Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did u guys start having noodles?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think your best bet is to go with a gluten free "noodle" and/or spaghetti squash.. Or make zoodles.. Part of this is learning new ways so we don't end up right back where we were..

Munky

She said zoodles.

I haven't tried them yet, I've used gluten free(quinoa/brown rice) ones and spaghetti squash ones but I wanna try the zoodles yet

Munky

LoL @@Lema that's what they all zucchini noodles

Munky

How do y'all like the zoodles? Pretty good?

I love 'em! I don't even miss Pasta anymore. I don't care for them boiled (too mushy) but sautee them with some garlic and olive oil until they are barely al dente. Serve with your favorite sauce and viola!

I got a little cheapo spiralizer from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I'm going to try sweet potatoes next and bake them for a spin on sweet potato fries!

How do y'all like the zoodles? Pretty good?

I love 'em! I don't even miss Pasta anymore. I don't care for them boiled (too mushy) but sautee them with some garlic and olive oil until they are barely al dente. Serve with your favorite sauce and viola!

I got a little cheapo spiralizer from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I'm going to try sweet potatoes next and bake them for a spin on sweet potato fries!

Yumm! I might have to invest in a spiralizer.

I asked a simple question.. but in return everyone is getting back with such harsh comments and remarks... the reason we all did this is because we love food .. and now cuz everyone is loosing weight u guys hate food that is just tasty n not that nutritional... talk about hypocrisy

I haven't had my surgery yet. That being said. I am trying to eat like I will post op (for the most part) I love love Pasta. I make an awesome spaghetti. So I'm going to make my meat sauce and set some aside for me and then mix the rest with Pasta. For pizza I'm going to only eat the toppings and no crust.

Everyone has to decide how they are going to travel their own weight loss journey. I was told by my surgeon the first 12 to 18 months are the most critical for staying on plan. That is the window for your most weight loss. I plan on doing that.

Research shows eating carbs during this window slows down and can stop your overall weight-loss. It throws your body out of this mode of losing.

I really believe people are trying to get you to realize that carbs at this stage in your journey is a bad idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

@@rolosmom7

I love zoodles but I very rarely have room for any, since I eat Protein first. And no one else lives here so it is kinda pointless to make them 2 bites, but I love them, they are really good.

What they're basically telling you is that the way you think about food pre-surgery cannot continue, post-surgery. The way you think about food is what has gotten you to the point where you NEED surgery, in the first place. So there needs to be a dedication to changing your thought process about it. After you've had weight loss surgery, your stomach real estate is VERY valuable...you can't put much in it, and your body requires certain things - above all, Protein. You will find that you start to value things with higher nutritional value, that meet the needs of your body to function, or to gain muscle. That doesn't mean you can't still want things to taste good, but your priorities have to change. Noodles have next to no nutritional value and they expand in your stomach...and when your stomach hardly holds anything, it's a wasted meal to eat a bunch of noodles. Could you? Sure you could. But if your mind is right about getting your life turned around and getting fit, you won't WANT to. That's what they're saying.

Getting your mind right and changing your attitudes about food is probably at least 80% of succeeding with WLS. If your mindset is still, "Someday I will be able to eat like a normal person" then you're not there, yet...because after WLS, you will NEVER be able to eat like a normal person, again. Your priorities will be MUCH different than theirs.

I asked a simple question.. but in return everyone is getting back with such harsh comments and remarks... the reason we all did this is because we love food .. and now cuz everyone is loosing weight u guys hate food that is just tasty n not that nutritional... talk about hypocrisy

Edited by PorkChopExpress

According to the eating plan given by my bariatric team, I was "allowed" to reintroduce bread, rice and Pasta in moderation at 3 months out. I am currently 9 months out and for the most part still chose not to have them with the exception of the occasional 1/2 a low carb flat bread. I thought I would really miss all of the above, but surprisingly I don't. Most of the time, I'm even too lazy for substitute like zoodles , cauliflower rice etc.

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

I don't think it's hypocrisy at all. I see so many posts about 'treats' and 'good' food and so forth...I absolutely will not allow myself to continue to look at food that way. A 'treat' is a day spent, at a normal size and healthy, with my family. A 'treat' is getting on a plane and not dreading getting into the seat. A 'treat' is walking a couple of miles without needing the next day off because of leg and foot pain. Thinking of crap food as 'treats' and 'good' and 'fun' is how I got to 262 and surgery. No more. Not one more damned day.

If YOU want to 'treat' yourself with food and have 'fun' with food, you can eat around your sleeve and find yourself right back where you were...or you can change your relationship with food and find other ways to 'treat' yourself and other 'good' things and other ways to have 'fun'. But don't expect me or many others here to ever support you in continuing the same deadly relationship with food that you had pre-op. You'll find plenty of 'oh, you do what makes you feel good' replies and when you've gained your weight back, you can come back and thank them ;-)

It's not hypocrisy. As you rightly mentioned, eating for pleasure got me to over 400lbs and limited mobility, high blood pressure and borderline diabetic. I understood when I decided to have surgery that food and I could no longer have the same relationship. It's a hard mindset to change but if I want to be successful (which I do or I wouldn't have had a major surgery to significantly alter my body) I have to stop thinking of food as comfort and pleasure and treating food as what it is supposed to be - sustenance only. I find pleasure in the activities I can now do.

So I don't hate food because I'm losing weight. I'm getting healthy because I changed my relationship with food.

Any of the successful post ops - of which there are many on here and I plan to be one of them - will tell you this process is much more mental than physical. The surgery is just a tool to help you as you actively address the mental aspects. The surgeon only changes your stomach, you have to decide if you want to address the issues that led you to needing surgery and if you do, that work to address them is all on you.

This this this this this this this this this x 1,000,000,000,000,000. THIS IS IT.

@@rolosmom7

I love zoodles but I very rarely have room for any, since I eat Protein first. And no one else lives here so it is kinda pointless to make them 2 bites, but I love them, they are really good.

I'm definitely going to try them. My husband is here and wil eat extras.

Thanks everyone!

How did I miss this thread all day? Wow!!

How did I miss this thread all day? Wow!!

I missed a few of these types of threads today. I am always a dollar short, a day late. lol