Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oh Pearce I can't believe what bad luck you have had, you must be devastated. What are you going to do now? Will the NHS consider you for a band rather than having to pay for another one.

It is so tempting to push for super restriction but I guess it just shows that regardless of cost that taking it a bit at a time is the best option. I am so sorry for you.

My stomach has finally calmed down, no longer being sick thank god, stomach bug was awful. Band is still very restricted however I am managing Soups, yoghurts etc with little or no PB - on the plus side my weight is really starting to shift in the right direction and in the last week I have lost over 4 lbs and have hit the 60lbs mark so am quite delighted with that. I also managed to get into some lovely trousers in M & S today in a size 14....... I was ecstatic.

I am now on holiday for 10 days so gonna try and get out everyday for a good hike with the dogs and really boost the weight loss. I am determined to lose another 2 stones before Xmas and splash out on a party dress for the first time in my life.

My daughter measured me the other day and I have lost an amazing 15 inches off my tummy alone, and my boobs are shrinking by the second - much to hubby's annoyance lol.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry xx

Thank you, very pleased indeed :D I am just feeling slightly scared now about having to get a complete defill incase I go back to my old ways. Theres so many different opinions on this board I just dont know what to do, im assuming every surgeons advice will be different but if he says its for the best then what will be will be. Might enjoy some sandwiches for 8 months hehe :) Thanks for your help ladies x

Congratulations!!! I hope that I too get the good news of a band baby on board very soon.

Hello everyone else, nice to see freckles back on here, and hello to all the usual suspects and the newbies, hope you are all well

Not been on for ages, since last moan of issues following defill in May. I have been a proper grumpy mare!!! Given up smoking, but put on 2 stone in total since my 2.5ml defill on 26th May, a stone in the first few days which was literally all Water going back on, then i was bouncing up and down a few lbs and kept taking Water retention tablets to help, and then put on 7lbs in the 11 magnificent days we just had in Turkey.

Got back on Monday and went for my refill today and Chris Deprez could only get 1.5mls back in rather than the 2.5mls I had taken out, it just would not take any more and he really did try, so now have 6.5mls. I am gutted that I won't have enough restriction to drop at least a stone in the next 10 days ready for the appointment with IVF consultant on 8th August.

Annoyed with myself for having such a big defill even though it was on Dr Chris's advise as I was at the point where I was so dehydrated, possibly malnourished as I couldn't keep anything down and kept fainting, (my fault again for not getting an overfill sorted out) and now I am just praying that the consultant doesn't turn us away as I am over the 12st 7lbs weight limit and 30 bmi limit having come this far.

Pearce - gutted to read about whats happened to you, quite a drastic measure to remove the whole band though. What has Dr Chris or Freddie had to say? Can they sort you out again?

Best wishes all

C xx

Oh Pearce I can't believe what bad luck you have had, you must be devastated. What are you going to do now? Will the NHS consider you for a band rather than having to pay for another one.

It is so tempting to push for super restriction but I guess it just shows that regardless of cost that taking it a bit at a time is the best option. I am so sorry for you.

My stomach has finally calmed down, no longer being sick thank god, stomach bug was awful. Band is still very restricted however I am managing Soups, yoghurts etc with little or no PB - on the plus side my weight is really starting to shift in the right direction and in the last week I have lost over 4 lbs and have hit the 60lbs mark so am quite delighted with that. I also managed to get into some lovely trousers in M & S today in a size 14....... I was ecstatic.

I am now on holiday for 10 days so gonna try and get out everyday for a good hike with the dogs and really boost the weight loss. I am determined to lose another 2 stones before Xmas and splash out on a party dress for the first time in my life.

My daughter measured me the other day and I have lost an amazing 15 inches off my tummy alone, and my boobs are shrinking by the second - much to hubby's annoyance lol.

Hope everyone is well

Kerry xx

Well done Kerry. my boobs are non existent too now, but I am gonna get some new ones once we have been blessed with some babies!

I cant waIt to get back in my 14 jeans, only got a couple of weeks wear out of them in May, and I feel so uncomfy and bloated at the moment just from putting 2 stone back on so how I ever managed with the extra 7 odd stone on I will never know!

Glad you are feeling better tho and keep up the good work

C x

hello all

hi cant wait well done on your success are you pleased with your weightloss hun xx

TEST

Hi Guys

Been trying to post on here for a few days but kept crashing not sure whats been wrong. hope everyone is doing well.

Pearce - hope you have recovered from your surgery - what are your plans now?

Fatty Patty - great to hear from you again - you are doing really well congratulations

I am still at maximum restriction and OMG it is bloody hard work......... Especially when you have to cook family meals and cannot even have one mouthful. I am restricted to fluids and Soup really and would happily kill someone just now for something to chew lol.

