Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GUYS! Seriously, Protein chicken noodle soup that doesn't suck

I'm a big fan of homemade Soups. Especially my wifes chicken noodle Soup. However, she has outdone herself this time. She found tumeric Bone Broth Protein Powder and red lentil Pasta. Add that to chicken she pulls apart herself to get rid of as much fat as possible and you get a pretty damn good soup that is not only bariatric friendly, but the perfect macro blend. Protein, complex carb, and fluids!

She picked up a rotisserie chicken at the store to save some time.

The pasta: Water

• season the rest however you want
  • This makes 77 ounces. I logged this into my personal MFP recipe as 77 servings. Here is the breakdown:

Nutrition Facts Servings 77.0 Amount Per Serving calories 30 % Daily Value * Total Fat 1 g 1 % Saturated Fat 0 g 1 % Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 6 mg 2 % Sodium 147 mg 6 % Potassium 7 mg 0 % Total Carbohydrate 2 g 1 % Dietary Fiber 0 g 2 % Sugars 0 g Protein 3 g 6 % Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 0 % Iron 2 %

I fricken loved it. I had two cups and that is about 24 grams of protein. No matter what's in your bowl, you're getting protein! broth, meat, pasta... all protein!

Dammit! The formatting didn't stick. Sorry people. It dud look like a nutrition label when I pasted it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
        · 0 replies
        1. This update has no replies.
      • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
        · 0 replies
      • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
        It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
        · 1 reply
        1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
        · 3 replies
        1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
        Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
        · 0 replies
    • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
      and special product offers!
    • Together, we have lost...
        lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches