Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi big sister nice to hear from you, well done on only 3 pound, i too last had a fill end of sep but ive had tight restric up till jan, but sure i prob put on more than 3 pound, need a fill, 32 weeks till hes here tho.

gx

Hey thanks Garry - you're looking such a different man these days - how good does it feel to have the ladies fighting over you?! When do you start your Armani underwear modelling contract?! I will have to join your 'cougar' fan club on the forum, but us oldies have no chance with the foxy young kitten Carriejess as competition!

Seriously, you have done absolutely amazing and must feel it too. I don't know about the x-ray check - someone else mentioned it but Dr Chris and team never said anything while we were over there and can't remember anything in the info pack either. Maybe it would be worth an e-mail to Fred to check do you think?

Well done again and I'm sure you will soon be losing once again, take care Bigsis xx

Hey thanks Garry - you're looking such a different man these days - how good does it feel to have the ladies fighting over you?! When do you start your Armani underwear modelling contract?! I will have to join your 'cougar' fan club on the forum, but us oldies have no chance with the foxy young kitten Carriejess as competition!

Seriously, you have done absolutely amazing and must feel it too. I don't know about the x-ray check - someone else mentioned it but Dr Chris and team never said anything while we were over there and can't remember anything in the info pack either. Maybe it would be worth an e-mail to Fred to check do you think?

Well done again and I'm sure you will soon be losing once again, take care Bigsis xx

Hi BS

Now quite sure about fighting over me, i stil have got pleanty to loose, i am sitting still at 21 stone but my shape has completely changed from gym and yoga, i know il never be 12 stone due to my build but if i loose another 4 stone i think i will be happy, i am borderline on needing a fil, somedays yes other no but i think i have just learned to eat softer food so on that i definately need one, so will book for 25th feb with dr c and wil say to him about xray, he did mail me yesterday saying i had to get it.

ON your fron god stone and bit to go thats majic welldone that will be gone in no time.

gxx

Hey Bobo, you're looking really good. You have done so well - how are the wedding plans coming along? Have you decided which one of you will be wearing the frock yet (seem to remember a womens jeans wearing incident!) Have got you on FB now, Bigsis x

Cheers big sis ehhhhh we will say no more about the jeans i have grew out of that fad of wearing the mrs clothes.lol

We are saving up for florida this year so the wedding is planned for next year not decided if im wearing a skirt or ehh i mean a kilt or a suit.haha.Good to see you and gillian back on.

You made me chuckel cankster with your comment about the shaving at the hospital .I remember when i was there i was just getting comfortable in the bed when i checked in when a nurse came in with a razor and said lift up your gown .So i lifted it up and she started shaving my pubic hair .I was like waittttt its a op on my belly im in for she said i will get to that i was mortfied.So im lying there starkers getting my under caridge shaved when fredrick walked in and started asking me if i was ok double mortified.So if your a guy make sure you have a shave before you go and im not talking about your face.

Tracy, GOOD LUCK!!! All the best hun, though I'm sure you'll be fine. Speak to you soon as a bandster!! :)

Cankster, well done, I bet you are relieved it's all over eh? Shame about your fall, but it's good to hear the rest of it was a good experience (nerves are getting to me now!)

Bigsis, you made me giggle so much with all your daft posts, along with Gillian's in January last year, and you two also directed me to this thread which I'm very grateful for.

Julie, I'll be sure to keep you posted hun, just a shame we aren't going at the same time. I know you'd be there with me next week if you could. And damn right what you said about people not even being worth a mention hun.

Hi Jo

God yes i do wish i was going with u, but i suppose April will come fast enough:sad: I'm back at work so the time seems to be going a bit faster now, and still saving like mad lol, Well at least i can watch ur progress and look forward to losin all this excess I'm really excited for u.

As for the unmentionalable I couldn't believe the stuff he was saying how sad to turn on the people who have helped in the past well all i can say is hope he doesn't need help and advice again cause dont think people will be willing to give it, seems to me he s shop himself in the foot.

Anyway jo keep me updated on how its going

julie xx

In reply to my fall i did mention it to Dr Chris and he said "this is not acceptable" and went off to sort them out so hopefully this will not happen to others.

glad you mentionmed it hun, cos after all, you have paid for aftercare and that is one of the most important things, you shouldnt have had to take yourself to the bathroom if you felt so groggy.

One thing I have to say on behalf of the Spire (was Bupa) Southampton is that I was checked all through the night and if awake was asked if I needed anything, the nursing was superb..

Big Sis, you will soon get that off, brilliant weight loss so far, I have to lose another couple of stone too.

Sorry this is such a quick post, laters xxx

Glad my thoughts helped. With regards to the xray check dr chris saif it was because a lady from belfast claimed he band was incorrectly fitted after 4 days. It was ok when she left them. So now just to be sure they give evreyone an xray while u drink a weird bitter chalky drink to check all is ok. No problem reially except the drink is a laxative and makes u go ang go quickly

I Oliverdog, I'll tell you all I know, I dont know if he actually works for Dr Chris, but I know he works with him assisting together with fred. He came to my room pre op to let me know that Fred had been delayed, and to do my consultation, Fred came a little later and collected the money. Post op Chris Deprez came again to the hotel room to do the post op consultation.

