Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Well just thought i would post my good news that i have finally got to my goal I'm now officially 15 stone (210lb)which is a total weight loss of 8 st 2lb or (114lb) so I'm well chuffed.At the start of this journey i never thought i would get to this weight which i have never been at since i was 15 years of age .I'm still officially classed as obese as my bmi is 30.18.So my new goal is to get my bmi to 29 so that I'm just overweight.If i get my weight to 14 st 7lb(205lb) that will get me there.And after that i think thats where the real hard part will start trying to maintain my weight and not gain as i have done many times over the years.So for all you new bandsters out there thats just started there journey it CAN be done you just need to know how to work with your band and eventually it will pay off.:frown:

WOW!!! :sad:

Well done!! You must be extatic!!! What an inspiration!! Good luck with the next few pounds...hope to hear you hit your next goal soon!! :frown: xxx

Thanks JOJO, believe it or not the local travel agents in town were offering a better rate than the one I saw just now on travelex !! Maybe I will keep an eye on theirs this week.

How has week 1 gone then honey? Paul

Hi Puddlejumper and all those of you preparing to go to Belgium! If you have a look on page 447 I posted a few ideas on where to order money, what to take with you and food ideas for afterwards. I hope you'll find them useful.

I'm happy with my progress, it's slowish but steady. Wendy at WLS is so supportive and will see us whenever we want (at no extra charge) whether for a fill or just a chat, and their monthly teaching sessions with the dietician are really helpful, giving guidelines for healthy eating whilst losing weight. I highly recommend them (WLS group Weight Loss Surgery Group - Aftercare) And no I'm not being paid, just speaking from experience!

I have gained the confidence to make the career move I've been promising myself for years and come out from my corner with a smile. :frown: AND I'm now wearing size 12 jeans - a long way from the size 26 I used to be.

Wishing you all the success you deserve

SP

Hi, can anyone tell me when I should have my stiich taken out, there is only one isn't there? I can't remember when they said.

I am eating some solids now as the liquids are not filling me. Sticking too mash potato's, Pasta and chewing things really well.

Have lost about 9lb since post op.:frown:

Banded 12th of Feb.

Hi Jeannie

I was told that I would need 1 stitch out but all of mine were dissolvable, I even got my mum to check as she is a nurse, I did in the end help one of my dissolvables along by removing it after about 2 weeks, but it was definately a dissolvable one but it was making me itch so it had to go. In my literature it said the no-resolvable one was a dark blue colour but I definately did not have one of those.

Maybe I'm a bit weird, lol.

best wishes

MiaBlue

Well just thought i would post my good news that i have finally got to my goal I'm now officially 15 stone (210lb)which is a total weight loss of 8 st 2lb or (114lb) so I'm well chuffed.At the start of this journey i never thought i would get to this weight which i have never been at since i was 15 years of age .I'm still officially classed as obese as my bmi is 30.18.So my new goal is to get my bmi to 29 so that I'm just overweight.If i get my weight to 14 st 7lb(205lb) that will get me there.And after that i think thats where the real hard part will start trying to maintain my weight and not gain as i have done many times over the years.So for all you new bandsters out there thats just started there journey it CAN be done you just need to know how to work with your band and eventually it will pay off.:frown:

Wow, well done you, amazing weight loss, inspiring every time I see of others progress, you must be very proud of yourself and deservadely (spealt wrong I know) so.

best wishes

MiaBlue

Hi Puddlejumper

When are you getting yours done? I am booked in for 12th March - fly over on the 11th - feeling excited about it now

Like you I am starting the pre-op diet next week - AARGGHH - however got to start somewhere

We'll go through the torture together lol

Hi Scooby have you booked your flight yet, we are stay at Campanile in Vilvoorde, and as you know I am having mine done on 12th. I will be taking my partner, are you going with anyone. It will be nice to meet up with someone. Can't wait now, wishing my time away and realising life will change a little, a little scary but also exciting, hope you are OK. Is there anyone else out there going at the same time?

Hi Splatt

Flights are all booked and started the pre op diet today - not long now till we are on the road to thindom!

I am travelling with my partner Brian and he is more worried than me - think he's more concerned about what he is gonna do while I am in hospital - I told him that there would be other people there also getting ops and would be travelling with people so bound to have someone to talk too - you know men they worry about everything.

