Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hey thats good isn't? i try and join that later and see if i know anyone else who is writting on the wall.

Hi All, I'm being banded next Wednesday by Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belgium. Just wondering if you'd mind telling me what kind of weight loss you achieved in the first 6 months, just so I can adjust my expectations. Also, any tips? Did you receive nutritional/dietary advice or do I need to research this by myself?

Any info, insight, tips would be much appreciated.

L

Hi All, I'm being banded next Wednesday by Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belgium. Just wondering if you'd mind telling me what kind of weight loss you achieved in the first 6 months, just so I can adjust my expectations. Also, any tips? Did you receive nutritional/dietary advice or do I need to research this by myself?

L

L

hi princess were all different i lost about 2 stone first 6 months,as for eating i just went with what my body allowed me to eat lol,have you been banded before as it says banded by acs on your message lol

Hi Wannabe, yep was banded by ACS but got a very dodgy band, never lost any weight or got any restriction until band slipped, lost a lot of weight but couldn't eat or drink a thing so as soon as it was fixed I gained all the weight again. Getting a new band with Dr. Chris this day next week and very apprehensive about the whole thing, can't belieive I have to do this again!

Thanks for getting back to me...have you reached your goal weight now? How long did it take you?

I have just sent Frederik an email because I am at the end of my tether and need a solution.

Here's the message:

I have a couple of queries that are, I feel, now at the stage of urgent. I am booked for an appointment on Thursday this week in London. Are you doing the clinic this Thursday?

I have been for the last couple of months (of and on) having a little difficulty with acid reflux. I have 6ml in my band and am below my target weight but now very concerned because I have good days and bad days but by no means am I able to eat a proper small meal. Although saying that I have been able to eat seeded bread with cheese (soft) as and when. I have also over the past few weeks managed a couple of pieces of Pasta (x 2) and small bits of chicken (approx 1/2 inch in size) and not been sick. I have survived mainly on Soup since December 2010 and I have to be honest I am fed up with eating just liquids. I am so exhausted as I am finding it difficult to get the right amount of Protein etc and my energy levels have plummetted over the last few weeks where I have to take a nap in the day (when I am not at work) beacuse I am so exhausted. I also have this horrible burning sensation and find that milk helps but amvery worried.

So do you think it would be a good idea to have a slight defill?

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Claire x

I have just sent Frederik an email because I am at the end of my tether and need a solution.

Here's the message:

I have a couple of queries that are, I feel, now at the stage of urgent. I am booked for an appointment on Thursday this week in London. Are you doing the clinic this Thursday?

I have been for the last couple of months (of and on) having a little difficulty with acid reflux. I have 6ml in my band and am below my target weight but now very concerned because I have good days and bad days but by no means am I able to eat a proper small meal. Although saying that I have been able to eat seeded bread with cheese (soft) as and when. I have also over the past few weeks managed a couple of pieces of Pasta (x 2) and small bits of chicken (approx 1/2 inch in size) and not been sick. I have survived mainly on Soup since December 2010 and I have to be honest I am fed up with eating just liquids. I am so exhausted as I am finding it difficult to get the right amount of Protein etc and my energy levels have plummetted over the last few weeks where I have to take a nap in the day (when I am not at work) beacuse I am so exhausted. I also have this horrible burning sensation and find that milk helps but amvery worried.

So do you think it would be a good idea to have a slight defill?

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Claire x

have you heard back from dr chris claire,i would get a defill if i were you and just see if it make any difference,hopefully you should be fit to eat a bit more normal food as in normal meals just small portions,it's better to try than be all annoyed about it and wind yourself up and prob tighten your band more lol hope your ok hun xx

Hi Wannabe, yep was banded by ACS but got a very dodgy band, never lost any weight or got any restriction until band slipped, lost a lot of weight but couldn't eat or drink a thing so as soon as it was fixed I gained all the weight again. Getting a new band with Dr. Chris this day next week and very apprehensive about the whole thing, can't belieive I have to do this again!

Thanks for getting back to me...have you reached your goal weight now? How long did it take you?

poor you princess you will have a better experience this time,must be so annoying having to go through this all over again,cant wait to see how you get on keep us posted xx

have you heard back from dr chris claire,i would get a defill if i were you and just see if it make any difference,hopefully you should be fit to eat a bit more normal food as in normal meals just small portions,it's better to try than be all annoyed about it and wind yourself up and prob tighten your band more lol hope your ok hun xx

No nothing yet

Planning to go for 1 ml but will listen to whoever is over and take their advice

Would be good to eat a more varied diet and not worried about the portion as long as I can have a little bit.

