Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Laura

I'm the mum of Stephanie (aged 21 next month) who was banded on 6th March by Dr Chris. This was by far the best decision for her as apart from the initial pain (wind etc) the actual weightloss has been pretty painless. Of course you miss all the things you used to eat; well at least the quantity but it has changed her life. To date she has lost 3 stones with another 3 to go without the agonies of still wanting to eat more as you do when you join a "normal" slimming club. This, she has managed with only one fill, her second is in Glasgow on 17th July. Also the assistance from everyone on here prior and after her op was invaluable so pls continue to ask all your questions as nothing is too much trouble. This action will be the one of the best things you'll ever do and it will definitely change your life too - it's not a quick fix it's what they say is a "tool" to enable changes to be made.

I'm not on the forum as much lately so i'll take this opportunity to wish everyone especially Shoes (she was banded same day as Steph) continued success.

Best

kxx

well done to stephanie!..she must be thrilled with such a result!..lets hope the next few stone will come off as easily x

Hi kaka, how well has your daughter done.. that is fab results. At least she wont be putting it back on like you do with diets or going to diet clubs and it may be a lot of money to pay out in 1 go but it is so worth it. Bet people spend more trying different diets and joining different clubs, at least this one works. Tell your daughter i said congratulations and keep up the good work, she will be at her target before she know's it x

Hi all,

God this forum moves faster and faster every day!!!!

Well today i feel brilliant i'm in such a happy state of mind!

I got weighed today and am over the 1 and 1/2 stone mark in 6 weeks!!!

Also i have been to the gym twice today, played badminton and did a circuit!!!

Got Tennis tomorrow and might even get up at 6 and go to the gym before work!!!!

Also seem to have my eating regime perfect! I have i portion of porridge and a cup of coffee for Breakfast, 3 ryvita with low fat cheese spread and 1 Tomato chopped up for lunch, and a piece of fish or something with a small salad for tea!

I don't snack between meals anymore and i drink lots of squash so i'm really happy!!!

Also for people that are going to join WLS, they have a promotion on at the moment!!!!!!!

The 6 month package is going to be £270 From the 1st July

Which will include me cause my first appointment with them is on the 14th July!!!!!!!!:smile2:

Hope everyone is well!!!!

Also heard from flirty and she can have her surgery on the 18th!!! They will do it all execpt the boobs as she has to wait 6 months! Its a 9 hour surgery!

Good luck Flirty Hope to hear from you when your internet is working again!!!!

Jo xxxx

(my god I ramble on....sorry:blushing:)

Hi all,

Thanks Sammy,Gillian,wishful for ur welcome I really appreciate ur support as I feel I'm living double life I have only told hubby,mum & dad and a friend (I do intend to tell my best mates this w/e but at present I have no intention of telling my manager,colleagues,neighbours etc.Which is totally not like me usually I can't hold my Water !

But I feel this is very personal and am so anxious I don't want to listen to what they think, as I think there is alot of ignorance re. this procedure. And it's only when I researched it myself I began to realize as so many have said before that band is a tool/aid that I have to learn to work with to achieve the result I 'm hoping for.

Have others kept this to their nearest and dearest or do most people talk openly about it.

It's all new to me as I don't know anyone who has been banded. I would appreciate ur opinions. :smile2:

Edited by anitahug

Hi Laura

I'm the mum of Stephanie (aged 21 next month) who was banded on 6th March by Dr Chris. This was by far the best decision for her as apart from the initial pain (wind etc) the actual weightloss has been pretty painless. Of course you miss all the things you used to eat; well at least the quantity but it has changed her life. To date she has lost 3 stones with another 3 to go without the agonies of still wanting to eat more as you do when you join a "normal" slimming club. This, she has managed with only one fill, her second is in Glasgow on 17th July. Also the assistance from everyone on here prior and after her op was invaluable so pls continue to ask all your questions as nothing is too much trouble. This action will be the one of the best things you'll ever do and it will definitely change your life too - it's not a quick fix it's what they say is a "tool" to enable changes to be made.

I'm not on the forum as much lately so i'll take this opportunity to wish everyone especially Shoes (she was banded same day as Steph) continued success.

Best

kxx

Hi Kaka, so good to hear Steph is doing really well only one fill thats great tell her i was asking for her often think about her and the other ladies that was done same day pop in now again let us know how shes doing hope your keeping well yourself xx:smile:

Hi Laura,

Consultation the night before?

Didn't know you could do that!!! Yeah I'm heading in Thursday week for the consol anyhow.

I'm in wicklow Town - my god thats mad, we're both in the same county

Toppings x

Hi Toppings,

So you are going for the consultation before then.. I am thinking of just asking to do the night before although I am worried he might say no to me then!!

I am from Wicklow to :smile2: where bouts in Wicklow you from?

Laura xx

Hi anitahug to begin with i only told my partner, sister and my 3 children as i didnt want people saying i was cheating or taking the easy route with weight loss.. Now i dont care who knows, it is still hard work but im so proud of my band and really pleased that i had it done, i suppose it depends on how you feel but i wouldnt tell people before as you will probably get them trying to talk you out of it or telling you horror stories about it. x

Hi Shoes,

Certainly can wait to see you for a chat.

