Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Flirty, i will let you know if i find anyone!

Also just to let you know that i can also still eat bread only a very small amount. Its funny that i can still eat bread but still not meat since my last fill...weird

Are u on bebo or Facebook caroline? Ah this is great someone else who can eat bread im actually excited i had a bit of discomfort today even though its a horrible feeling lol

BTW - after a fill how many days is it on liquids/puree?

Thanks

hi sammy, think all the fill nurses say different things but we are told liquid such as slimfast or clear Soups for 3 days and then mushies for another 3 or 4. your fill person will tell you anyway what they recommend x

Hi caroline no i never thought to ask him but i think i mite have a little restriction today cos i got stuck on stuff i usually dont or should i say i got uncomfortable... Yeah i was thinking that about my arms i wonder where could i find a good surgeon id hate real bad scars to my elbow its really from top of my arm just to near half way to my elbow id need done id hate the scar to go whole way to elbow but id like it nice and firm too so if u know anywhere or find a surgeon be sure to keep me posted x

ive read about the different ways they can do the arm lift and it sounds like you would do really well with the one they do from the arm pit like carrie says..esp as its only the top part of your upper arm, your young and will have good healing skin id have thought too..but you wouldnt see a scar with that one...hope you find a surgeon to do a good job x

Hi gillian yeah it sounds good alright its just finding a surgeon its not as easy as finding a good band surgeon and there are so many companys doing it i mailed the spire in liverpool the arm lift is 3900 and its around the same in mc indoe clinic i seen it on that programme bout weight loss patients michelle from wls was on it and had a consultation in it i wonder is it good? Il prob get it done in uk as with the sterling rate it would be alot cheaper than here i rang several hospitals arm lifts are 6000-7000 and Tummy Tuck is 8000-10000 (5095 sterlin in spire) so please anyone who knows of a good surgeon or had any of the op's let me know i think il treat myself to a bit of Lipo too the boobs wil prob be last to be done so not even thinking of them yet lol

Hi gillian yeah it sounds good alright its just finding a surgeon its not as easy as finding a good band surgeon and there are so many companys doing it i mailed the spire in liverpool the arm lift is 3900 and its around the same in mc indoe clinic i seen it on that programme bout weight loss patients michelle from wls was on it and had a consultation in it i wonder is it good? Il prob get it done in uk as with the sterling rate it would be alot cheaper than here i rang several hospitals arm lifts are 6000-7000 and Tummy Tuck is 8000-10000 (5095 sterlin in spire) so please anyone who knows of a good surgeon or had any of the op's let me know i think il treat myself to a bit of Lipo too the boobs wil prob be last to be done so not even thinking of them yet lol

i saw that prog on tv..michelle didnt have it done straight away as she had just found out she was pregnant. when i spoke to michelle i wanted to ask her about her pregnancy/baby etc but didnt like to,i thought it might have said summat on web siite or an announcement in news letter we get, but nothing mentioned..i will ask my fill nurse next week, shell know, ill ask her if shes had the surgery done yet too. do the hospital group do those type of arm lifts?..ill have a look round, but the best thing is a recommendation from someone who has already had it done isnt it. i got a list from wls of very reasonable priced surgery..prob at that clinic, mc indoe did you say?. good luck with your research anyway x

Yeah that would be great if u could ask wendy about clinics cos i know i could get it done cheap in belgium but i met a girl at fills who had arm lift done there and the scars were that bad she was going to get it redone so id be very nervous about the scars more than the actual surgery i wouldnt mind a fine tidy scar but hers was extremely thick and lumpy and very dark... Id be afraid of going to some cosmetic clinics here too id near rather go to a proper general hospital id feel a bit safer

Oh im 3lb away from my easter target of 6stone so im praying for a miracle at the minute between now and sunday lol Id be so thrilled even if i could make it in the next week or so

Hi flirtylass when you are ready to go for any surgery ask the surgeon can you see pics of before and after pics of any surgery he has done.. i had breast reduction (on the nhs) and the surgeon shown me a lot of pics of patients, also a lot of nhs surgeons also do private so you could speak to your gp and ask him/her to recommend a surgeon for you. Well done on your weight loss, hope you get your easter target.. dont av any eggs lol x

Ah thanks wishfull i never thought of that i know most of the places i rang over here do the arm lift but not on a regular basis which also worried me so i have alot of info to get together i want the arms done asap but no dont think i will have any eggs they dont taste as good as slimmer feels and i really mean that

Oh im 3lb away from my easter target of 6stone so im praying for a miracle at the minute between now and sunday lol Id be so thrilled even if i could make it in the next week or so

yes best keep off those easter eggs then!...well done so far, youve done fantastic!.. i will ask wendy about the clinics they use and how michelles went if shes had it done yet. i have seen some bad results with arm lifts(lumpy, uneven, dark scarring etc)..where i thought that their bingo wings woulda looked better!..so its important you see some before and after pics as wishfull says. im sure youll find someone good,with all your research x

Yeah I saw that programme with Michelle from WLS on it. I hope everything went OK with the baby.

I'm having my 1st fill with Fred then WLS. I can not wait!

We went for a lovely long walk this morning along the river - it was glorious!

Flirty you have done so well with ur weight loss. I can't wait to start seeing the results. I have lost about 12 lb and now it's stuck so hopefully this fill will kick start the weight loss again! It's not long until summer - am dreading it in many ways. This time next year with a bit of luck I'll be looking forward to wearing those lovely summer dresses!

Hi sammy you have done well with your weight loss so far.. it isnt 4 weeks since your op, hasnt it gone quick tho. I cant wait to get my fill and fingers crossed it will kick start my weight loss.. i was doing well with the loss but its been at a stand still for weeks, it hasnt moved at all since my last fill which is a bit frustrating. Might see you tomorrow and freckles x

Hi wishfull and sammy you both have done brilliant so far please dont worry bout the standstill in the weeks after my op i had a standstill for about 3weeks then gained a lb the following week i think this is normal and part of the healing process also before u have a few fills people usually find the loss slows right down

:smile:hi flirty, just wondered if when you went for your fills you had come across a girl from dublin called Tracey Stapleton?..she was in the bed at the side of me in belgium,and wondered how she was going on..shes a lovely girl with long dark hair..she wasnt on the forum tho..she said a lot of her friends had had the band and they were all slim now!..anyway, if you hear her name called in the waiting room while having a fill..just say hi to her from gillian will you and give her my best wishes!. thanks! x