Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks jaynex, couldnt wait so rang bridget instead as still not heard. Have now been given some dates from Dr Chris -so 3 Aug it will be

Good luck with August 3rd xx:thumbup:

Please could somebody tell me how long the shoulder pain is likely to last. It has been two weeks now. Today, it was so painful at work that I was finding it hard to concentrate. Any suggestions of how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi Jayne

If im honest i was starving about the 5th to 6th day and couldn't cope with only drinks so started having Soups yoghurts etc and by second week was eating stew and cous cous as long as it was soft it was fine, and i got a lot of backing up and pain but now i can eat most things and since the first fill had hardly any backing up very strange, but i understand it takes time and can't wait for my next fill and hope i get to restriction then or somewhere near it anyway. I too felt really strange after the op was like a sink plug hole could hear and feel everything going down lol but after a few weeks u get to know how the bands working and start to work with it and im happy i ve never lost 20lb on a diet in 2 months but i have with the band and it feels great I miss fresh bread to and i could kill a sandwich at times but u get used to it and some days I can manage fresh bread but not often, u'll be fine hun and everyone is great on here always willing to help each other out, and 10lb in 10 days is fantastic keep up the good work

Julie xx

Thanks for your reply Julie. It is great to hear how people are getting on and you can't find this anywhere else. Take carexx

I think the shoulder pain you refer to is trapped wind.

Have you tried Remegel hunny? Different things work for different people, maybe a visit to your GP would be more fruitful.

I didnt get that, so sorry I cant help more, but I know a lot of people on here had it really bad.

Hi Jayne Elizabeth

I had horrendous gas pains and they lasted for nearly 4 weeks, the only thing that eased them was a lot of walking, making windmills with my arms and lying in bed at night with heat pad on it. Its because they inflate your stomach during surgery and although they try to geet most out inevitably some stays inside and it seems to head upwards in the body. At my worst i thought I was having a heart attack lol

It will gradually ease and after that you should not have any more uncomfortable pains from any part of the surgery

Take Care

Scooby Doo xx:thumbup:

I think the shoulder pain you refer to is trapped wind.

Have you tried Remegel hunny? Different things work for different people, maybe a visit to your GP would be more fruitful.

I didnt get that, so sorry I cant help more, but I know a lot of people on here had it really bad

Thanks Freckles for replying. I am sure it is trapped wind but I thought it would be gone by now. It seems to be worse in the afternoon. I think I will just have to perservere with it. This site makes me feel so much better. Its like a family.

Hi Jayne Elizabeth

I had horrendous gas pains and they lasted for nearly 4 weeks, the only thing that eased them was a lot of walking, making windmills with my arms and lying in bed at night with heat pad on it. Its because they inflate your stomach during surgery and although they try to geet most out inevitably some stays inside and it seems to head upwards in the body. At my worst i thought I was having a heart attack lol

It will gradually ease and after that you should not have any more uncomfortable pains from any part of the surgery

Take Care

Scooby Doo xx:thumbup:

Thanks Scooby Doo. That is exactly what it feels like at times like a heart attack not that I have had one one of those thank goodness.

Somebody gave me a tip earlier and that was to drink peppermint tea. Can't say I like flavoured teas but will try anything.

On the upside had my first proper dinner today.

Hope you are well. Thank you so much for replying ...Jaynex

good_morning_13.gif
Love the picturexx

Off to see Chris for a Tummy Tuck on the 6 July, got great price for flights to Charlerio Airport.

Please can anyone tell me about travel from Charlerio to the Campanille Hotel.

Thanks a bunch, sorry rushing to work no time to chat!

Fatpants! Take care of yourself!

Hi I'm going to Belgium for my op-3Aug. Very nervous but excited.Have you booked yet?

hi janni im booked for 27th and cant wait,it is exciting isn't it.sher where have you gone i hope all is okay hun.now to all the bandsters am i best wearing long trousers because of them stocking things you have to wear after op and what colour are they,and do any of you know if and where you can get cheap ciggis and booze thanks:wink2:

Hello Neennicole, welcome!!

Dr Chris recommends a low fat diet for the 2 weeks, in order to shrink your liver. You may also want to buy some Milk Thistle pills which are great for cleansing the liver.

Good luck hunny.

thanks freckles! i leave for brussels tomorrow. anyone have any advice on what i should bring to the hotel/ hospital?

thanks freckles! i leave for brussels tomorrow. anyone have any advice on what i should bring to the hotel/ hospital?

hi hun you will be fine,you will have to let us know how you get on lol,here is a list of what im taking

cup a Soup, spoon,mug,windeeze,gripe Water, nurofen melts,calpol 6+,tea and coffee, loose clothing to wear afterwoods and slip on shoes,washbag and hand towel,im gonna wear hos nighty and keep my pjs for the next night in hotel hope this helps hun good luck:wink2: