Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear liquids - list

I buy these Protein Bullets (42gr Protein each; 2 = 84gr and 6.2 oz) and mix 2 in 16oz bottle add Water to top -- they count as clear liquid, don't taste bad when dilluted either. Each day your goal is to get this 16oz bottle in (you have meet your protein goal)-- then you can have anything else you desire that you are allowed.

I have done this coming home from surgery on the 4-9 for 2 weeks - and didn't feel tired or any other side effects --I now only do 1 in 1/2 bottle for Breakfast each morning. I drink this then concentrate on getting additional 64oz plus of crystal light -- and such.

Whey 42 Liquid Protein fruit Punch by IDS Sports - VitaminShoppe.com this is where I get mine!

Best wishes on your new Journey!

I agree with the lack of Protein causing the weakness. I was walking 30 minutes on day 5, could only walk 20 minutes the following day, and none the next. I was able to start on soy milk and protein supplements on day 8 and it has made a world of difference. I had surgery on 9/5 and today I walked 40 minutes, then spent 2 1/2 hours walking around a street fair. I also recommend asking the doctor about adding protein. I have read and re-read the instructions and seem to learn something new each time. I'm on full liquids and feel very strong, just hungry!!!

Gina,

I was told that taking in more than 25 g. of Protein at one time is dangerous for your kidneys and that it should be spread throughout the day (3-4 hours between doses of protein). Are you taking in 84 grams all at once in the morning? Have you checked with your doc about this?

Cathy

The flavored Isopure drinks in glass bottles count as clear liquids. 5 or 6 different flavors and you can find them at places like GNC. They have 40 grams of Protein per bottle - but I agree that you should only take half the bottle at a time. I believe the Protein helped me recover as fast as I did and kept my energy up.

I was told to get in 60 grams of protein a day (each surgeon is different) so for my clear liquid days, I was drinking 1 and 1/2 bottles of Isopure a day, spread over 3 "meals".

My Dr instructions said if you can't read through it, you can't drink it. I think all dr's are different though. My dr has lenient phases and I start on mushies on po day 8. Sorry you aren't feeling your best!

Gina,

I was told that taking in more than 25 g. of Protein at one time is dangerous for your kidneys and that it should be spread throughout the day (3-4 hours between doses of protein). Are you taking in 84 grams all at once in the morning? Have you checked with your doc about this?

Cathy

1/3 bottle at Breakfast -Lunch - Dinner; then all the crystal light I wanted. Initially my doctor's goals was 60 gr of Protein -- then at post op appt asked me to up to 100gr and now at 120gr.

I just recently heard the "taking in more than 25 g. of protein at one time is dangerous for your kidneys" but I wonder if that is for those at ideal weight -- seems a person 300lbs or more would need more??

Something to research!

Wishing you the very best!

I was just looking up this info because my pre-op diet, while there is not a set amount of Protein required daily, comes out to about 120 g with my 2 Protein Shakes and 2 meals with lean meat. I found a site where you can enter your weight and it will tell you your daily protein requirement. Mine was 101g for 280 lbs. Hope this helps.