I met an old colleague the other day and she was saying how fab I looked, what diet have you been on she asked, when I explained I had a band she said "Oh so you have cheated then"........... I was furious, this band was not a decision I made easy and nor has it been an easy journey, in fact would say it is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my entire life - cheating - absolutely not. I was so angry by her comments, how dare she pass judgement when she knows nothing about the life of a bandee.....

Anyway rant over - hope everyone is doing well. I am determined to lose another 2 stone by Xmas and get into that little black party dress - never had one in my life so should be great

Take Care

Kerry xx

Hi Guys

I am still at maximum restriction and OMG it is bloody hard work......... Especially when you have to cook family meals and cannot even have one mouthful. I am restricted to fluids and Soup really and would happily kill someone just now for something to chew lol.

I met an old colleague the other day and she was saying how fab I looked, what diet have you been on she asked, when I explained I had a band she said "Oh so you have cheated then"........... I was furious, this band was not a decision I made easy and nor has it been an easy journey, in fact would say it is the most difficult thing I have ever done in my entire life - cheating - absolutely not. I was so angry by her comments, how dare she pass judgement when she knows nothing about the life of a bandee.....

Kerry xx

People can be so ignorant, I have to admit there have been a couple of people who have responded to me in this way and I thought initially about giving them a piece of my mind but then I thought actually you are too ignorant to bother explaining it to and I just said that this may be an extreme choice but obviously this was the right thing for me after all take a good look and see the difference! (not bitchy but definately hinting that I was getting nearer to be where I was comfortable). Some people are too up there own arses to see anyone else and the work they have to do. A band is not easy and I fully synpathise with the cooking family meals and not eating them. Only in the last few weeks have I started to enjoy these family meals more. I have good restriction (6 mls in a 15ml band) but I have started to eat finally chopped spaghetti and I had 2 pieces of penne Pasta and chopped them up with the sauce the other evening. This is a first in a year!

My main meals consist of 3 small 0.5 inch pieces of chicken and a few veg or some rice (usually about 3 teaspoons) not a lot I keep meaning to take a photo of my meal size as everyone is quite shocked at what I don't have! My husband made nasi goreng the other evening and in order to add to the Protein I whisked and egg and made it into egg fried rice with mushrooms and turkey. What made I then took a 2 x tablespoons of and that was dinner the left overs were used for lunch the next day! People don't realise just how little you do need to exist and be healthy. We are a nation of over eaters! I sit and people watch a lot more now always did before but even more so when food is involved and I watch them shovelling it in and not pausing between forkfuls or gulping down a drink in between and think gosh I was like that once but my eating has changed so much. It's a good thing as I can honestly say I feel healthier than I did before and have more energy. Boy I had energy before but now I am like a missile!

So what am I saying - your restriction will ease and the weight will come off and you will be in a much better place but be patient as all good things come to those who stay focused on the main target. If you don't have one, set one and have mini targets to get to it and each time you achieve a mini target reward yourself.

Take care and stay focused.

Cx

People can be so ignorant, I have to admit there have been a couple of people who have responded to me in this way and I thought initially about giving them a piece of my mind but then I thought actually you are too ignorant to bother explaining it to and I just said that this may be an extreme choice but obviously this was the right thing for me after all take a good look and see the difference! (not bitchy but definately hinting that I was getting nearer to be where I was comfortable). Some people are too up there own arses to see anyone else and the work they have to do. A band is not easy and I fully synpathise with the cooking family meals and not eating them. Only in the last few weeks have I started to enjoy these family meals more. I have good restriction (6 mls in a 15ml band) but I have started to eat finally chopped spaghetti and I had 2 pieces of penne Pasta and chopped them up with the sauce the other evening. This is a first in a year!

My main meals consist of 3 small 0.5 inch pieces of chicken and a few veg or some rice (usually about 3 teaspoons) not a lot I keep meaning to take a photo of my meal size as everyone is quite shocked at what I don't have! My husband made nasi goreng the other evening and in order to add to the Protein I whisked and egg and made it into egg fried rice with mushrooms and turkey. What made I then took a 2 x tablespoons of and that was dinner the left overs were used for lunch the next day! People don't realise just how little you do need to exist and be healthy. We are a nation of over eaters! I sit and people watch a lot more now always did before but even more so when food is involved and I watch them shovelling it in and not pausing between forkfuls or gulping down a drink in between and think gosh I was like that once but my eating has changed so much. It's a good thing as I can honestly say I feel healthier than I did before and have more energy. Boy I had energy before but now I am like a missile!

