Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days til surgery - - - LAST SUPPER?!!

my lapband surgery is scheduled for the morning of THIS friday, Sept 14th!!!

i'm so excited and anxious but now feeling as it comes down to the wire that i'm also getting VERY VERY NERVOUS!

i keep thinking that i need to take myself out to dinner tonight (WED) for a sort of a "Last Supper", if you will. But i can't seem to figure out what type of food i might miss the most or what i really really want to eat in case i can't eat it Post Op. I've heard that some things like rice, bread, and Pasta just aren't for everyone and that until i'm banded i won't know what i can and can't do.

so, now, i'm stressing a lil over the surgery just in general nervousness like w/any surgery and being under anthesia. but the other part of me doesn't know IF i should treat myself to a "Last Supper" and if so, then WHAT?

Lets face it, I don't really have any favorites. My tendency was to not realize I am full until its practically too late.

so, tell me....i know the nervousness is normal....but did anyone go and have a LAST MEAL or LAST SUPPER of their favorite dish, and if so...what was it?

thanks! xoxo, hazeleyegrl1

holy crap! no. they never mentioned it. and i spoke w/the nurse this morning.

i gotta go grab my pre op/post op package and RE-read the info. perhaps you are correct and now that would mean that i am PAST the point of a "last supper". if so, i will deal w/it and get over it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE QUICK REPLY!!! sounds like i have some investigating and some phone calls to make BEFORE I EAT ANYTHING ELSE!

xoxo, hazeleyegrl1

ok, i just checked my packet. their are no specific requirements as far as diet goes for WED before my FRI surgery. now thursday (the day before) is a different subject. i will still call first thing in the morning to the Dr. office BEFORE consuming any food though.

MAN!!! i hope that i can still get a LAST MEAL in tomorrow for lunch! if not, i will deal w/it. thanks for your concern and info!

xoxo, hazeleyegrl1

Hazely, I was told by my dr to not do the last meal thing. She put me on liquids/protein drink for the month prior to my surgery, to shrink the liver and get me used to the liquid only part. I was like you, nervous and anxious all at the same time, waiting for the big day. I'm really surprised that they didnt put you on a pre-op plan. You are one of the lucky ones. Keep us posted on your progress......Dave

Wow. If I could have had a last meal, what would it be?

A mac and cheese sandwich? Just to get the Pasta and bread into one lol.

Turkey with all the trimmings?

Fettacini Alfredo?

Shut my mouth it's making me hungry.

See you in bandland - mine's tomorrow!

i'm so excited and anxious but now feeling as it comes down to the wire that i'm also getting VERY VERY NERVOUS!

i keep thinking that i need to take myself out to dinner tonight (WED) for a sort of a "Last Supper", if you will. But i can't seem to figure out what type of food i might miss the most or what i really really want to eat in case i can't eat it Post Op. I've heard that some things like rice, bread, and Pasta just aren't for everyone and that until i'm banded i won't know what i can and can't do.

so, now, i'm stressing a lil over the surgery just in general nervousness like w/any surgery and being under anthesia. but the other part of me doesn't know IF i should treat myself to a "Last Supper" and if so, then WHAT?

Lets face it, I don't really have any favorites. My tendency was to not realize I am full until its practically too late.

so, tell me....i know the nervousness is normal....but did anyone go and have a LAST MEAL or LAST SUPPER of their favorite dish, and if so...what was it?

Hi, while I sympathize with your nervousness, I do not recommend having a "Last Supper".

In my opinion, there really is not a need for one, because the premise is that the patient's life is going to change so drastically, and that they will be denied and deprived of their favorite foods.

THAT HAS NOT BEEN MY EXPERIENCE WITH LAP-BAND, EXCEPT THE IMMEDIATE POST-SURGERY TIME FOR HEALING.

So, if a person still will be able to enjoy their favorite foods (In moderation, with some exceptions) then in my mind, the reason for a "Last Supper" is false.

And if you were wondering, no, I did not have one. :)

Where are you scheduled to have surgery? I am also having surgery on Friday. Dr. Felix Spiegel will be banding me in Houston, Texas. I am so ready to have it done. I also have to be on a liquid diet Thursday. Good luck.

Where is your surgery scheduled? I will be banded at University General Hospital in Houston on Friday. Nervous but excited.

Good for you! My big day was last Friday. My Dr. didn't require a pre-op diet, but I chose to do liquids the day before. They told me to have a light meal. I didn't wanna be nausous or be carring a bunch of food around in my intestines. On a normal day I have trouble with bowel movements. I felt sure I'd never pooh again after the surgery and annesthesia!!! Just give yourself the best possible start. Don't go crazy, just sample. I'm sure your allready in the healthy mind set. And don't worry.... strangly the first few days after I was repulsed by the sight of food. Then no appetite for a few days. It's comming back a little bit now. But no where near how hungry I used to be. I know it will come back. But atleast the gods of lap band are giving me a break durning the liquids only phase. Good Luck!

I didn't set out to have a last meal, but I did have Chinese and I really regretted it. I ate WAY too much and had a stomach ache all night before surgery. It was STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! I half expected my doctor to scold me after the operation. A few bites of something is one thing, but some kind of weird panic mode set in and I proceeded to eat everything but the kitchen sink. It was a BAD CHOICE.

lol i think we all go through that what will be my last meal etc. I did NOT have to do a pre-op diet but i did liquids for 4 days prior to my surgery which was last week sept 7th. After 46 yrs of eating they way i did and look where it got me to the OR for wt loss surgery. I know what every kind of food in the world taste like so there was nothing that i need to have in my body so i said cleanse your body the best you can don't polute it any more than u have over the yrs it was tough but i did just that, don't get me wrong i'm no staint, Hubby and I did hit the olive Garden sunday for dinner and they couldn't cook those bread sticks fast enough lol

best of luck with your surgery tomorrow the first few days for me were not any fun but every day makes a huge difference with recovery i'm feeling great 6 days post-op out doing yard work and shopping already!

cin,

Dr. Hadar Spivak is doing my LapBand surgery. I'm scheduled for 8am tomorrow morning! So very excited! I'm having it done at the Surgery Center on South Main in Houston.

Dr. Spivak performs surgeries @ the surgery center AND at the park plaza hospital, I just chose the surgery center because that is where he goes first on friday morning, and i've waited a very long time for this. i don't want to have to wait around all day if possible. i'm just ready to get it done and get home to recovery land.

thanks everyone for all your input! i love this website! everyone is so friendly and helpful! it totally ROCKS!