Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st actual meal 23 days POSt Op

I don't get it. Why would you choose this kind of food for your first post op meal??? To repeat what most of the others have said, you still have an open incision line on the inside of your stomach. How can you think that this is a reasonable choice, and oh yeah, throw some liquor in too!

Why did you bother having surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So usually I get really mad when I see a bunch of judgmental comments when people admit to cheating but this post doesn't even acknowledge there's a problem with this picture. Even the shrimp scampi would have been difficult at 23 days. I had a plain shirt cocktail at a holiday reception at about 8 weeks out and couldn't even eat half a shrimp. I can understand why if out on a date or out with friends who don't know you were sleeved you may feel embarrassed to order something sleeve appropriate (I've been there), but seriously there must have been some other choices. I think as long as you explain you are on a diet people accept that. Say you want to stick to the Soup or appetizers and you are on a low carb diet. Get sauces on the side...

I am glad you followed your plan and had the "plain shirt cocktail" at only 8 weeks out. At 12 weeks you can have a sweater cocktail when your stomach is more healed. :)

(Don't you just love autocorrect).

Petrified of rice ! And I didn't have the surgery to eat like that . That was the whole point . Needless to say had my surgery nov 28 and I can't get down more then three or four bites . Weird .

So usually I get really mad when I see a bunch of judgmental comments when people admit to cheating but this post doesn't even acknowledge there's a problem with this picture. Even the shrimp scampi would have been difficult at 23 days. I had a plain shirt cocktail at a holiday reception at about 8 weeks out and couldn't even eat half a shrimp. I can understand why if out on a date or out with friends who don't know you were sleeved you may feel embarrassed to order something sleeve appropriate (I've been there), but seriously there must have been some other choices. I think as long as you explain you are on a diet people accept that. Say you want to stick to the Soup or appetizers and you are on a low carb diet. Get sauces on the side...

I am glad you followed your plan and had the "plain shirt cocktail" at only 8 weeks out. At 12 weeks you can have a sweater cocktail when your stomach is more healed. :)

(Don't you just love autocorrect).

LOL!! Autocorrect is sooo much fun, isn't it! Shrimp was ok on my plan but I couldn't tolerate it at 8 weeks.

Everyone's post-op plan is different, I'm on week 7 and I'm allowed to start introducing basically any food chewed very well, just no more than 1/2 cup, although I've been sticking to small salad with little bits of shredded turkey. My plan is in no way close to others I've seen on here

post-306237-14838873141615_thumb.jpg post-306237-1483887326153_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SamsungGalaxy using BariatricPal App

So, looking at this poster's history, she's consumed greasy chicken 10 days out, eaten Chinese food, pizza, had lots of drinks and the meal posted in the OP. She chose to skip the puréed stage and has vomited/felt sick due to her eating habits on several occasions.

I'm sincerely flummoxed here.

So, looking at this poster's history, she's consumed greasy chicken 10 days out, eaten Chinese food, pizza, had lots of drinks and the meal posted in the OP. She chose to skip the puréed stage and has vomited/felt sick due to her eating habits on several occasions.

More perplexing is if she's eaten all of that, how is this considered her "first meal"?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Newsflash!

Some people shouldn't have WLS because they aren't ready to change their relationship with food and think just because they can eat less it will work.

Film at 11.

More perplexing is if she's eaten all of that, how is this considered her "first meal"?

Good observation!

I was thinking to myself while reading this: "If I wanted to get a good chuckle, and role up all my pals at BP, how could I do that?"

I can't help but feel that if anyone really did eat pizza, fried chicken, a shrimp and Pasta extravaganza chased with some cocktails 3 weeks after a stomachs surgery, they probably wouldn't be bragging about it on a surgery forum to people who actually take it seriously. Someone's yanking our chains here.

Good observation!

I was thinking to myself while reading this: "If I wanted to get a good chuckle, and role up all my pals at BP, how could I do that?"

I can't help but feel that if anyone really did eat pizza, fried chicken, a shrimp and Pasta extravaganza chased with some cocktails 3 weeks after a stomachs surgery, they probably wouldn't be bragging about it on a surgery forum to people who actually take it seriously. Someone's yanking our chains here.

Yeah, the trolls have been out in full force for some reason as of late. They seem to get their jollies riling up the masses.

It is interesting how everyone's plan is different. The literature provided to me by my surgeon's office says that all foods are allowed after week 5 (within reason of course). It provides guidance on what nutritious eating is and the proper way to chew/eat, but there are no "outlawed" foods like nuts, seeds, etc.

Regardless, I'm choosing to stick with more easily digestible foods for a while. Zero complications for White Sale, please and thank you.