Would be great and you can show me your war wounds!!! Ha ha

Just been looking at the calender and now thinking of getting the band done on 31st July. Its a Friday which means I could be back here on the Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday off too.

Gonna email Frederick now about that date and check the flights!!!

Hopefully see ya next Thursday so

Toppings x

Hi Topping,my appointment is not till 2pm if your still around want to have a chat you can let me know:smile: :smile2:

The best of luck to guys having surgery this week not that you need it looking forward too your post:smile::lol:

Hi too all the newbies youve come too the right place:smile::eek:

Hi to everyone, it is so good to hear each and every one of your great adventures, with your weight loss.

Good luck to all you new banders, you have all made a really great choise in deciding to have a band fitted.

You have all posted some good advise, info for us to read.

I have not lost any weight since having my 1st fill, I am still at the same weight, which has really made me fed up. I have another fill in July and I hope then that I get a restriction.

Sorry guy, My computor has been down so I have not been able to keep up with the messages.

Good luck to all the new bansters.

xx

What are the best options for hotels.

frederrick has send me details of Crowne Plaza (which doesn't have great reviews on line) or an alternative 3*

Can anyone tell me what they were like?

thanks

Toppings

Are you allowed to drink fizz after the band has been fitted?

I've heard my stomach could explode, but love my Diet C*k* now and then or the odd beer, but the beer is full of gas!

Hi toppings,

The Campanile hotel is where most of us stayed. It's fairly basic but comfortable and clean. It's one mile from the hospital and 2 miles from Dr Chris' house in case of any emergency. It's a defo no to fizzy drinks. Don't know about the stomach exploding......hope not!!! I heard the only time to drink coke is when something is stuck as the bubbles break it up. Get it done as soon as you can, the sooner you get it done the sooner you're a loser!!!

Hi all,

God this forum moves faster and faster every day!!!!

Well today i feel brilliant i'm in such a happy state of mind!

I got weighed today and am over the 1 and 1/2 stone mark in 6 weeks!!!

Also i have been to the gym twice today, played badminton and did a circuit!!!

Got Tennis tomorrow and might even get up at 6 and go to the gym before work!!!!

Also seem to have my eating regime perfect! I have i portion of porridge and a cup of coffee for Breakfast, 3 ryvita with low fat cheese spread and 1 Tomato chopped up for lunch, and a piece of fish or something with a small salad for tea!

I don't snack between meals anymore and i drink lots of squash so i'm really happy!!!

Also for people that are going to join WLS, they have a promotion on at the moment!!!!!!!

The 6 month package is going to be £270 From the 1st July

Which will include me cause my first appointment with them is on the 14th July!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Hope everyone is well!!!!

Also heard from flirty and she can have her surgery on the 18th!!! They will do it all execpt the boobs as she has to wait 6 months! Its a 9 hour surgery!

Good luck Flirty Hope to hear from you when your internet is working again!!!!

Jo xxxx

(my god I ramble on....sorry:blushing:)

Hi odge really well done on the weight loss:thumbup: My god gym twice in the one day:w00t: you really are going for it , good on you girl. The wls thing you were saying is on special. I have booked for my first fill on August the 11th do you think the special will still be on then? Good luck to Flirty hope everything goes as she wants. Going to work just now last day as Im flying out to Belgium tomorrow and to be honest Im sh**ing myself. Jx

Hi all,

Thanks Sammy,Gillian,wishful for ur welcome I really appreciate ur support as I feel I'm living double life I have only told hubby,mum & dad and a friend (I do intend to tell my best mates this w/e but at present I have no intention of telling my manager,colleagues,neighbours etc.Which is totally not like me usually I can't hold my Water !

But I feel this is very personal and am so anxious I don't want to listen to what they think, as I think there is alot of ignorance re. this procedure. And it's only when I researched it myself I began to realize as so many have said before that band is a tool/aid that I have to learn to work with to achieve the result I 'm hoping for.

Have others kept this to their nearest and dearest or do most people talk openly about it.

It's all new to me as I don't know anyone who has been banded. I would appreciate ur opinions. :thumbup:

Hi anitahug, Im being banded on Friday and I have only told my Husband, workmate and sister. I havent told my sons who live with me or my mum. I havent told my work or anyone else. Its a personal thing and I just feel I want to keep it to myself for now. I will see how it transpires when I return. Jx:bored:

Hi all,

It's all new to me as I don't know anyone who has been banded. I would appreciate ur opinions. :thumbup:

Hi

I've kept mine secret from all and sundry - just my husband, son, daughter and best friend know. I was banded 26/5 and have lost 12 kilo's so its starting to become noticeable to others. When asked I say I'm on a low fat diet (true) and that I'm eating less and exercising more (also true). The band restricts intake but you still have to do all the hard work! I don't want to hear what other people think or have anyone judging me about the band which is why I haven't said anything to anyone else. Hope this helps you.

Westie x