Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st actual meal 23 days POSt Op

I am 6 days post-op Gastric Bypass and that plate and the specific cocktail you named sounds amazing to me!!! I know it's the devil in angel clothes though because it's that same kind of plate and drink that made me an out of control food addict, and miserably overweight... I am reminded of why I have gone through this tremendously painful surgery and very expensive out of pocket expense when I see this plate and can't help but feel ashamed that I'm even slightly tempted. I'm not judging you, but please always remember why you had surgery. Remember how far you have come and what an absolute blessing you have been given with your new tool, and don't abuse it. I want you to be as successful as possible, and we all have our own demons we must confront, so stay strong on your path and don't give in to temptation!!! I don't see a problem with a few bites if you can stop there, as long as your doc says it's okay. Take care of yourself always!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I just wanted to say I love this kind, understanding and helpful post. This is what being a Bariatric PAL is about. Not mocking people or trying to make them feel horrible for an uninformed choice.

If you read this posters profile she doesn't' have medical insurance and paid out of pocket. She isn't in a program and doesn't have the information we do. This was our chance to help her and instead she's been run off by people just being mean because they are stunned by what she posted. It makes me sad. Seeing posts like yours makes me feel a bit better about our fellow travelers of this weird, life changing journey.

There is enough information in her bio to figure out that she isn't a troll. I was able to find her on farcebook and she posted recently. The only thing that I can say is that she needs help and I feel sorry for her.

Oh my!! Just found her on Facebook myself

35 days out and Im still at 2 oz of food. Thats plate makes my stomach hurt just looking at it. Cant imagine even eating one bite of anything on there at this point.

I am 6 days post-op Gastric Bypass and that plate and the specific cocktail you named sounds amazing to me!!! I know it's the devil in angel clothes though because it's that same kind of plate and drink that made me an out of control food addict, and miserably overweight... I am reminded of why I have gone through this tremendously painful surgery and very expensive out of pocket expense when I see this plate and can't help but feel ashamed that I'm even slightly tempted. I'm not judging you, but please always remember why you had surgery. Remember how far you have come and what an absolute blessing you have been given with your new tool, and don't abuse it. I want you to be as successful as possible, and we all have our own demons we must confront, so stay strong on your path and don't give in to temptation!!! I don't see a problem with a few bites if you can stop there, as long as your doc says it's okay. Take care of yourself always!

I just wanted to say I love this kind, understanding and helpful post. This is what being a Bariatric PAL is about. Not mocking people or trying to make them feel horrible for an uninformed choice.

If you read this posters profile she doesn't' have medical insurance and paid out of pocket. She isn't in a program and doesn't have the information we do. This was our chance to help her and instead she's been run off by people just being mean because they are stunned by what she posted. It makes me sad. Seeing posts like yours makes me feel a bit better about our fellow travelers of this weird, life changing journey.

I think you are giving her too much credit calling this meal an uninformed choice. She was on this board for a long time before her surgery if you look at her join date. So she knew...but she also clearly has a totally different view on life based on what I saw on her profile here and on FB. Her niche is BBW adult entertainment, which means she never intended to get to a normal BMI or a healthy weight. She has to stay big for her fan base.

She just needed to drop 50 lbs quickly without the constraints of the programs we have in the US. I just hope it's worth it when she's an old lady looking back at it.

I sincerely hope no one is judging her for her choice of profession, or her FB profile. Personally, I am all about making it work with what you've got! Clearly she has a strong sense of self confidence and I say MORE POWER to HER!

I worry more about her food choices and what they could do to her Healthwise. That's the ONLY issue here.

We all start at different weights and have different goals. I agree with LipstickLady and I worry for her health. It also makes me sad that she would let her profession keep her in the chains of obesity! I worry for her mental health and self-image as well. I wish her the best of all life has to offer and the freedom to chose what makes her the happiest!!

I think you are giving her too much credit calling this meal an uninformed choice. She was on this board for a long time before her surgery if you look at her join date. So she knew...but she also clearly has a totally different view on life based on what I saw on her profile here and on FB. Her niche is BBW adult entertainment, which means she never intended to get to a normal BMI or a healthy weight. She has to stay big for her fan base.

She just needed to drop 50 lbs quickly without the constraints of the programs we have in the US. I just hope it's worth it when she's an old lady looking back at it.

Which is exactly why I said there's nothing really to see here. She knows what she is doing and has her own reasons..

I think I am giving her a fair amount of benefit of doubt. We don't know her. I see you making a lot of negative assumptions about her and judgements. If you really want to help her you'd be trying to understand her perspective and then assist her to a more healthy set of information and guidelines. I saw one poster, who's always there to snark, mock the OP's profile which then lead to others looking at her profile and then to her FB page. To me this seems like the least friendly or "Pal" place.

@@LittleLizzieLilliput

She's an entertainer and a businesswoman. If she didn't want people to find her, I am certain she is intelligent enough NOT to use her real name (or at least, her FB name) on her BP profile.

I, too, hope no one is mocking her, but finding her? I don't see the issue in that.

There is enough information in her bio to figure out that she isn't a troll. I was able to find her on farcebook and she posted recently. The only thing that I can say is that she needs help and I feel sorry for her.

I agree with you that this stuff makes me sad. I stumbled upon a vlog of a young girl post surgery talking about her first drink etc etc, she wasn't following plan either, was getting into it with people offering constructive criticisim, fast forward to a few years later, her vlog show that she is now an alcoholic and has countless health issues including seizures. It was her last vlog and it was 5 years ago. Have a feeling there was not a good outcome there...was disheartening.