Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric bypass still on full liquid I want to eat applebees

I didn't realize that not liking applebees automatically equals old prude. Learn something new everyday.

Watching football doesn't mean you have to eat. It IS possible to just watch the game. This surgery is just as much about changing habits and mental obstacles as it is about your insides being re routed or altered.

there were some pretty uneccessarily harsh comments here, I hope this doesn't discourage you! For those of you who did that, shame on you. She was seeking advice from others so that she COULD stay on her plan and wondered if anyone else had been to this restaurant and had any suggestions. I have to attend a wedding this weekend, 9 days out from my procedure and had chosen my meal choice long ago - I will be gracious and accept the meal, pick at what I can, enjoy the sparkling Water w/lemon, and enjoy the reception. not planning on sitting at home either, but just as committed as any of you! Let's be nice, we're all "Pals!"

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

9 days post op sparkling Water might cause some discomfort.

I didn't realized i wrote sparkling, thanks for catching that, and you are correct - I often refer to Water as sparkling when it is cold, and with a wedge of lemon, but honestly, I do not ever (not even pre-surgery, just not a fan) drink carbonated beverages. So sparkling, clear, fresh non-carbonated Water for me! ????

there were some pretty uneccessarily harsh comments here, I hope this doesn't discourage you! For those of you who did that, shame on you. She was seeking advice from others so that she COULD stay on her plan and wondered if anyone else had been to this restaurant and had any suggestions. I have to attend a wedding this weekend, 9 days out from my procedure and had chosen my meal choice long ago - I will be gracious and accept the meal, pick at what I can, enjoy the sparkling Water w/lemon, and enjoy the reception. not planning on sitting at home either, but just as committed as any of you! Let's be nice, we're all "Pals!"

So...I suggested Tomato Basil Soup (an option on the current menu) but also commented that I'm not a fan of Applebees. In turn, I was called an old prude that sits and stares at walls.

Remind me who was harsh, here?

So...I suggested Tomato Basil Soup (an option on the current menu) but also commented that I'm not a fan of Applebees. In turn, I was called an old prude that sits and stares at walls.

Remind me who was harsh, here?

She is eating veggies at home when she is still on liquids, of course you will be the wrong one. Pffft.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

wow, this is totally not at all why I installed and activated this app this mrng, I thought it was a place for support, guidance, direction, experience, maybe some occasional redirection if we've lost our way, but certainly not this kind of tit-for-tat vitriol among members. May have to reconsider this app and look for another.

Not everyone on this app is rude. I also wish everyone could just be supportive of one another. We are all in this together, and sometimes, this is the only place for some people to get support because they don't have support at home.

If someone asks a question, give an honest answer without the sarcasm. Being rude doesn't help anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

First of all I was talking to the man that said I should stay home what I Dont do anyways I was out the house soon as they let me out the hospital and someone was able to pick me up I was just simply asking what can I choose to eat from here simple question ...if you had no answer and wanted to make a smart comment keep it to yourself because I go out a lot I went to the Saturday I went to the movies Friday Sunday to the bar so this will be question I have to ask and I'm not sleeved and different doctors have different diets at 2 weeks mines skips from liquid to straight soft foods some have the puree foods in between my Dr doesn't I know its ok because some do ...simple food of choice or Dont comment simple ✌

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

First of all I was talking to the man that said I should stay home what I Dont do anyways I was out the house soon as they let me out the hospital and someone was able to pick me up I was just simply asking what can I choose to eat from here simple question ...if you had no answer and wanted to make a smart comment keep it to yourself because I go out a lot I went to the Saturday I went to the movies Friday Sunday to the bar so this will be question I have to ask and I'm not sleeved and different doctors have different diets at 2 weeks mines skips from liquid to straight soft foods some have the puree foods in between my Dr doesn't I know its ok because some do ...simple food of choice or Dont comment simple ✌

So the super cool thing about posting on a public message board? You get tons of responses from a variety of people. Some you'll love, others you won't. You can choose what you want and ignore the rest.

Or....

You can choose to get your panties in a bunch, start name calling and hurling insults.

What you CAN'T do is dictate what other people say no matter how strongly you insist upon controlling their responses. It's just not going to work.

Either way, you are choosing how people will see (and respond to) you in the future.

Good luck!

wow, this is totally not at all why I installed and activated this app this mrng, I thought it was a place for support, guidance, direction, experience, maybe some occasional redirection if we've lost our way, but certainly not this kind of tit-for-tat vitriol among members. May have to reconsider this app and look for another.

I've come to a similar conclusion. I've migrated to a board that has less traffic but more positive people.

It's unhelpful to rebuke people who are still changing their relationship with food and yet there are many on here who harshly shame anyone with decision they disagree with, e.g. "Why did you get the surgery if you can't follow the rules?" I mean, really? Why the hate from someone who is obviously just as food flawed? Maybe their ugliness is an expression of the private judgment they have for themselves? In either case that spiteful know-it-all attitude is one of the reasons I rarely participate here anymore.

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 256 lbs

Amazingly I lost over 20 lbs in 2 weeks the rude comments Dont bother me like ok starve yourself Dont eat when u go out like that's normal long as my scale goes in the right direction I know I made good choices and changes choosing not to eat is not a good choice u need energy from food one Dr I looked up said pretty much those Protein shakes were bad and had chemicals in the they are good to start off but his goal is to get his clients off them and them eating their Protein instead

Not to sound like I am picking, but sparkling Water has carbonation. You will want to stick with regular water with lemon!

Next time, just have some fried chicken, and drink a beer! :) oops.. wrong threads. sorry.