull you up, or listen to those that want others to wallow in their own personal misery. Luckily the majority of people on this site are very supportive and don't focus on pulling people down. I hope you can keep a positive attitude and find some peace in your decision. It will get better. You just have to hang in there.

1 minute ago, orionburn said:

Definitely make an appointment with somebody to talk to about your anxiety. This surgery is by no means a walk in the park and the first few weeks are tough. All I can offer as advice is to try and focus on the good side of things. On Wednesday I'll be 6 weeks post-op and I feel better now than I have in years. That just makes me look forward to the continued weight loss and how I'll be feeling even better in the coming months. You can either choose to listen and follow people that are trying to pull you up, or listen to those that want others to wallow in their own personal misery. Luckily the majority of people on this site are very supportive and don't focus on pulling people down. I hope you can keep a positive attitude and find some peace in your decision. It will get better. You just have to hang in there.

Thank you, I hope you're right I hope it gets easier.

going to book into my doctors but I don't see how they can help I've been down that route before I really don't want to take any benzos :-( the withdrawals are bad

3 minutes ago, Jamesarwin said:

Thank you, I hope you're right I hope it gets easier.

going to book into my doctors but I don't see how they can help I've been down that route before I really don't want to take any benzos :-( the withdrawals are bad

It will get better. The first 2-3 weeks were not that joyful for me either. Looking back I can tell you that the majority of my battles were mental rather than physical. Yes, eating was not fun (I hated everything) and I was down from being cooped up in the house. Once I was back to work I started feeling much better. My first week was absolute hell and I really wondered if I had made the right decision. I did my best to change my attitude, get up and do more rather than sitting around sulking, and try to get out of the house even if it was only for a short period of time.

I suffered from depression for years and sometimes just talking with someone will help. Doesn't mean you have to take meds but perhaps talking things out will at least help matters.

20 hours ago, AnneElliot said:

This is the dumbest thing I have read on here in a while, although I will admit I don't read or post as much as I used to.

I enjoy eating out all the time. My personal life is pretty fabulous too.

Why are you trying to spread distrust and misery Anne?

Wow I'm 4 weeks out and I'm fine. Can go out if I want and and when I want ? I'm looking forward to the journey ahead ? Started at 236lbs now at 183lbs.