Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wasn't always a Floridian, but I've been one the past eight years. I don't like the cold but never knew how much until now. I'm sure shedding 60+ pounds of fat since mid July is part of the reason I'm so cold all of the time.

As I sit here in a Mexico City hotel, low 50s outside for a high, cloudy, gloomy, everyone looks bundled up; I didn't go out today. I'm chilled to the bone. And this time next week, (actually four days) I'll be at the start of the Christmas Market 3 week vacation four countries in Europe. What was I thinking???? I'm sure I have the right clothing, but I do not think I am going to enjoy this as much as I thought. And my daughter is hoping for snow..... yikes!!!

Anyone else notice how temperatures are affecting them now that we are slimming down?

Yep -- I have spent most of my life being hot-natured, but I get chilly quite easily these days!!

Yes, me to and i am a floridian. I live in pensacola fl, but ive lived all over the world because of the military. Anyone else have trouble sleeping? Ive had the worst case of insomnia since i had my surgery 7wks ago. I mean im up until about 530am then i dose off. Its really bad, and the worst case of heartburn.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

It's tough. I had surgery in July and have been dealing with it as well. I made a thread about it a few weeks ago and there were lots of strong suggestions from people on how to deal with it. Will try and find it for you.

PS- DF is one of my favorite cities in the world!

Edited by higher

It is a side effect of our increased metabolism. I'll take healthier and chilly over my warm fluffy layer of fat!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My colleague just told me the trick for the thermostat so I'm warming up. Lol

Yes terrible insomnia. One reason I wanted this surgery was because I use to lie in bed at night tossing and turning either obsessing about food or wondering when my weight was going to kill me, and how I didn't want to die young. Honestly this kept me up many nights. Now I just have insomnia. My ambien isn't even working as well.

DF is great except for the traffic. My hotel room is right over Reforma circle. Sunday they close it down for people to walk, bike, run, skate. My hotel lends out bikes, I hope to be there.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Yes I am 3 years out and I get cold a lot!! In fact we bought a electric blanket because we get so cold. I had a RNY and he had a Sleeve.

Biking along reforma must be fun. I usually stay in La Roma or Condesa and last time I was there was the first time I felt small enough to try the riding an ecobici around.

I bumped that other thread. Good suggestions in there. Enjoy DF!

Friends who have had the sleeve, which I'm in pre-op for, have warned me about this. I say to them that I can't wait for the day to come when I'm not sweating bullets at all times and constantly feeling overheated. They respond to me that being ice cold at all times isn't ideal either. I don't know which one I'd prefer - I guess being cold I can always throw on another layer?

Not excited for these northeast winters I endure yearly. Sigh.

Last winter, when I was 6 months out was hell. I was SO cold all the time and I had always been the fat hot one, throwing open windows and complaining about it.

A year later and not so much, although I still get cold, it doesn't seem as bad. We sleep in a bedroom that doesn't have the radiator switched on (ever) and we always have the window open a little. If I don't do this I have dreadful headaches the next day. Last winter I went to bed with socks on, sometimes wore a beanie and gloves to bed. Hubster thought it was hilarious! I have learnt to dress differently (more layers) and maybe thats helped too.

Winter is coming (said in a Game of Thrones voice lol) :P

Kate

I'm still the one complaining about how "hot it's in here".

I'm usually chilly in the late evening and early mornings, in other words: when I'm tired but that didn't get worse so far.

Your not alone. I have lived in Florida since 1983. I was always hot and wanting the AC on and cooler than others. Since losing over 277 pounds I find I am cold when others weighing less than I am are comfortable. I wear a snuggle and even sometimes am under a blanket during the night while watching TV. My always feel cold to me but when I touch them they aren't. I never used a blanket in bed before, but this year I pulled a blanket off the shelf 2 days ago as I was freezing. I still have 40 pounds to get to goal and I can't imagine how I will be able to handle getting colder.

YES!!! I am constantly freezing. And living in Washington State our winters have a tendency to be a touch on the cold side. Not looking forward to this winter.

Yes, all of the weight loss is making things normal for you again. Being cold is definitely uncomfortable. :-) Bundle up in Europe! :P ;)