Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Shoes...WOW!!! you have done so well, wish I had lost that much weight.

Last night we had friends round, I had one of those small Birds Eye chicken pieces, well three quarters of it, about 6:30 and I still couldnt even have a drink at midnight, pb'd a few times, and this morning its so tight, I am struggling to drink my coffee.

Sat up most of the night and was a bit sick too, I really really wish I had had a small defill in July as I think my band has tightened once again.

Thats my moan for the weekend...sorry, but i feel awful today.

Shoes...WOW!!! you have done so well, wish I had lost that much weight.

Last night we had friends round, I had one of those small Birds Eye chicken pieces, well three quarters of it, about 6:30 and I still couldnt even have a drink at midnight, pb'd a few times, and this morning its so tight, I am struggling to drink my coffee.

Sat up most of the night and was a bit sick too, I really really wish I had had a small defill in July as I think my band has tightened once again.

Thats my moan for the weekend...sorry, but i feel awful today.

Freckles you are so brave, as you know I failed to continue when I had a slight overfill, and had some taken out, its only now that any restriction has worn off, it seems to last me about a month only and then I need a top up, I'm close to max now and am getting scared about when I reach max fill because I will probably be hungry again and wont be able to have any more fills.

My next fill is due Mon 28th Sept with WLS in Cardiff, but at the moment I can eat everything, I had a full Mac chicken burger meal with fries and drink before I remembered I should be dieting, and it went down quicker than anyone else I was with, you'd think I'd not seen food for a few weeks. But it didnt stop me having a steak meal (full size) later in the evening, and this is with 6.5ml in my band. I'm begining to feel like a no hoper.

Gary so pleased for you, letts hope this fill last a little longer.

Big Sister and Gillian I've not heard from you since I'm back from holls let me know how your feeling and if any weight has shifted.

EVERYONE else give me your good news I need positive vibes to help me through the next week or so.

Ahh poor you Maggs, seems very odd that you're near max and can eat all that.

I think I would be mailing Dr Chris to ask if this is normal, I dont want to worry you, but it doesnt seem right to me.

Maybe you need all the saline taking out and fresh going in.

Michael told me that quite often some of the saline just disappears into the body so you may not have in as much as you think.

Another thing is you dont have much to lose, so maybe this is your body's way of hanging onto what you have.

Sorry if I sound negative but what I've said is the worse case scenario Maggs.

maybe someone else has other ideas???

HI ALL not been on for ages but have been keeping an eye on you all you all seem to be doing realy well went to see wendy for what i thought would be my 3rd fill but as i had been on holiday and lost it was only 3lb in a month she did not want to give me a fill she said as i was still eating less and feeling full longer that the band was still working for me i was dissapointed but she knows best but i only have 4mls in my band when i went last time she was going to put 1.25mils but only put 1 ml in as she could feel resitance so she said it would be better for my band as its only a small band and even though it should take 7 mils she said most people only have 5-6 mils

Ahh poor you Maggs, seems very odd that you're near max and can eat all that.

I think I would be mailing Dr Chris to ask if this is normal, I dont want to worry you, but it doesnt seem right to me.

Maybe you need all the saline taking out and fresh going in.

Michael told me that quite often some of the saline just disappears into the body so you may not have in as much as you think.

Another thing is you dont have much to lose, so maybe this is your body's way of hanging onto what you have.

Sorry if I sound negative but what I've said is the worse case scenario Maggs.

maybe someone else has other ideas???

Thanks Freckles, Wendy did a complete unfill and then refill last time I was there, so I know the amount is accurate, possibly if I can have a tiny amount in it will reactivate the band and start me losing again, I need all the help I can get. Other than that I need some stress in my life that always tightens the band, perhaps I'm just too chilled out after my holiday.

Ha ha, you can have some of my stress if you like kid.

My daughter reckons that the more pb'ing you do the more the band tightens, and it does work for me, not that I want it tighter, just sometimes I am so uncomfortable I have to pb.

Good luck with your next fill, you'll probably get the full restriction then.

hi fatpants nice to her from you, you need to remember that as you loose weight and your weight comes down especially as much as you hve then your BMR Basic metabolic rate reduces therefore your bodies calori need reduces so that to loose that 1 pound per week your intake has to be substantially less, i cant remember if i worked it out for you before but feel free to pm me your height and weight and age and i will tell you your bmr or even just do a bmr calculation google search.Remember to loose 1 pound per week of fat you have to be 3500 calories less than your weekly BMR which is a lot when you are down as low as the 13 stone mrk.

gx

Hi Garry,

How are you? Your tracker seems to have shoot up! Well done! From what you have said I am guessing that the BMR Has something to do with calorie counting? I am hopeless at this task, I just can't be bothered, I did buy a wee book once and I'm sure I've still got it so if you would be so kind to do the calculation I'll make the effort to try it out. I guess once you do it for a few weeks you start to memorise the numbers and it'll get easier. I have noticed that since starting going for a gym & swim routine 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks I seem to be losing less weight but feeling trimmer, which is essentially good but very fraustratting when you are so obsessed about the weight lose!

I'm glad your Friday fill seems to have done the trick. I think we should be given more guidelines and explanations about why we should or shouldn't do things I think if we understood properly the how and why's of the whole thing it would be much easier.