All the bandfills in Newport and some other venues are done by him (fred takes over when he's on holls).

He's not French or Belgian, I think he's dutch, but cant remember what he said now, he has a young family (so not available) I make my appointments directly with him via his e.mail address if you want it I'll pm you. He also does fills for other consultants patients, so at Newport some of the others in the waiting room have had their band done elsewhere in Belgium. So thats it, you know as much as me now, which isnt much but it help to build a picture.

Thanks Mmm it was only my second fill and Fred did my first so I wasnt sure if they all worked with Chris. Very handsome man but only admiring from afar as I am married as well, but have to say its been a long time since a man made me think phaworrrr.... Must still be in me somewhere lol...:)

Would be good if you could let me have details so I can contact him direct for fills in the future, thanks xx Promise to only drool from afar....:)

Hi Jo

God yes i do wish i was going with u, but i suppose April will come fast enough:sad: I'm back at work so the time seems to be going a bit faster now, and still saving like mad lol, Well at least i can watch ur progress and look forward to losin all this excess I'm really excited for u.

As for the unmentionalable I couldn't believe the stuff he was saying how sad to turn on the people who have helped in the past well all i can say is hope he doesn't need help and advice again cause dont think people will be willing to give it, seems to me he s shop himself in the foot.

Anyway jo keep me updated on how its going

julie xx

Hi folks, the end is in sight....and that means for me paying the deposit on Saturday, when I can finally get to the bank to do it...Do they make an extra charge for sending money abroad? Then March 9th, will be within my grasp, aint felt as excited about anything like this since I was a kid, is this the exception to that golden rule your parents told you when you were young? .... Never wish your life away... or am I allowed to on this one occasion? Puddlejumper is on a mission now...:)

Hi folks, the end is in sight....and that means for me paying the deposit on Saturday, when I can finally get to the bank to do it...Do they make an extra charge for sending money abroad? Then March 9th, will be within my grasp, aint felt as excited about anything like this since I was a kid, is this the exception to that golden rule your parents told you when you were young? .... Never wish your life away... or am I allowed to on this one occasion? Puddlejumper is on a mission now...:sifone:

Hi again Puddlejumper,

Glad you are going for it, exciting times!! I paid my deposit last week and there is a £25 bank transfer fee, doesn't matter whether it is going abroad or not. A word of advice, make sure you've booked an appointment at the bank... not everyone in the bank is trained to do it, turned into a real headache for me.

morning all

i have a question for those banded longer than me.

Who has went to see dr chris for the annual xray check up, was this at his house or the hospital and did you have to stay overnight, was there a charge.

Cheers

g

Sorry G havent been, i hadnt even thought about having one done.

Mine feels alight so i think il spend the money on shoes instead x

Lol foxy young kitten? Love it, thanks xx

Forgot to mention, just before i left i bumped into two hot milfs, Tracy and her friend :).

they seemed to be ok, nice to put a name to a face.

Good luck tracy :sifone:

Hey bigsis...whats all this 'oldies'!?

Thanks jojo...so pleased we helped you make your decision!..and thankyou everyone else..its nice to check in again. yes i put on over xmas too...but not too bothered cos i know how and why i did it!..and how to stop it more importantly!...and whatever bigsis says...i will stop eating choc, ice cream and drinking baileys...christmas is over now!..yes it lasted 2 months at my house!..partys over now. had fill with wendy other day..but only bit and cant feel much difference..if any..im sure my next one will be better...good luck to everyone pre and post bandsters x

glad you mentionmed it hun, cos after all, you have paid for aftercare and that is one of the most important things, you shouldnt have had to take yourself to the bathroom if you felt so groggy.

One thing I have to say on behalf of the Spire (was Bupa) Southampton is that I was checked all through the night and if awake was asked if I needed anything, the nursing was superb..

Big Sis, you will soon get that off, brilliant weight loss so far, I have to lose another couple of stone too.

Sorry this is such a quick post, laters xxx

Hi Freckles mi old mucker! Well, your bowels have had their regular airing on the forum again haven't they, altho they were partly the subject of 'trouble at t'mill' recently! I for one have missed your bowels - don't say much for my social circle does it?!

Glad you're doing ok, I thought I would be more or less at target by now, which is 12 months on but I think the theory seems to be true in my case that it is more of a struggle if you have less to lose. I seem to have to really fight for every 1lb off now. Still more than glad I had it done tho cos I certainly wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't taken the plunge.

Garry - thanks for the reminder about the x-ray, I can't remember any of the older bandsters mentioning this either. I will look into it, altho, hope it doesn't necessarily require a trip to Belgium again as cash is bit tight lately.

Bobo - sorry, won't mention the girly clothing again. I'm sure you will be oozing 100% testosterone manliness in your kilt at your wedding - and the pink tartan with lacy sporran will really set off your colouring!

Good luck and best wishes to all the newbies who are going to Belgium soon, you can have every confidence in your medical care over there and will be back posting your progress before you know it.

Take care everyone, Bigsis xx