Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi to all,

Lovely to see Freckles back on the forum, hope you are well. xx

Had my stitch out on Friday, it virtually popped out by it's self. The nurse just trimmed some of the edges of the dissolvables ones and the longest one just popped out on it's own the other night.

Had heartburn today after eating some scrambled egg on melba toast (the round ones) I was sick not long afterwards. The heartburn stopped after this, thank god. I'm not sure wether it was because I ate to fast or wether I hadn't chewed it small enough. Know now what people mean about learning what to eat and what not to eat. Get fed up with liquids all the time, need to chew something.

Haven't lost anything since last Tuesday. Disappointed, but that's me down to a tea, want everything to happen over night. I'm following a weight watchers point system, to check I'm not eating to much.

Have decided to have my fill on the 8th of April in Manchester, think the 11th of March is to soon. Hope I've made the right discision. Jeanie xxxx :biggrin:

Hi Jean,

I'm the same as you, no weight loss for just under a week now, but it's to be expected, it had to slow down some time!

I've started eating proper food now, so I've had the same as you, I wouldn't call it heartburn (I've suffered a lot from heartburn in the past and it doesn't feel the same) more like the food isn't shifting and i've got some in my throat that won't go down. I'm guessing it's because I'm eating a little too quickly or trying to eat food that is too solid too soon. I'm trying to slow it down again, last night was very uncomfortable for a few minutes after eating some fish, veggies and onion rings. The last little bit of food I had came back up (not vomit as such) and I was fine. I need to stop eating the high sugar slider foods though, too many choccies recently!!

Starting a new week with hopefully a new attitude! Not booked it yet, but I'm still considering going for the March fill.

Hi girlies, glad you're all ok, you all sound good.

I was thinking of going for a fill with freddyboy in March as I can eat most things and am not losing anything.

Anyone going to Manchester in March?

I keep thinking if I hadnt gone to have a de-dill when I went to Oz, I would be at target by now :biggrin:

Ahh well bring on the next fill.

Hi girlies, glad you're all ok, you all sound good.

I was thinking of going for a fill with freddyboy in March as I can eat most things and am not losing anything.

Anyone going to Manchester in March?

Me hopefully!! Not booked it yet, but it's 11 March or 8 April, don't want to wait that long.

May see you there. x

I'll mail Chris tomorrow, thanx for the date info Jojo, what time are you going?

Like I said I haven't booked it yet, and as I've never been before I'm not sure what kind of times are available. The earlier the better for me really, I'd like the option of getting back early and getting nearly a full day's work in if possible? I thought we went through a local woman to arrange? I need to look back through my literature I think! Any info you have would be appreciated.

Like I said I haven't booked it yet, and as I've never been before I'm not sure what kind of times are available. The earlier the better for me really, I'd like the option of getting back early and getting nearly a full day's work in if possible? I thought we went through a local woman to arrange? I need to look back through my literature I think! Any info you have would be appreciated.

Hi Jojo, just wanted to catch up with you to see how life was going? I am sure you'll get the kick start youre looking for soon enough. You got off to a flying start and I certainly hope I do the same. My excitement level is growing , a week tomorrow and I start my journey to Belgium. I cannot wait. I really wish it was tomorrow I was going, but it will be here before I know it, then I will be a bandster yeahhhhh !!

Take Care. Paul

Hi Jojo, just wanted to catch up with you to see how life was going? I am sure you'll get the kick start youre looking for soon enough. You got off to a flying start and I certainly hope I do the same. My excitement level is growing , a week tomorrow and I start my journey to Belgium. I cannot wait. I really wish it was tomorrow I was going, but it will be here before I know it, then I will be a bandster yeahhhhh !!

Take Care. Paul

Hi Paul, I am getting excited too, want it to be now so I can get on with things, how is the pre op diet going. I have to confess had a few false starts but as today is 1st March seems an ideal time to start - for real. Susan

Hi Tamisu, great to hear from you again, I did'nt know Dr Chris did gallbladder ops, I would be interested in your story.

Hi mmm! Thanks for askin'! I've known for a year that I have 2 gallstones (1.5 and 1.7 cm). At my annual exam w/ Dr. Chris, I mentioned it to him. He told me my gallbladder must come out because if it becomes infected, my band could become infected and then I would have to have my band out. Well, I can't have that!! The thing is, it hardly ever bothered me, (I mean like once or twice a year, but now it is hurting pretty regularly for the past couple days, but not too badly). Hope I make it to surgery date. -T

Quick question, my partner would like to hire a car on our trip to Belgium. Just had a look at cost and it comes to £80. Can anyone advise how much they roughly think the taxis will cost. Taking into account 2 journeys to and from airport to Vilvoorde, then from hotel to hospital, back and forth for partner and then me. I know it is a rough cost so appreciate anyone's view on this. Thanks for posting everyone it is important to those of us who haven't been banded yet and beginning our journey, Susan

Hi Paul, I am getting excited too, want it to be now so I can get on with things, how is the pre op diet going. I have to confess had a few false starts but as today is 1st March seems an ideal time to start - for real. Susan

Well ok so far it seems. I have been trying to give it a trial for a few weeks already.

I think I am used to eating like this now so it's becoming the norm!

This time next Monday I will be about 20 mins from arriving in belgium, so just one

final push this week to see if I can improve my pre op loss at all. Good luck with yours

also. Paul

Hi Splatt

Did you not book with Dr Chris - taxis are covered in the fee's.

How has day one gone on the pre-op diet, I started off well but ended in disaster. Have got terrible indigestion and heart burn too - feel like something is lodged in the back of my throat - drinking Gaviscon like its going out of fashion - worried that if i dont get rid they won't operate......

How you feeling about getting op? I shift between worried sick and can't wait - just want to get started but worried something will go wrong - suppose everyone feels like that.

Talk soon

Kerry

Well ok so far it seems. I have been trying to give it a trial for a few weeks already.

I think I am used to eating like this now so it's becoming the norm!

This time next Monday I will be about 20 mins from arriving in belgium, so just one

final push this week to see if I can improve my pre op loss at all. Good luck with yours

also. Paul

Hi Paul

I can tell that your getting excited now about getting your op - I suppose I am too - mixed with nerves of course.

Started pre-op diet today but not gone too well - wondering if I should be honest with folk at work and tell them why I need to stick to the diet instead of giving in and eating sweeties and stuff with them - worried what they will say about it

How are things going with you?

hi topping was wondering can u get fills were u are,im by belfast and was wondering if i go to belgium and get a band done can u get fills here thanks

Jojo, my appointment is at 2:10 with freddyboy in manchester on 11th march, so if you're earlier I wont get to see you.

I dont know if I sposed to tell you sammy's news or not, but I'm sure Sammy wont mind.

She had a beautiful little girl on 28th feb....she only put on 9 pounds in the whole of her pregnancy. Well done sweetheart!!!:w00t::biggrin: A little sister for Harrison xxx

CongratsBabygirlsnag.gif