Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi shoes the day after my surgery i managed to have 1/4 cup a Soup and the same on the sun morn b4 our flight home, i couldnt manage any more than that, i did take slim fast with me but just didnt want it. A couple of days after i got home my diet was actimel yoghurt drink for Breakfast, 1/2 slimfast for my lunch and 1/2 cup a soup for my tea.. i really couldnt eat any more as that was filling me up and keeping me satisfied. My diet now is actimel drink for breakfast, 1/2 slim fast for my lunch, i have the other 1/2 about 3-4 o clock when i feel a bit peckish and then iv been having salmon and veg most days for my tea.. chewed very well i might ad, i have had poached egg for a change and Pasta with bolognese made with quorn, i enjoyed them both. I dont feel that i need or want to snack in between. Some i know are having Protein Drinks some the slimfast i dont think there is much difference. Hope this has helped x :biggrin:

Thanks Wishfull,I wasn't sure what to bring with me its all these little things your not sure about,I'm so glad found this forum its a god send great support for me you don't feel so alone everybody nos exactly what you are going through keep up the good work guy's with your post:thumbup:

Wishfull best of luck with your fill I'm sure it will be fine

hi shoes, like kerry i took slim fast but just didnt want them after, i had cupasoup the day i came out and a small carton of apple juice that lasted me all day sipping thro the straw. cup of teas go down well too..i took some lucozade energy tablets to suck on the morning we were leaving for home(very early!) so i wouldnt feel too shaky or anything,(it was cold rainy and id only had 2 hrs sleep) think they helped too..but most of all, get loadsa rest!..even if you do feel fine, cos it will catch up with you day or so later. when is your date? anyway, good luck! gillian x:thumbup:

Just got back from having my fill.. i dont know why i felt nervous because i didnt feel the injection AT ALL, you can feel the Fluid going in a bit but it was nothing. I have had 3ml put in i did ask for 4ml but i couldnt. He shown me my notes on his laptop and the size of my band and how much fill it can take, i have only got a small band because my stomach is small, he said. (yeh like woteva) Im glad i didnt change to go to another clinic and decided to stay with frederik, he has got all our notes in front of him and keeps a record of how we are doing, He was running late cos his flight was 1 1/2 hrs late yet he asked me loads of questions and didnt rush me at all. I met miss flump there, she went in for her 1st fill just after me, we had a bit of a catch up while in the waiting room x

Edited by wishfull

Hi shoes, i would say to you to take nurofen melts for the pain relief.. the painkillers the hospital give you to put in Water are awful, i tried putting em in apple juice and it was no better. I found the nurofen helped.. just take one at a time or your mouth froths lol. I dont think i had a lot of pain just stinging in the port area, i just felt crappy after the anaesthetic, anything else just ask x

:biggrin: Hi all you pre banders!.. the paracetamol tablets they give you from hosp that dissolve are disgusting, like kerry said, but they were very good(i did mine in apple juice too but drunk in one and braved it!)..i took calpol 6+ too that was good..and heard theres some sweet ones that melt on your tongue(on TV advert) suppose they will be good too..but experiment..and its only about 3 days youll need em for anyway...you can take the paracetamol AND the neurofen at the same time you know too.. so double painkiller! another tip..get some gentle laxative medecine in too, cos your body will react to new way of eating,and will be up and down for a while if you know what i mean!..one thing or another!.and get some plasters in too, youll need 5 at a time.youll prob change em about 3 times..dont get really expensive ones..as long as they have sticky all the way round (borderless) bigsister got some brilliant and cheap ones (packs of 5 too!) from lloyds chemist...called "op-site" better than the boots ones i paid a fiver for! and they stay on in shower well..and get some bio oil in to massage into your scars, i started from the day i had my blue stitch out at docs day 10..and they are looking better and flatter already.(oh and the dints have gone now TC!) even though they are still a bit sore,as the dissolving stitches dissolve. Gillian x :crying:

Good tips on the dressings gillian.. i have been rubbing baby oil into my scares and they have healed nice, they just look like scratches and its cheaper than the bio-oil. I had a cup of Soup for my tea and couldnt manage a whole one.. think the fill has done some good but i suppose ill have to wait a few days to see if has worked properly and if i have got any restriction x

Hi girlies, feels like I havent been here for ages.

Firstly hope everything goes great for Mmm and Lewisabbeyalyssa & her mum, wil be thinking of you all tomorrow.

Well we left our house at 8:30 this morning and after 2 stop offs (for the loo) we arrived at the Spire Southampton at 12:25.

My appointment was at 1pm, so had a coffee and a smoke and then went in.:blush:

I saw the dietician first who weighed me and measured my height.

I am now 1 and a half stone heavier than when I went for my first op. And not only that I was 5ft 7ins and now she reckons I'm 5ft 51/2ins.

I said great!! When I came in I was tall and slim and now I'm short and fat:smilielol5::thumbup:

Anyway she gave me the pre-op liver-shrinking diet, which she said she gave me last time, and I must have been on drugs or summat cos I couldnt even remember and certainly didnt stick to any diet :unsure:

But I will really try hard these next couple of weeks.

She didnt even want to hear about my diet shake, cos she said thats full of sugar also, even though she's never heard of it.:)

The nurse took my blood and did the swab up the nose test for MRSA screening.