How are you feeling about it? For me its a mixture of nervousness, excitement and on/off bouts of WHAT IF?!?!? but have to be honest and say thay I have found everyones comments on here really helpful, informative and supportive.

Will be nice to go through it with someone - buddies from start to finish

Have you started your pre-op diet yet? Only on day one and already getting withdrawals from bread lol:rolleyes2:

Hi Scooby have you booked your flight yet, we are stay at Campanile in Vilvoorde, and as you know I am having mine done on 12th. I will be taking my partner, are you going with anyone. It will be nice to meet up with someone. Can't wait now, wishing my time away and realising life will change a little, a little scary but also exciting, hope you are OK. Is there anyone else out there going at the same time?

Allan mate that f@@@in awesome well done you must be chuffed. i am stuck but gettn a fill on thurs, i am still restricted but like u i have to be super tight for it to work, so hopefully i will drop my next stage too, but once again, fantastic.

g

Hi Jeannie

I was told that I would need 1 stitch out but all of mine were dissolvable, I even got my mum to check as she is a nurse, I did in the end help one of my dissolvables along by removing it after about 2 weeks, but it was definately a dissolvable one but it was making me itch so it had to go. In my literature it said the no-resolvable one was a dark blue colour but I definately did not have one of those.

Maybe I'm a bit weird, lol.

best wishes

MiaBlue

i would add about the dissolving stitches is that they start getting tight and sore before they dissolve and because they are tight they actully gave me bigger scars than the icision itself, so i cut mine and that helped.

g

BOBO -- Congrats its great to hear about you success, I'm so pleased for you. love mmm xxx

Hi Splatt

Flights are all booked and started the pre op diet today - not long now till we are on the road to thindom!

I am travelling with my partner Brian and he is more worried than me - think he's more concerned about what he is gonna do while I am in hospital - I told him that there would be other people there also getting ops and would be travelling with people so bound to have someone to talk too - you know men they worry about everything.

How are you feeling about it? For me its a mixture of nervousness, excitement and on/off bouts of WHAT IF?!?!? but have to be honest and say thay I have found everyones comments on here really helpful, informative and supportive.

Have you started your pre-op diet yet? Only on day one and already getting withdrawals from bread lol:rolleyes2:

Hi ScoobyDoo,

You have hit the nail on the head as to how I am feeling.I am full of what ifs mixed with excitement.

An like you I have found great information on this site.

Anyway, you'll be banded before me, not being done until 16th March. Pre op diet not started yet an the way I feel, I doubt its gonna start at all.

Lets know how it goes.

2plus

Hi Splatt

Hi Scooby, know what you mean about withdrawals, when you can't have something you want it. My partner Ray is coming with me too, we are hiring a car so don't worry about Brian. If you want we can meet up in the evening, will be nice to have someone there too, also for the men in our life.

I have all the feelings your going thru also, want to start my new life. I have done well in losing weight but need that extra push now.

Hi everyone ive finally plucked up the courage to post on here after reading all your posts on and off for about a month... Im just about to start my adventure but still have a few questions...so any advice would be greatfully accepted. Surgery planned in Belgium with Dr. Chris Bruyne (Hopefully) Im in the UK.

1. Did anyone have any problems flying home after surgery? Im planning on surgery Friday and flying home Monday.

2. Hotel suggestions?

3. How close to Brussels and do you think I'd be well enough post surgery to sight see before returning home?

Hi everyone ive finally plucked up the courage to post on here after reading all your posts on and off for about a month... Im just about to start my adventure but still have a few questions...so any advice would be greatfully accepted. Surgery planned in Belgium with Dr. Chris Bruyne (Hopefully) Im in the UK.

1. Did anyone have any problems flying home after surgery? Im planning on surgery Friday and flying home Monday.

2. Hotel suggestions?

3. How close to Brussels and do you think I'd be well enough post surgery to sight see before returning home?

Hi Sussie, welcome, this is a very informative forum and everyone is very nice. I haven't had my surgery yet, due 12th March however I am having surgery on the Friday and flying back Sunday. I am staying at the Camponile in Vilvoorde, everyone seems to do this and your consultation the night before is held here. I don't plan on doing any sight seeing, don't think I will be put to it at all, but I am sure someone more knowledgable than me will reply. Good Luck.