Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Fatpants, you have done great!!! Well done you and good luck about TT.

Nicole, I didnt realise you were going so soon, hope to see you back here soon, take care of you.

Hi All

Off to see Dr Chris tomorrow in Edinburgh for fill no 2 - praying that he will give me max amount as I have no restriction and it is driving me nuts

I hope I have lost some weight too, between walking everyday for 90 minutes and cycling 3/4 times a week for 45 minutes I will go mental if my weight has stayed the same, plus side is my health is improving week by week with all this exercise - I was even out cycling at 6.30 this morning - keen or mad!?!?!?!

Good luck to Nicole - you will be fine hun and I am sure in a few days you will be glad you went ahead.

GazMic - where am I going wrong - you were banded after me and the weight is falling of you and it doesn't seem to be shifting for me - totally jealous lol, only kidding but you must be feeling so much better having lost the weight

Take care everyone

Kerry :biggrin: xxx

Hi All

Off to see Dr Chris tomorrow in Edinburgh for fill no 2 - praying that he will give me max amount as I have no restriction and it is driving me nuts

I hope I have lost some weight too, between walking everyday for 90 minutes and cycling 3/4 times a week for 45 minutes I will go mental if my weight has stayed the same, plus side is my health is improving week by week with all this exercise - I was even out cycling at 6.30 this morning - keen or mad!?!?!?!

Good luck to Nicole - you will be fine hun and I am sure in a few days you will be glad you went ahead.

GazMic - where am I going wrong - you were banded after me and the weight is falling of you and it doesn't seem to be shifting for me - totally jealous lol, only kidding but you must be feeling so much better having lost the weight

Take care everyone

Kerry :biggrin: xxx

What time is your appointment, I'm in at 12.20

I'm at 11.20 and normally would hang around to meet you for coffee but hubby is coming with me and he needs to be back for work at 2

Kerry xx

Hi everyone, especially the people that know me!!

its not worked for me just now as i cant get through to get my fills which is def needed....takes too much time a nr 6 hr there and back journey just now!!!

thinking about going to edinburgh now my contract with WLS has ended as would be nearer and quicker even though i think WLS and Wendy are brilliant!!

god i wish she could visit Edinburgh or somewhere else in Scotland!!?????:eek:

ok ALL the best to everyone on your journey..will be difficult but keep up the fight as it WILL be worth it!:thumbup:

p.s

not givin up yet!:)

Edited by timeisnow

hi does anyone know if dr chris or freddy do fills in belfast or is it just dublin thanks:blink:

I'm at 11.20 and normally would hang around to meet you for coffee but hubby is coming with me and he needs to be back for work at 2

Kerry xx

Sorry I missed you!

Fatpants

Sorry I missed you!

Fatpants

How did you get on today, he gave me my 2nd fill, put 2.25 in taking me to a total of 5.25 in 7ml band so hoping will have some restriction now and get the weight loss going in the right direction

What time did you arrive at the clinic as it was 12 before I left due to him running late

Kerry x

Hi everyone. Could someone tell me why it is liquids only for 2 days after a fill? Its no problem doing that, I just wondered why?! Also, I've been having sparkling mineral Water to drink with no problems at all. Why are we advised not to drink carbonated drinks? Should I stop drinking it? Will I be doing any damage to my band? I've stopped drinking pepsi max and fizzy diet vimto but struggled to give up my fizzy water!!! Also I have a couple of lagers at the weekend again with no problem - is that really bad for my band? (I know alcohol is empty calories but a couple of drinks at the end of the week is my treat as I'm not mad on chocolate and am good food wise!)

Sorry for all the questions!! This forum is a life saver!

Lindsay, I think the liquids thing is to ease your band in to accepting food, not too sure though and it certainly helps tighten it (from personal experience).

I drink fizzy stuff, but sometimes it backs up, I dont know if it does any harm to the band, nobody has ever said it does. I cant see how it would really, but maybe someone else knows?

You deserve the drinks at the weekend, you are being soo good!!!

I have read that a couple of drinks actually helps you to lose weight.

Sorry I cant be of more help hunny, I'm sure someone else can.

I've just been reading back to this time last year and there are so many girlies that havent been on here for a long time. I wonder how they are all doing now????

How did you get on today, he gave me my 2nd fill, put 2.25 in taking me to a total of 5.25 in 7ml band so hoping will have some restriction now and get the weight loss going in the right direction

What time did you arrive at the clinic as it was 12 before I left due to him running late

Kerry x

Wow, you did well I think I had 4 fills before I got to 5.25! Lucky you. I didn't get restriction until I was at 6mls. but I have had a couple of hiccups and had to be defilled twice! It's a long story, actually I'm sure I've told it on here!

Well I booked the wrong train so didn't actually arrive in edinburgh till 1.30.

Good luck & take care

Fatpants

Yuk, just experienced a horrific bout of productive burping - not pleasant. Had my fill done 4 days ago and this morning thought I would try a little scrambled egg - not a good idea - after 3/4 mouthfuls I was in pain and over the last 30 minutes have been bringing it back up

What causes it, I chewed properly and ate really slowly and it was soft foods, not having egg again for a while. Also its not just the food that comes back up its accompanied by a thick gloopy saliva - again why is that?

Anyone know how long this will last - gonna stick to liquids again today to give my stomach a rest again just in case.

Kerry xx

Sounds like you're a bit over-filled Scoobs, thats how I was.

Try eating a little later in the day, sometimes I couldnt eat until lunchtime, and could never eat egg, well just the yolk, of a poached or boiled egg, but never scrambled hun.

I think after each fill, you have to try everything before you find what you can eat, cos every little bit of saline, changes everything, or maybe thats just me.