Any way here's the info you asked for:

Height: 5foot5.5

Weight: 13 stone 10lbs

Thanks

Fatpants:thumbup:

Hi Garry,

How are you? Your tracker seems to have shoot up! Well done! From what you have said I am guessing that the BMR Has something to do with calorie counting? I am hopeless at this task, I just can't be bothered, I did buy a wee book once and I'm sure I've still got it so if you would be so kind to do the calculation I'll make the effort to try it out. I guess once you do it for a few weeks you start to memorise the numbers and it'll get easier. I have noticed that since starting going for a gym & swim routine 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks I seem to be losing less weight but feeling trimmer, which is essentially good but very fraustratting when you are so obsessed about the weight lose!

I'm glad your Friday fill seems to have done the trick. I think we should be given more guidelines and explanations about why we should or shouldn't do things I think if we understood properly the how and why's of the whole thing it would be much easier.

Any way here's the info you asked for:

Height: 5foot5.5

Weight: 13 stone 10lbs

Thanks

my weight moved months ago but has stayed for quite some time but thats due to trining and gaining muscle and my shape improving and the fact my band was leaking and i had to get it fixed.

your BMR is 1500 which is the ammount of cals you need per day to maintain your current weight therefore to loose 1 pound per week you need to be minus 3500 in a week which is 500 per day so 1000 is your right ammount, as this is not a lot and could have your body go into starvation mode i would reccomend you do some excercise to increase the ammount you can have however if your band wont allow it then try and add Meal Replacement drinks, thats what i do as if i ate to little my body holds on too it and doesnt loose.

I have lost loads of inches and not much weight very frustrating but i know i look better and getting more muscley.

hope this helps.

gx

Hello

Just checking in to say i am flying to Gambia tomorrow....so see you all in a week!

Be good!

Freckles you are so brave, as you know I failed to continue when I had a slight overfill, and had some taken out, its only now that any restriction has worn off, it seems to last me about a month only and then I need a top up, I'm close to max now and am getting scared about when I reach max fill because I will probably be hungry again and wont be able to have any more fills.

My next fill is due Mon 28th Sept with WLS in Cardiff, but at the moment I can eat everything, I had a full Mac chicken burger meal with fries and drink before I remembered I should be dieting, and it went down quicker than anyone else I was with, you'd think I'd not seen food for a few weeks. But it didnt stop me having a steak meal (full size) later in the evening, and this is with 6.5ml in my band. I'm begining to feel like a no hoper.

Gary so pleased for you, letts hope this fill last a little longer.

Big Sister and Gillian I've not heard from you since I'm back from holls let me know how your feeling and if any weight has shifted.

EVERYONE else give me your good news I need positive vibes to help me through the next week or so.

i would say mmm stop putting yourself down re what you want to eat and have ate...start from now!!

only you can do it we are here to help you but i think you have lost the will to lose the weight?

only you can get back to that vibe...remember why you had the band done and what u wanted to achieve might help??

good luck

hi shoes, i'm so glad that you're doing so well...fantastic weight loss. Steph has hit the 4 stone mark and has been stuck there for a few weeks but hey, it would have been more on without the band. guess what.......i'm going tomorrow to get it done!!

kxx

my weight moved months ago but has stayed for quite some time but thats due to trining and gaining muscle and my shape improving and the fact my band was leaking and i had to get it fixed.

your BMR is 1500 which is the ammount of cals you need per day to maintain your current weight therefore to loose 1 pound per week you need to be minus 3500 in a week which is 500 per day so 1000 is your right ammount, as this is not a lot and could have your body go into starvation mode i would reccomend you do some excercise to increase the ammount you can have however if your band wont allow it then try and add Meal Replacement drinks, thats what i do as if i ate to little my body holds on too it and doesnt loose.

I have lost loads of inches and not much weight very frustrating but i know i look better and getting more muscley.

hope this helps.

gx

Hi Gary,

Thanks for that, I looked out my wee calorie counting book to see If I can crack this! However loads of things are not in it, I just ate a Muller fruit corner, it tells you everything but the calorie content! Anyway maybe I need a more up to date book, any ideas?

How did they manage to fix the leak in your band? Did you have to go back to Brussels? I know you went back once.

Thanks again

Carrie have a fabulous time hunny xxx.

Kaka WOW!!! Good luck sweetie. Let us know how you are doing afterwards.

Time is now, yes Maggs, I would agree, dont beat yourself up over what you've eaten, its over and done with, just try to be good lol.

Like we all are !!!! I dont have much choice, I tried to eat a few Celebrations yesterday but felt so sick after 2 I had to stop.

Today a mug of hot Oxo is not going down well, and I just made a beautiful saucepan of Scouse and its smells divine, but none for me for a few hours.

Edited by Freckles

Well almost a week after my second fill 4.5 mils in my band. I think Im almost there. Today I had 3 cracker bread and dairylea cheese for Breakfast, cup of Soup and 2 crackerbread with egg mayo for lunch, and this evening I had 1/3 of a potato and chicken pie for one. I dont know if I should be eating less than this or not but this is what the band allows. If I ate more protien ie meats Im sure it would be less but right now Im trying to trick my brain into thinking Im full like my band does my tummy. Jx