Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric bypass still on full liquid I want to eat applebees

there were some pretty uneccessarily harsh comments here, I hope this doesn't discourage you! For those of you who did that, shame on you. She was seeking advice from others so that she COULD stay on her plan and wondered if anyone else had been to this restaurant and had any suggestions. I have to attend a wedding this weekend, 9 days out from my procedure and had chosen my meal choice long ago - I will be gracious and accept the meal, pick at what I can, enjoy the sparkling Water w/lemon, and enjoy the reception. not planning on sitting at home either, but just as committed as any of you! Let's be nice, we're all "Pals!"

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I agree, I was kind of surprised at the responses. I feel like the more I see of this stuff the more I feel I might need to find a new group.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

wow, this is totally not at all why I installed and activated this app this mrng, I thought it was a place for support, guidance, direction, experience, maybe some occasional redirection if we've lost our way, but certainly not this kind of tit-for-tat vitriol among members. May have to reconsider this app and look for another.

What other app have you found? I'm getting intimidated by the aggressive tenor here. I'm all about love and support and am sensitive. If you've found something else I'd love to check it out.

I don't understand how you equate not going out or not eating applebees to someone is starving themselves. Those are not the only options. You absolutely CAN go out with friends and not eat. It's a choice. Congrats on the weight loss so far. It's great. But this period of time doesn't last and it's the CHOICES you continue to make that will dictate how much you lose and if it stays off. People here will give great advice but it's not necessarily sugarcoated.

Oh come on ALL. We are all in the same boat some just jumping into the Water earlier than others. That doesn't make anybody any different here. We ALL surgically altered our bodies to feel better about ourselves. Like your momma said" IF YOU DONT HAVE. ANYTHING NICE TO SAY than JUST Eat YOUR PROTIEN"

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Email: mr110726@gmail.com

Well, I, for one, am an old prude who enjoys sitting around my own crib with my posse of cats. I sit in my chair and read or watch TV while I eat my Soup and dribble it down the front of my housecoat.

Well I ate my Applebee's im just fine I had French onion Soup I had French onion soup before and it was nasty today it was good..and the reason I go out with my friends to eat because I watch Sunday football and refuse yo sit in the house and be an old prude I'm young I'm not going to sit in the crib and look at 4 walls lifestyle change doesn't mean go out and not eat

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I would suggest maybe looking at the menu before you go and seeing what you will be able to eat. IF there is nothing on the menu you can eat or have them modify for you bring a shake or something. Heck, I haven't even had my surgery yet and I look at menus before going out. It's helps going with a plan!

Oh come on ALL. We are all in the same boat some just jumping into the Water earlier than others. That doesn't make anybody any different here. We ALL surgically altered our bodies to feel better about ourselves. Like your momma said" IF YOU DONT HAVE. ANYTHING NICE TO SAY than JUST Eat YOUR PROTIEN"

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Email: mr110726@gmail.com

The problem with "saying some nice" is people come on here and ask if they can eat XYZ when they really are not supposed to be. Surgeons vary with their programs but when someone says "my program tells me X but I don't want to do that" people aren't going to say "go ahead and eat whatever you want, it's fine". And they SHOULDN'T say that.

Eating something you shouldn't too early can cause all kinds of problems, serious problems. It isn't just "oh, you might not lose weight if you eat that". Pushing your stomach to digest something when it isn't ready to do so can cause a leak. A leak can put you back in the hospital for weeks. It can be life threatening.

I visited several different surgeons before deciding who to have surgery with. They ALL said the ONLY times they have ever had people readmitted with a leak was when the person went home and did not follow the post-op eating instructions they have been given.

That being said, I gave good advice. Anyone who wants to go out to eat should look at the menu and plan before they go. Otherwise you are going to be sitting there asking for quick advice from strangers on some chat forum.

wow, this is totally not at all why I installed and activated this app this mrng, I thought it was a place for support, guidance, direction, experience, maybe some occasional redirection if we've lost our way, but certainly not this kind of tit-for-tat vitriol among members. May have to reconsider this app and look for another.

What other app have you found? I'm getting intimidated by the aggressive tenor here. I'm all about love and support and am sensitive. If you've found something else I'd love to check it out.

It would probably be better to find a real life support group. The internet is rarely a good place for sensitive people. Also, medical questions are best directed to your medical team. Asking strangers on the internet if you can ignore your surgeon's advice is never going to end well.

It would probably be better to find a real life support group. The internet is rarely a good place for sensitive people. Also, medical questions are best directed to your medical team. Asking strangers on the internet if you can ignore your surgeon's advice is never going to end well.
I don't think I'm wrong for expecting adults to interact with people in a kind and supportive manner, being sensitive shouldn't mean I can't participate.

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

I don't think I'm wrong for expecting adults to interact with people in a kind and supportive manner, being sensitive shouldn't mean I can't participate.

Nobody said you cant. But dont expect others to walk on eggshells because you are. If you cant or dontnwant to, thats your choice and nobody else made that choice for you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Nobody said you cant. But dont expect others to walk on eggshells because you are. If you cant or dontnwant to, thats your choice and nobody else made that choice for you.

How did this turn into you scolding me? You're the one jumping in on me asking the other poster for her forum suggestion. Its ok. You can let me be and I will let you be.

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

Remember, we each choose our own words. YOU choose how to interpret them. Perhaps if you are overly sensitive, you are choosing to read them with tone that is not meant to be unsupportive. We all communicate in different manners. Take what works for you and ignore the rest. That's the only way ANY public forum will work for you.

I have found while reading these boards over the past few weeks that there is a pretty wide range of people in terms of their mental preparedness, going into and coming out of surgery. Some people seem to have more difficulty letting go of their old lifestyle, and in my opinion they are likely the people who had less preparation time, paid out of pocket so weren't required to do the classes and such, and didn't have as much time to get their minds right before they went under the knife. Then there are people who really put in that work mentally, got their minds straightened out, and some of them can tend to be critical when they see someone doing something that is COMPLETELY nonsensical to them, but is the result of someone still struggling with giving up their old thought patterns and behaviors.

In this case, it's a reasonable question to find out what someone might be able to order at a restaurant that would work with their program. What ISN'T reasonable, and in my opinion worthy of a certain amount of razzing, is when someone comes on and proudly displays a photo of the fried chicken wing they're about to eat, two months post-op. That's someone who DOES NOT GET IT. Yet, anyway.

Let's remember that most of us have spent the better part of our lives having other people judge us about our eating. We're all here self-correcting and at various stages of the process. So when someone's screwing up, by all means they need to be called on it...but tact goes a long way :) Not trying to be a policeman, just a suggestion!

Edited by PorkChopExpress

How did this turn into you scolding me? You're the one jumping in on me asking the other poster for her forum suggestion. Its ok. You can let me be and I will let you be.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Where did I ask for another forum recommendation???