Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2017 sleevers - how's everyone doing post-op?

How's everyone doing post-op? I just had my surgery yesterday, and other than the scars on my belly and general fatigue, I feel great. Don't know how long that's going to last though!

Had my surgery on Monday. Feeling great. I'm not hungry so getting my Protein and Water in is my main focus.

So awesome you feel good. My fears were gone after surgery. Probably because there is no turning back. Lol.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm in the hospital waiting to be discharged. I'm full of energy but liquids are a little harder to get in now. Will have to be careful and just keep sipping, sipping, sipping. I'm m so glad that it's finally finished - now I can really start my my life (I feel I've been hold for far too long).

Surprising I'm in a good amount of pain. I didn't expect it to end as bad being that I had a c section & I healed quick & easy but this is taking a toll on me mentally. Very sluggish, nauseous, irritable & sore. Trying to drink but eat the broth & Jello but I get so full real quick & most of the time I don't feel hungry. This is a major adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Was sleeved 5 days ago. Pain is tolerable. Haven't taken pain pills in 2 days. A little gas. Down 10 lbs in 5 days. That's exciting. I can't drink any more broth or Jello, so turned from it. Mainly the only thing I miss right now is sleeping on my belly!!!! Lol. I get to start full liquids on Monday. I CANT WAIT.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

3 hours ago, waltsgirly1 said:

Really sore and have lower back pain and my butt fell asleep from sitting so much. Hard to get comfortable

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, I had the same problem too. So I walked and walked and walked. Got to know most of the other patients and the nurses too.

Oh my. Had my surgery on 2/1 and I still feel pain...well I have a very low pain threshold. The first 5 days I was so sick. Couldn't get anything down at all. I threw up pretty much every time something got into my mouth. I am not hungry at all and really struggling to get my fluids and Proteins in, it's so hard. My sleeve only likes very hot fluids so trying to work with it. All in all it's day 10 and I think I am starting to feel better but my doctor has all his patients on 4 weeks liquid I don't know how I can't chew something in 4 weeks...smmmhhh. Then it's another 4 weeks of puréed no solids.....lawd!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Had my sleeve on Feb 10, and everything went well....Im almost thinking too easy, all but some gas pains.

On the first day after the procedure, I was able to 64oz Water, 3-4 oz of beef broth, and 4 sugar free Popsicles, plus did two significant walks

Woke up this morning, feeling hungry. In 3 hours, I had one Protein, EAS chocolate shake 11oz and 16oz of water.

Sleeved on 2-6. Released from hospital late evening on 2-8. Weighed myself for the first time this morning and am UP 4 pounds!!!!

Had a lot of nausea and pain so wasn't able to even melted ice chip down without vomiting.

This morning I am happy to say I've had 8 ounces of orange flavored Protein drink -sipped on it for almost an hour. I have been able to keep down 2 tablespoons of broth at a time. One sugar free Popsicle at a time. 2 tablespoons of diet cranberry juice. But nothing significant.

Yesterday was first day of regular liquid diet ( not clear fluids), I was only able to get in 2 ounces of a Protein  shake all day. It settled hard on my pouch.

Looking forward to walking with my family this afternoon. We are also going to go see the movie: A Dog's purpose. Should be fun.

Was sleeved on the 8th. Super nauseous and dry heaves like crazy in the hospital.

I did my walks and felt better but wow did not expect that.

Now that I'm home I find my back hurts like crazy and I think it's from the coughing I'm doing.

Struggling to get my Protein and liquids in though. Hoping it gets a bit easier as the days go by. Right now it's hard to get my walks in as I feel dizzy a lot. So I do a few minutes at a time.

Sleeved on Feb 8th and came home with a drain early on the 9th. Haven't needed pain meds but have been getting nasty Migraine headaches. I typically get 15-20 per month and was hoping they would be better after surgery. I'm doing well with getting in at least 60 grams of Protein a day and 60-80 oz of fluids. Very tired though and have been napping quite a bit. Have any of you tried Decaf coffee yet?