Gosh I didn't post anything about being annoyed - concerned yes

As for winding myself up again - no not really just when I eat or drink certin things it causes pain or the burning so just want this gone.

Thanks - how are you doing?

No nothing yet

Planning to go for 1 ml but will listen to whoever is over and take their advice

Would be good to eat a more varied diet and not worried about the portion as long as I can have a little bit.

Gosh I didn't post anything about being annoyed - concerned yes

As for winding myself up again - no not really just when I eat or drink certin things it causes pain or the burning so just want this gone.

Thanks - how are you doing?

lol when someone over here in ireland is worried or concerned we say dont let it annoy you that all lol,im fine claire weight loss is slow can only eat Soups and the odd sandwich but doing fine hun xx

lol when someone over here in ireland is worried or concerned we say dont let it annoy you that all lol,im fine claire weight loss is slow can only eat Soups and the odd sandwich but doing fine hun xx

Ok cultural ... ohh I think I need to come to Ireland and find out all about the culture. Did do 4 days a few years ago on retreat (yoga) in the Burren. Whereabouts are you? Have you found a weightloss support group? I visited another forum and found a local weightloss group who I met up with last week. It was lovely to meet others. They were a mix of bands, sleeves and bypass (either had or waiting to go in) but lovely and refreshing. Will pm you the details.

Are you happy eating only soups? Are you getting enough Protein, I have let the herbalife shakes slip and its this lack of protein that is now affecting my energy, my hair (it looks awful and hasn't really grown). So I am going to have a go tomorrow and reintroducing it all gradually over the week and and see where we go from there especially having a defill should all help go in the right direction. Although not sure how I feel about gaining weight. I have about 10lbs that I can play with so I just need to be mindful of that!

Do hope all ok with you and you are taking care of yourself.

All the best, speak soon

Claire

Ok cultural ... ohh I think I need to come to Ireland and find out all about the culture. Did do 4 days a few years ago on retreat (yoga) in the Burren. Whereabouts are you? Have you found a weightloss support group? I visited another forum and found a local weightloss group who I met up with last week. It was lovely to meet others. They were a mix of bands, sleeves and bypass (either had or waiting to go in) but lovely and refreshing. Will pm you the details.

Are you happy eating only Soups? Are you getting enough Protein, I have let the herbalife shakes slip and its this lack of protein that is now affecting my energy, my hair (it looks awful and hasn't really grown). So I am going to have a go tomorrow and reintroducing it all gradually over the week and and see where we go from there especially having a defill should all help go in the right direction. Although not sure how I feel about gaining weight. I have about 10lbs that I can play with so I just need to be mindful of that!

Do hope all ok with you and you are taking care of yourself.

All the best, speak soon

Claire

im in cookstown claire the centre of ni so good and no i havnt heard of any support groups local,but they all seem to be very private here and dont want anyone to know there buisness,where on the other hand i dont care who knows lol,i dont mind having soups as i was a picky eater before the band dont eat red meat fussy with white so was quite a strange eater lol lived on junk before he he,i manage the odd salmon sandwich the odd time but can only eat in on nimble bread, maybe when im a my target i might get fed up but im still looking on losing another 20 lb xx

what day is it you go princess,if you gone already you will be fine hun good luck xx

Booked for the 26th jan :0 well happy just sorted it and got all the money together..I hope just borrowing the last few hundred now! i not sure about the milk only diet probably because i dont like milk that much and never really have. but read into it, some surgeons seem to like it and others don't. One thing i read about it was it was starvation diet, really not sure i want to make myself really weak before surgery, i had a cold before christmas and it lasted about 4 weeks! i don't want another. I just got the email back from europe surgery and it says low fat diet and then we are on liquids only for 10 days after the procedure, if we do liquid only for 2 weeks before that going to be a month without solids i think its too much for me. I going to phone the office in the Uk and check but as i don't even like milk i probably will not go for it. But thanks anyway its good to hear what people are doing.

not long now btturkey bet your excited now hope your packed and read to go any last min questions just ask hun good luck

Nearly there! Leave for belgium on Monday at 7am....slightly apprehensive but mostly excited.

I've read the the most painful part of the surgery is the 'gas/wind' pains experienced immediately post surgey. So really I'm looking for advice on what sot of pain relief anybody used. I was thinking perhaps deflatine and/or windeeze as I know these to be very effective- just not sure if I will be able to use them? Also, in the hospital are you given anything for this type of pain or did you all have to self medicate.

thanks again for all your advice and support to date,

A, x

sorry rapdad i work night and get confused as there is no dates on post you have either had your surgery last week or today either way let us know how you are and if you ok x