Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justwaitin2b banded in October and a bit scared

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear from you on Thursday to find out what is happening. Make sure you let us know as soon as you find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care and hear from you soon.

PS-Bet you won't beable to get to sleep on Wednesday night - it'll be like waiting for Father Christmas!!

Hi I'm waiting as well. My date is Oct 30th. Ihave lots of friends but none I am comfortable talking about this with. I've only told one! I am a little nervous and scared. But know this is the best thing for me. I've tried almost everything else!

Dont be scared, my 1 year anniversary for lap band is Oct 30 and as of today I am down 112lbs. You can do it, and it is the best thing you will ever do. You have to be willing to work the program, and EXERCISE.

You're not wrong, Rastis - I'm already impatient as anthing!

@ Mscas3: Good luck with everything! Have a look around this site - there are some fantastic people here, who will give you lots of support, I'm sure! You just wait till Karen gets here and waves her pompoms! She is one inspiring lady :)

@ SCMartin: Ditto on the good luck. Can't help you with the advice because a) I've only been here a day myself and :o I'm in Australia so our medical system is very different. However, there are LOTS of threads in the site with very helpful information - read the FAQs and I'm sure you'll find the information you want.

Dont be scared, my 1 year anniversary for lap band is Oct 30 and as of today I am down 112lbs. You can do it, and it is the best thing you will ever do. You have to be willing to work the program, and EXERCISE.

Thanks you are true inspiration! That is incredibale 112lbs in a year! :clap2:

You're not wrong, Rastis - I'm already impatient as anthing!

@ Mscas3: Good luck with everything! Have a look around this site - there are some fantastic people here, who will give you lots of support, I'm sure! You just wait till Karen gets here and waves her pompoms! She is one inspiring lady :)

@ SCMartin: Ditto on the good luck. Can't help you with the advice because a) I've only been here a day myself and :o I'm in Australia so our medical system is very different. However, there are LOTS of threads in the site with very helpful information - read the FAQs and I'm sure you'll find the information you want.

Thanks Fanny! The best thing so far has been loggin on to this site. Everyone is so supportive and kind. I appreciate all the honesty and support. Thanks again and again and again to all

Hello!. Im new to this website. Today my Dr recommended that I get the lap-band and He suggested Dr's in hurst like Dr Robert Snow or Dr's at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. Not sure of which one to go to. Any Suggestions? Im going to the seminar of Dr Snow tomorrow night. Not sure what to expect. My BMI is 40 and have several health conditions but I am on medicare because Im disabled. Not sure if it will be covered. Anyone with similar circumstances?

Thanks for any feedback!:help:

I'm in Massachusetts but was able to get my insurance to pay all except for $500. I know my Dr. recommeded it as well and said it was a health issue for me. My BMI is 42 and I have other health related issues to my overweight. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!

I haven't seen Karen post today. Does anyone know the exact date she's booked? Could it be today? If so, best of luck and my good wishes with you, Karen!! If not, where are ya, woman?

I haven't seen Karen post today. Does anyone know the exact date she's booked? Could it be today? If so, best of luck and my good wishes with you, Karen!! If not, where are ya, woman?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure her ops not until around 29 or 30 october. Sometimes she hangs out at the Oz Yahoo group.

Danna

Hi jjsmiles,

thanks for asking,I am doing ok. My surgery is Nov. 6th and I have been dieting since Aug 9th! I went out to eat on Saturday and I ate real food...bad idea lol OMG did I get sick. after not eating anything but 2-3 shakes a day and maybe 2 pieces of fruit food was a killer lol. It was good as I ate it but won't do that again lol. I am down about 32 pounds. My BMI was VERY high so I have to get it down before the surgery.

So glad to hear you are doing well! I know the commericals are tough to watch. My hubby is great and changes the channel when they come on.

How does your port feel? I am a little worried about that, but more worried about blood clots in my legs afterwards. I guess I am just worried. I almost called my DR to move my date to Jan. but then I realized I just need to get this over with! I am just terrified I won't get to see my first grand child born in the begining of Dec.

I will get threw this just wish it was here now!

Keep up the good work! Great weight loss so far WTG!

Sorry I didn't get to post last night, we had a rip snorter storm - so it was beddy byes for all good 'putas........... I can't beleive ya's missed me!!

Hello & Welcome MSCAS3 (do you have a real first name?) Your date is one day after mine - how cool is that???? we are almost band twins!!

Sounds a bit American Pie doesn't it....sorry, lol!! You now have lots of banded, 2b banded, and wanna b banded friends you can tell anything to. The type of people that lend you support and advice on these boards are amazing - they are accepting, encouraging, inspiring and best of all ...... on call 24/7!! When do you start your pre-op diet???

Smalltowngirl40 - You go Girl!!! 112lbs is a fantastic loss, you must be so proud!!! how much exercise do you do daily? and how much did you do when first banded?..............thanx for sharing with us!

Ann - Honey, I know you are scared, we all go through that. But having this operation is what will keep you healthy and happy to see your next grandbaby too!! So don't you dare go getting cold feet on us now - You are doing Faboulously well, and you WILL be a Lapbanding Nana soon!:clap2:

Fanny - you are not doing too bad with those pom-pom's yourself sweetheart - isn't being able to talk to others in the same boat, just the best way to get through the waiting???

JJsmiles - How you doing?? been thinkin of you.....hugs

Janet - How are you feeling today!! Go get 'em baby - you can do it, I betcha you are now more than 1/2 way....nope don't check the scales - just beleive me...... and remember - stick like glue, and drink lots of Water to flush all those "phat" molocules out... (I used ph - cause we don't use that 3 letter F word in our house......lol)

p.s. Fanny - October 29 is my Op day - put it in your diary, I expect lots of keyboard hugs before I go in, to keep my spirits up............cheeky aren't I???

Nancy33 - Hey darl, it should be 1 week today since you were banded, how are you feeling? cccooooo-eeeeee are you there?

Rastis - Fantaboulous 3 kgs in 6 days - Now that's wot I'm talkin 'bout!! woo-hoo that is 1/2 a stone!!

Brispenny - just letting you know, you are in my thoughts today, hugs K

Carol - It is 3 weeks now isn't it? how you doin? what food are you having now and how much - you know, I need info..lol!!

Danna - how do you do that sparkly thing on your signature? It's beautiful................where abouts in Oz are you, and are you banded yet?

Sades - Your first visit to the surgeon is today I think.....Good luck, make sure you ask heaps of questions....and if he has a sample band on his table - ask to touch it, it so much softer than I imagined......

If I have forgotten anyone, please forgive - I have to run now, and get the 3 munchkins ready for the day.......... big hugs Karen

Don't be scared. You want believe how easy the surgery is. I woke up with some pain from one incision, but they quickly gave me pain med. and I never hurt again. Stop worrying about what you might be putting your family through. They will be so glad you had it done. Because you will be healthier, feel better and also like yourself and everyone else more. I know all about the diets. That's why I had the band done. I could not face another diet. Oh sure I can loose weight on them. But can never keep it off. I just knew I had to do something that was going to control my eating problem for me. It's not a quick fix. It can be slow. But I know that now food it no longer controlling me.

Good Luck

I'll say a pray for you.

Yellowsing