Then I had a consultation with the anaesthetist who told me off again for smoking and that everything seemed the same as it was 3 years ago and I would be fine. He explained that I would have more pain this time because of the opening of the old wounds:crying:

Another thing he told me was that there was no way that the pressure in the cabin from a long haul flight would tighten my band!!!!!

So I must have made that up myself, but I did assure him that it happened to me on 6 occasions.

He thinks I'm a loony toon.:w00t:

I couldnt wait to have a chat with Michael ( Van den Bossche) my surgeon, because by this time it was 3pm, and we had the 4 hour journey home to think about. I had to leave my Mum in bed (she stays in bed mostly anyway) and asked my 2 daughters to call in at different times to check on her.

I left her a brekky and a lunch, they just had to give it to her.

Anyway he came and shook my hand and told me he had the box of 'bands' from the manufacturer...small medium and large????? And he'd see which was best for me...hello, nobody has ever mentioned this before?:unsure:

I'd forgotten just how charming and nice he is, he really makes you feel important, and has a lovely manner.

He really is a gentleman.

My tests should be ready tomorrow and if I dont hear anything then my op will be penned in for the 26th.

I will phone MVDB's secretary on Monday to check.

We didnt get home until 8:pm, what a drag that journey was.

Anyway thats the story update, sorry if I rambled on a bit, but I'm starting to get nervous already.:w00t:

Hi freckles i mean shorty (even tho im 5ft 2) im glad evertything has gone ok for you today and your finally going to get your new band. Frederik told me today about the different size bands they use and said dr chris only knows which one he is going to use when he is doing the op and he can see the size of your stomach.. he said iv got the small one and thats why i could only have a 3ml fill, i seen the notes so i know he was telling me the truth. Good luck with your pre-op diet x

hi shoes, like kerry i took slim fast but just didnt want them after, i had cupasoup the day i came out and a small carton of apple juice that lasted me all day sipping thro the straw. cup of teas go down well too..i took some lucozade energy tablets to suck on the morning we were leaving for home(very early!) so i wouldnt feel too shaky or anything,(it was cold rainy and id only had 2 hrs sleep) think they helped too..but most of all, get loadsa rest!..even if you do feel fine, cos it will catch up with you day or so later. when is your date? anyway, good luck! gillian x:thumbup:[/

Thanks Gillian that's a great help a least i no what to take with me,good idea the lucozade tablets i suffer with low blood pressure especially after anacestic need to take something like that my date is 6th March starting to get a bit nervous now,:thumbup:

Hi Wishfull glad your fill went ok thanks for all your tips:smile:

Hi Everyone

Ive not posted on here for a while. I went for my fifth fill yesterday. I now have 5cc and hoping this will make a big difference. Ive lost 4 stone 3lb which Im really pleased with. Its good to hear everyone is doing so well.

EnglishRose

Well done englishrose your doing great.. i cant wait to post results like that. Did you go to manchester for your fill x

Hi shoes i also had low blood pressure after my surgery and i think thats why i felt like crap, i would say to you if you dont feel good at the airport on the way home ask them for a wheel chair.. i had one and the porter took me straight through the airport with no queues, that really helped. I think without it i would of fainted. Also do you know you have to take Multivitamins? i started taking mine when i started my pre-op and i still take them every day, i have got chewable multivitamins with vit b from holland and barret... they are to help with your hair and nails because your body isnt getting everything it needs after your op because of limited diet, Wouldnt want you getting up one morn with no hair lol x :ohmy:

Edited by wishfull

Hi shoes i also had low blood pressure after my surgery and i think thats why i felt like crap, i would say to you if you dont feel good at the airport on the way home ask them for a wheel chair.. i had one and the porter took me straight through the airport with no queues, that really helped. I think without it i would of fainted. Also do you know you have to take multivitamins? i started taking mine when i started my pre-op and i still take them every day, i have got chewable multivitamins with vit b from holland and barret... they are to help with your hair and nails because your body isnt getting everything it needs after your op because of limited diet, Wouldnt want you getting up one morn with no hair lol x :ohmy:

Hi Wishfull i did'nt know when to start taking Vitamins i will have to start pr op diet this time next week,i have to get some in ,the only thing i like about myself at the mo is my hair can you imagine i would have a hearth attack:w00t:I hope my blood pressure does'nt play up to much fingers crossed,can i ask you do you get a visit from doc in your hotel before you head home, did you have to pay money day before surgery my brother has me a bit worried he says its a bit odd collecting money before surgery if your where having surgery here you would pay on the day at the hosp:confused:

Hi everyone

Freckles - I am glad you are nearly 'sorted' what a journey you have had in more ways than one!!

Wishful - I am glad the fill went OK and you get some restriction from it.

Englishrose - that weight loss is great, when was your band fitted?

My mum bought me some liquid multivitamins from the health food shop yesterday - sweet of her!

One of my friends is staying with me as she has a 2 month contract working near to where I live. She was reading one of my mags which had an article on Fern in it. She started talking about gastric bands and wondered how they worked. Mum and I looked at each other and I told her all about my forthcoming op. I was going to tell her anyway and she was pleased for me as she knows what a life long battle I have had with my weight. I won't be telling many people though but I know she will be supportive.

I have been making my baby some baby foods this morning - pureed veg etc. I will be stealing some off him!! :ohmy: