Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Mandy

I think it's good to be realistic. Hope the fill goes ok I am going on the 23rd.

Yes I am a teacher started back today and the children I teach are back on Monday properly. My own start back tomorrow - poor things.

We didn't go away in a motorhome we went away camping in a tent - great when the weather is good but not so great when you have to pack a wet tent away.

Anyway trying to stay focused, hope you are having a good week.

Take care

Are you going to London for your fill, thats where I am going. My appointment is at 12.20 :)

Are you going to London for your fill, thats where I am going. My appointment is at 12.20 :)

Yes appointment at 13:20 was earlier but when I tried to book train it went a bit pear shaped. So into London early and then out on a train at 3ish so that I can get back to teach in the evening.

Does anybody now which other date the fill is in October I know they are planning to do the 28th but just wondered if there was an earlier one?

Have a good day.

Hi was just wondering if anyone else will be going over on the 14th september to be banded? Would be good to meet others that will be their at the same time! xx

Hi Lou La Bell

I'm being done on the 10th leaving for home on the 13th. We might meet up in the hotel depending on what time you arrive.

If I don't see you, hope all goes well and we'll all hear how you get on when you get back:thumbup:

DISASTER!

Not having had a reply from Frederik confirming receipt of my deposit nearly a month ago I re-emailed him tonight to ask for the confirmation before booking my flights.

They cannot find my deposit!!!!!! :thumbup:

I have been onto our bank account online and the international transfer is there dated 11/8 £432 sent as 500euros. It left my account weeks ago.

He wants proof from my bank.

I am not very happy. I can't afford to pay it twice.

Ho Hum!:)

Well back into the swing of everyday life and (sorry for the foodie ref) Thank Crunchie it's Friday!

It's weigh in day today and I have my monthly so wasn't really hopeful but ...... (drum roll, party!)

:wub::thumbup:

I have lost 1.5lbs and 2.5 inches

So total loss is 16 inches and 19.5 lbs

Really pleased. I have also had a few solid meals aswell which I have chewed and chewed and they have gone down. We are so sociable at dinner that we chat about our days etc and this is really hard as you so need to concentrate so I find that dinner takes a little longer that's fine except that it is cold when I am near the end.

So I have an assessment today and yesterday I purchased a beautiful new top which is just gorgeous and makes me look slimmer! So wearing it to make me feel very positive!

At yoga last night one of my clients said "Have you lost weight?" so I was really pleased as I didn't think anyone would notice. I know that I have and my clothes are very baggy (and are starting to look silly) I am hoping to drop down to a smaller size in the rearranged wardrobe so another few weeks and hopefully I will be there.

I am amazed that I am still losing as there are other on this thread who have had wonderful loss for the first few weeks and then come to a standstill. The only thing I can put my loss down to is that I am really strict about how much I eat and what I eat. Plus I also have a herbalife shake most days to ensure I get the Protein, Vitamins & minerals.

We'll see what the loss is like next week.

Anyway have a lovely weekend and I'll pop in again soon. :)

well done chuck !!!! thats great news .......

i havnt stepped on scales this week ,I have been really good up to now , cant say that first fill has made much difference tho , 2nd one due 28th sep, thinking of going early oct for third ,

will do weigh in tommorow and let you know ,,,,,

I'm so impressed that you all manage to resrict yourselves to regular weigh days. I'm a nightmare! Whenever I'm on a diet I'm on and off the scales every day. I'm going to have to get the kids to hide them!

This time next week, it'll be all over for me can't wait

Hi Lou La Bell

I'm being done on the 10th leaving for home on the 13th. We might meet up in the hotel depending on what time you arrive.

If I don't see you, hope all goes well and we'll all hear how you get on when you get back:thumbup:

We arrive at 1.45pm on the 13th so will probably miss each other? Likewise i hope all goes well for you, we can compare notes when we get back lol. I'll be thinking of you, all the best when the time comes! xx

clare and emsey you have great weight losses,im eating the same as i was before the band,i think i have put a couple of pound back on lol so your all doing fab and good luck to the ones going over soon:thumbup:

Hi all been a while off for my first fill next week really happy with my weight loss so far 48lb In total and still going strong, the band has given me the focus to stick to a low fat diet and any time I have gone to stuff my face without thinking I get a nasty reminder from the band. It has changed the way I think about food and so far I cannot say anythi g negative about the whole experience of having a lap band fitted.

All I can say to anyone have it done shortly is good luck and be ready to accept a big change to your life, for me I have never been so posative in my life and look forwArd to every day.

Regards all.

I am feeling a bit depress now!! as i am not losing any weight even though i don't eat a lot and eating a healthy diet.I am going to book for my first fill but I am not too sure if that's gong to make any difference!

I am feeling a bit depress now!! as i am not losing any weight even though i don't eat a lot and eating a healthy diet.I am going to book for my first fill but I am not too sure if that's gong to make any difference!

Laila

Try not to feel too bad, I went through the exact same thing and it has taken the 3rd fill for my weight to really start moving - I went through almost 3 months of losing/gaining nothing which was awful but it will start working once you get too restriction

I am now losing an average of 2lbs a week which I am pleased with and I have lost almjmost 2.5 stone now which is fab but it has taken 6 months to get that far

Research "Bandster hell" and you will see we are not alone - a lot of people lose nothing for months and start to think they are a failure and have wasted their money - but it will work - just give it time and make sure you are eating enough otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and you will either gain weight or lose nothing at all

Kerry xx

lemma1968 have they found your money yet??

You shouldnt have a lot of trouble getting proof...I hope. What an awful thing to happen, I'm so sorry.

I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it.

Sorry Sammy, havent been on for a while been babysitting every day, and when I get home and make the tea and clean up, I'm falling asleep.

You have done so well losing so much weight, you go girl!!!

Thanx Slinx for your sweet words, I feel a lot better except , last night I lost my tea, and it wasnt a great deal, just my fave ...curry.

I have so much trouble eating anything spicy or hot (curry) these days and I just love curries.

Is anyone going to get banded on 29th October?

My daughter is going and I'm going with her, I'm really looking forward to it.

Though she's worried that I might not be able to find my way back to the hotel on my own, she thinks I'm too old, and get lost easily lol...damn cheek.

thanks scooby doo! I hope it works for me.

well done to all on your successs , for those havng hard time . keep faith it will work .........

well i did my weigh in yesterday , 4.5pnd lost this week , 2.3 stone since band , 3 stone since pre op diet , well chuffed !!!! still got a long way to go .......... i have started doing 30 min excersise a day + walking as much as possible , which i think does help , i do find it hard with hunger , but im being really strict with my portion sizes and havnt had any treats yet,

for those who have hit a wall ,,,,, frederick advised me if this happens,to look at what i was eating and how much and reduce it also was i doing any excersise as it helps you losse 30% faster,

Good luck

Edited by pearce