So what am I saying - your restriction will ease and the weight will come off and you will be in a much better place but be patient as all good things come to those who stay focused on the main target. If you don't have one, set one and have mini targets to get to it and each time you achieve a mini target reward yourself.

Take care and stay focused.

Cx

Hi I am pretty new to all this, please bear with me :s Is it as hard as a diet, having a band, or do you actually fill full with a couple of table spoons of food? Is there more risk of slippage the fuller the band? I am scared. My bank have said they will be able to give a partial loan for the surgery and family are hopefully going to help with the rest, it is just finding the right surgeon. i want a bypass, but cant afford it, I will hopefully be able to afford a band. I have heard of Belgium being pretty good, did you have yours there?

Celtia x

Hi I am pretty new to all this, please bear with me :s Is it as hard as a diet, having a band, or do you actually fill full with a couple of table spoons of food? Is there more risk of slippage the fuller the band? I am scared. My bank have said they will be able to give a partial loan for the surgery and family are hopefully going to help with the rest, it is just finding the right surgeon. i want a bypass, but cant afford it, I will hopefully be able to afford a band. I have heard of Belgium being pretty good, did you have yours there?

Celtia x

Hello

Yes I went a year ago on the 31st July and haven't regretted having the band as it has helped me achieve where I wanted to be. Dr Chris and his team did a very good job for me. Don't get me wrong it's not an easy option and the journey certainly has its ups and downs and I have struggled at times to eat and spent quite a few months purely having liquids but that was my experience. There are plenty of others on here who have been able to eat what I would say are the normal foods.

All I can say is research all your options fully and the different types of surgery and what is available to you. Maybe the band is the right option but then you may get a different experience with the bypass. Only you will know what feels right for you.

HTH good luck on your journey.

Cx

Thanks MummiesBB :)

You have done amazingly, you must be so proud!

I was wondering how hungry you feel. That is my biggest issue, I never feel full for long. I know that I eat through habit too, and hopefully a band will help to break that habit. Chris sounds like the man to deal with!

What a week - been on holiday from work all week and today is the first day it hasn't rained. On the plus side gave me loads of time to clear out cupboards, wardrobes etc and get everything on Ebay - so far this week I have made £360 - totally chuffed. Can feel a wee shopping spree coming on.

My restriction is still full on so gonna try some whey Protein drinks next week to try and boost my energy levels a bit - hoping they will stop me feeling quite so drained and cold!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok, has anyone heard from Pearce??

I was talking to Gary McFall the other day and he seems to be doing well after having his band removed - managing to keep the weight loss going and still a Gym bunny, so pleased for him as he had a pretty rough time

Take care

Kerry xx

Thanks MummiesBB :)

You have done amazingly, you must be so proud!

I was wondering how hungry you feel. That is my biggest issue, I never feel full for long. I know that I eat through habit too, and hopefully a band will help to break that habit. Chris sounds like the man to deal with!

Thanks, yes I am chuffed.

Don't get hungry although do get very thirsty which is a good indicator that I don't drink enough so focusing on this at the moment to the detriment of food. Finding it difficult to eat without getting a pain in my back and I do chew chew chew!

Sure it will get better as I am trying to eat solids rather than drink liquids.

HTH

Take care

Cx

What a week - been on holiday from work all week and today is the first day it hasn't rained. On the plus side gave me loads of time to clear out cupboards, wardrobes etc and get everything on Ebay - so far this week I have made £360 - totally chuffed. Can feel a wee shopping spree coming on.

My restriction is still full on so gonna try some whey Protein drinks next week to try and boost my energy levels a bit - hoping they will stop me feeling quite so drained and cold!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok, has anyone heard from Pearce??

I was talking to Gary McFall the other day and he seems to be doing well after having his band removed - managing to keep the weight loss going and still a Gym bunny, so pleased for him as he had a pretty rough time

Take care

Kerry xx

Good motivation to sell things on ebay. I have this job to do.

Hope you feel warmer I had a similar situation a little while ago and now wear a haramaki and also had a tuned yoga session that focusedon warming up my kidney area and my thyroid. Has worked wonders I am warmer and still don't break a sweat but am feeling the warmth of the sun again!

Haven't heard from Pearce, do hope he is ok. We were banded on the same day so I really feel for him.

Good news about Gary so glad all is well for him.

Take care and look after yourself Kerry.

Cx

Hey guys, got an email from Freddy and he said he spoke to Dr Chris and he advised on a full defill :( blaaahhh really really dont want to!! I am going to book an appointment for the clinic next month and hopefully if I speak to him myself he will be really really nice to me lol! Hope everyone is well xx