Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I'm just gonna book the room at 59Euros which is about £49, I think maybe this time of year the cost has gone up, or maybe cos its a sunday.

Thank you for all of your replys...They are all really helpful.

I have contacted Bridgette and she has agreed to pay for hotel etc for me. Apparently they dont run this deal anymore but Frederick has agreed to it. She does seem really helpful. We will see.

I am so glad I havent had the experiance of booking with this Tulia Law... What a nasty thing to do.... I hope everyone who is having trouble with her gets their money back.

Scooby Doo - I am sorry to hear of your illness, that sounds like an awful thing to have gone through - hope you feel better soon.

I am really excited about having the surgery but nervous at the same time as dont know what to expect. All of your blogs have been really helpful and I know everyone reacts in different ways to others. Can anyone tell me when I will be able to get back to work? I dont do a manual job, im a financial advisor but dont want to take too much time off.

xx

hi i booked with bridgette she is really helpful, and you can phone her whenever you like for help.

lemma i hope your alright honey thinking about you this morning i am sure your in safe hands.keep us all posted how you are getting on :rolleyes2:

I have contacted Bridgette and she has agreed to pay for hotel etc for me. Apparently they dont run this deal anymore but Frederick has agreed to it. She does seem really helpful. We will see.

I am so glad I havent had the experiance of booking with this Tulia Law... What a nasty thing to do.... I hope everyone who is having trouble with her gets their money back.

Scooby Doo - I am sorry to hear of your illness, that sounds like an awful thing to have gone through - hope you feel better soon.

I am really excited about having the surgery but nervous at the same time as dont know what to expect. All of your blogs have been really helpful and I know everyone reacts in different ways to others. Can anyone tell me when I will be able to get back to work? I dont do a manual job, im a financial advisor but dont want to take too much time off.

xx

xx

Hi Sheree

You must be really excited to be all booked up - you wont regret it

Like you I also work in Finance and I took a weeks holiday and was absolutely fine to go back to work at end of the week - could easily have gone back after 2-3 days but everyone is different and you will know how quickly you normally recover from things

If you are flying over I would advise you take a pair of elasticated waist trousers as post op you are very swollen and blown up and when you take to the air its like your gonna pop lol, I took a pair of trousers which were a size too big with elastic waist and still had to roll them down on the flight under my tummy as they were digging into me.

If you need any help just shout - everyone on here is very helpful and will only ever tell you the truth - no rosy pictures here - just real information which I found really helpful and a great support during my operation and immediately after

And you right i got the fright of my life with the infection especially when I was admitted to hospital as an emergency as they were worried it would spread to my brain.... not pleasant however on the mend now and hopefully behind me

Take care

Kerry xx

hey sheree well done !! I am so looking forward to losing the weight, its not been easy for me as i love chocolate and its really bad to eat it when i paid for the band! but i am still losing weight, i have now told my partner that its band from the house no more chocolate in the fringe to temp me.

i booked with bridget as well and i am really happy she has been really helpful, i think the main thing sounds like its good they got rid of tulia. bridget always answers the phone and emails and thats great with me:closedeyes:

Hi guys. Had the op yesterday and yes I do feel like I have been kicked by a donkey.

Today the nurse came and took the wound drain out and said I could have a wash.

When I got back to my bed I looked down and there was blood everywhere.

Next thing I have nurses in with packs to try and stop the bleeding from the drain opening. It would not stop, Frederik came to assist then Dr Chris turned up.

I was given a local anaesthetic and he has stitched the hole up where the drain was. I have to have an ultrasound at 12 to see if there is an internal bleed. If there is then I have to go back down to theatre. If not then they will take me on to xray to check the band etc.

It's been a scary morning folks and it's not over yet. Fingers crossed all will be ok x

You poor thing. I hope it's not internal bleeding. I'm hoping to have my operation in January. I hope you feel better soon xx

dont worry dubgirl frederik package always includes hotel for 3 nights and all your taxi's,you will hear from him shortly,they sometime take a bit of time to get back to you,cause there so busy but they will x:rolleyes2:

I heard back from frederik and got that deal you were talking about. Bridget said that she doesn't do that package so I'm just gonna go directly so thanks for the advice girls!

Hoping to get banded in January so just waiting to hear about dates. Can't wait to get it done and begin the journey to my new life

Hi guys. Had the op yesterday and yes I do feel like I have been kicked by a donkey.

Next thing I have nurses in with packs to try and stop the bleeding from the drain opening. It would not stop, Frederik came to assist then Dr Chris turned up.

I was given a local anaesthetic and he has stitched the hole up where the drain was. I have to have an ultrasound at 12 to see if there is an internal bleed. If there is then I have to go back down to theatre. If not then they will take me on to xray to check the band etc.

It's been a scary morning folks and it's not over yet. Fingers crossed all will be ok x

Hoe everything is okay for you lemma, let us know how you get on xx

... I looked down and there was blood everywhere.

Next thing I have nurses in with packs to try and stop the bleeding from the drain opening. It would not stop

Hey you!!!!!

Don't panic!

Same happened to me - it turned out it was a 'superficial' cut-app nicked an artery when coming 'out' of the stomach in the op. I was covered in what seemed like loads of blood; I eventually got 2 stitches - I am bout 3 weeks on and apart from where port is I'm fine - do hope the bleeding was same situation as mine; very scary though as you say and offering you long distance but not tooo close hugs!

You'll be fine; you are in good hands - remember to take Iron tablets with your daily vits - let us know how you get on chicken xxx

Hi everyone...

i am in the process of booking for the surgery in belguim. I am planning on paying my deposit tomorrow with Brigette butnoticed on here that a lot of you went direct with Chris and got the hotel and taxi's included? Bridgette hasn't offered me this package.

I am getting a bit nervous now, my op is pencilled in for Oct 22nd. I am 28 years old and struggled with my weight for about 8 years, I am getting bigger and bigger each year and its time i took action!! I dont want to feel this tired and unconfident anymore., So, I am hoping that having this surgery will help

It seems that none of you have regretted having this done which is refreshing.

I wonder whether anyone can offer me any advice?

xx

no sheree go direct!! speak to frederick don't get back to brigette!!!

don'tworry lemma you will be ok darling!! i went trough a scary time as well thought i would die!!

6 day to i get banded :rolleyes2:

Hi Freckles

Thanks very much. Its been hard adjusting to a band that works again though. I went for another fill about 6 weeks after the leak was repaired and had to have an Emergency defill 2 days later because I couldnt even swallow my own saliva. I drank 3 cups of Water at the clinic and a coffee on the way home and everything was okay but the next day I couldnt keep anything down. The lady who did the defill had problems finding the port hole as she thought my port was twisted although Frederik found it first attempt. I was worried in case I would have another leak because of the amount of times she tried to get the needle in but Ive had fantastic restriction so everthing must be okay. Im happy with my weight and the way I look now. If I lose any more it will be a bonus but If I can maintain my weight now I will be happy with that too.

I am 4 pounds away from being a NORMAL weight. OMG I never thought I would say that again.

EnglishRose

Hi English rose, i must thank you for those useful post,your post was very helpful,you are such an inspiration i read ever single one of your and knew what to expect! well done for our sucess!